The Invasion

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

     Bullets were shot, yelling was heard. In a quick moment, the Han guards were all dead on the ground.

Only one of them managed to run inside the house and warn everyone. 

     "We're being attacked! Grab a weapon and find Miss Sujin!" Taeyang shouted. The house all broke out with fear in their eyes. They did as they were told and went to the weapon room, loaded themselves with guns, knives, swords, anything to protect themselves. Leetuek, who had just came out from his room, looked around confused, he grabbed someone and questioned him,

     "What's going on? A drill?" He asked and Yongguk shook his head quickly. 

     "Vampires, they're here. Just outside of the gates and we can't find Miss Sujin." Yongguk told him and Leetuek's eyes widened. 

     "Tell some people to go outside, don't let them pass those gates!" Leetuek instructed, running to Sujin's room. Yongguk ran down the stairs and told his friends to go handle the intruders outside of the gates. 

Leetuek bursted in Sujin's room and it was empty, his panicked eyes searched everywhere but she wasn't there. 

- - - - - - - 

Ten minutes earlier

     "Do you hear that?" Gaeun asked in a serious tone. Sungjong glanced up from his book and shrugged. 

     "I may be a witch, but I don't have special hearing powers." He pursed his lips and saw Gaeun open his door. Her expression looked concern. 

     "The human gangsters will get inside, kill whoever gets in they're way, then get Sujin and bring her to us." Gaeun repeated what she heard from afar, "Vampires. They're here." Gaeun snapped her head back at Sungjong and he had already stood up, his eyes nervously staring at hers. 

     "Where's Sujin?!" Sungjong asked her but Gaeun shook her head, neither of them knew. 

     "I'm gonna go help the guards. You go find Sujin and make sure she doesn't leave this house." Gaeun told him and he nodded. 

- - - - - - -

Sujin sat down on the leather couch and sighed. 

     "Peace and quiet." Sujin said outloud, no one heard her of course, she felt like she was the only one in the world right now. 

She felt something when she shifted on the couch, lifting her leg and pulling out something from underneath the cushion. It was a diary. Sujin stared at it, it was plain black, a pen attached to the side, and it was obvious who's diary it was. 

For the next minutes she contemplated on whether she should read it or not.

And being the curious girl she is, opened the very first page. 

December 24, 1994

I can't remember the last time I actually was happy. Tomorrow is Christmas Day, and it's only a reminder of the day my parents left me. Gaeun noona says it was for the better, but I honestly don't know what to respond to that because I've never met them. If they saw me now they probably wouldn't want me, I'm a monster. Not even capable of doing anything without wanting to rip someone's head off. Supposedly that's part of the newbie stage, but either way I'm not normal. Well, Merry Christmas to my non existing family and the new, vampire me.

Sujin furrowed her eyebrows as she read it, a frown upon her lips as she turned pass more pages. 

April 3, 1996

It's been two years since I've became a vampire, and let me tell you, it has it's fun but it's also a curse. I think I am passing the curse part though, instead of killing humans and drinking their blood, I've fed off of animals for a while now. It doesn't taste as good, but it makes me feel good knowing that I'm not a murderer. Gaeun noona said if I keep doing this and taking pills, I'll be just fine and eventually I'll start to feel like a regular human again. The only thing I care about is myself, but Gaeun noona is stubborn and thinks a part of me can care for other things. She's even taking me to a funeral tomorrow. Yahoo. Fun.

April 4, 1996

The funeral turned out to be the grandmother's funeral that I had killed two years ago. Seeing her dead body overwhelmed me and then all my feelings had hit me all at once. I felt horrible, sad, mad, guilty and just plain miserable. Remembering the night I had killed her was a bad memory and I can't seem to forget it. It was the day after I was transformed into a vampire, I was lost in the woods, running to who knows where, all I knew was I was really hungry and my eyes would not stop turning blood red. I heard noises and ran towards it, and there she was, the innocent grandma. She asked me if I was okay, I growled at her and she came closer, and being the monster I am, I attacked her, drinking all the blood in her body. I can't say it didn't feel good, because the power it gave me was a thrill. But now, I am ashamed that happened. When her grandchildren stared at her with lost eyes, and her children cried and cried, not knowing that the person who killed her was standing right next to them, I never wanted to hurt someone like that again. The guilt of being a beast was hard to bare for me, so I gave up whatever those killer instincts were and listened to Gaeun noona. I have feelings now and they will haunt me for the rest of my life, but hey, it's part of being human.

Sujin was staring hard at the page. Myungsoo wrote this. This diary has everything written down that he has gone through ever since he became a vampire. She laid her head back against the couch and sighed, staring at the blank cieling. 

- - - - - - -

The Han guards began fighting off the gang members first, since they're human, and they would be easier to actually kill. The vampires on the other hand hissed and clawed at the metal gates. 

     "Zelo, get inside now!" Daehyun yelled at the young one, Zelo's hands held onto a pistol and aimed towards the crowd of gansters. 

He only saw the viscious looking vampire growling at him, his eyes tempted him to shoot him. 

     "I can do this!" Zelo shouted at his hyung, Daehyun saw the gates shaking and he ran over to push Zelo away before anyone could get to him. 

     "Get in the house before you die!" Daehyun slapped his face and took the gun from his hands, the maknae ran inside the house as quickly as he could. He looked back and saw all his hyungs fighting with all their might, some couldn't fight hard enough and were dead on the floor. He saw some of his hyungs wandering the house, looking for Sujin. 

     "Hyungs, hurry! They broke the gates!" Zelo pleaded and ran to his room, along with the other youngsters. 

     "The vampires can't get in here without being invited in, but the gangsters can, so go guard all the entrances, that means the whole house perimeter. Windows, back doors, anything that can give them access inside." Leetuek yelled at everyone, they all heard him, even through all the chaos going on. 

Gaeun, who was also running around, stopped. She saw the vampires outside of the door and her eyes changed colors. Her speed took her right to the door and she was greeted by Seunghyun, who use to be a friend of hers. 

     "Wow, so you're with the good guys huh?" Seunghyun raised an eyebrow at her.

     "Always have been." Gaeun responded, Seunghyun rolled his eyes. 

    "Be a good girl and go fetch me the necklace then." He told her, trying to step inside the house but his foot wouldn't go past the frame. 

Gaeun glared and her fangs grew in, "Do I look like a dog to you?" Gaeun said before shoving Seunghyun off the porch, she was in the open and other vampires saw her. 

    "No, you look like a lonesome vampire." Ms Kim appeared before her and she stumbled back. 

- - - - - - -

Sujin stopped being a sappy teenage girl and got off the couch. Although she was having a nice time, enjoying the quiet moment she had with 'Myungsoo' she had to go and actually find the 'real' Myungsoo. 

She grabbed the guitar and put the strap around her shoulder, one of her hand supporting the guitar and the other holding onto Myungsoo's diary. Just as she was about to open the door, her phone caused her to jump. She set down the diary on the piano and took out her phone from her back pocket. The caller ID showed Gaeun's name, Sujin assumed she had been taking to long and Gaeun wanted to call to tell her to hurry up.

    "Hello?" Sujin answered, and she was shocked to hear the voice was not Gaeun's.

     "Han Sujin?" Ms Kim grinned, standing outside of the front door, looking inside at the dozen men fighting.

Sujin furrowed her eyebrows and she blinked rapidly. 

     "Who is this?" Sujin asked with a small attitude. 

     "You don't know me. But what you need to know is I have your precious Gaeun unni right here." Ms Kim smirked and she glanced at her comrades tie up Gaeun which was soaked in white herbs, causing Gaeun's wrist to sting badly, she let out a groan and her eyes glared at the men in anger. 

    "What do you want?" Sujin asked slowly, hearing Gaeun's cry for help made Sujin worried. 

Ms Kim stared at the Han house and squinted. 

     "You." Ms Kim pursed her lips. "Come out of the house now and meet us in the front yard." She said with a grin towards who husband who was preparing for Sujin's arrival. 

     "SUJIN DON'T DO IT!"

Sujin heard Gaeun shout before a sound of thudding was heard before the call ended. She looked around the empty room, cluelessly biting her lip.

*What do I do. what do I do. what do I do.* Sujin repeated in her head. She left Myungsoo's guitar and diary in the room, when she left, she made sure the door was securely shut before taking the mysterious path way. Her footsteps were light and she swerved her head all around her. From upstairs she heard shouting, angry men. Gun shots and thudding on the floor, making her even more curious as to what is going on. 

She finally made it to the main level kitchen, she walked around the stoves and her foot hit something. She looked down and her eyes rounded and a gasp escaped from . A dead man was sprawled on the floor with half his face burned and a bleeding back.

*Oh my god. What is going on?* Sujin stumbled over him, still confused she ran out of the kitchen doors and into the chaos. 

Everywhere, she saw the Han guards fighting someone, some of them even dead on the floor. She saw Zico coughing in a corner and ran to him. 

    "What is this?" Hyojin asked him, her eyes frantically looking at the war going on as she crouched down besides him. Zico breathed out heavily and his eyes tried focusing on her. 

    "S-sujin, you n-need...to...go...h-hide..." Zico managed to say, that's when Sujin finally took a good look at him, his arm clutched at his ribs, and his leg dripping with blood.

    "You're really injured! We need to go bring you some---" 

Zico pulled her arm and looked in her eyes, his eyes had finally opened and he narrowed them at her. 

     "It's not safe! Run to your room now!" Zico told her, just then a gang member found the two on the floor. Sujin made eye contact with him and he grinned. 

     "Remember me?" He asked, Sujin stood up and she squinted at him. He was one of the drug dealing guys and he was insane. He carried a metal rod from a fire place used to poke at the burning wood. Sujin saw she had an easy way pass all the chaotic guards and gangsters fighting. 

     "How could I forget, you my friend, you sick bastard." Sujin glared at him and the girn on his face erased. He fumed, his big body flinched to move, Sujin glanced back at Zico before sprinting off. Her legs quickly jumped around all the obstacles and she made it to the stairs. The sound of the man chasing her was obvious, he was panting heavily and yelling rude things. Sujin did not turn back, she kept going forward up the stairs and ran down the halls. 

Luckily there was no one in sight, she reached her room and her hand slid against the handle. Someone grabbed onto her leg and she fell on the floor. 

     "You're a fast one, no wonder boss needs you." A different guy with a buzz cut smirked. Sujin crawled backwards and tried getting inside her room, the man walked along with her shaking his head, then the other big man caught up and towered over the helpless Sujin. 

     "Leave me alone!" Sujin screamed, she kicked the closest man in the privates and he groaned in pain, grabbing his hurting area. Sujin got on her feet and made it inside her room, she nearly closed the door but it came to a halt. The gangster who held the bat used it and pushed the door open with it, he chuckled when he saw that she fell to the floor due to his strength. He held the bat over her head and leaned down. 

     "They said I can't kill you, but I think making you unconcious will be easier for me." He swung the bat and hit it against Sujin's head, but it didn't hit as hard as she thought it would. It hurt, and she felt a heavy pain in her brain, and her eyes drooped as she stared up at him. She saw him fall to the floor, his neck all crooked. 

Before her eyes gave out, she saw a figure standing before her. 

     "Myungsoo..."