It's okay.

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

     Sujin blinked open her eyes, her eyelids felt heavy and her mind was telling her to keep them shut. But she knew she'd have to open them at some point and face reality, so she opened them quickly and stared out at the window. Her arm was draped on the other side of the bed, her thoughts suddenly remembering when Taehyung would randomly appear besides her with his sweet smile. She flipped herself around so the thoughts of Taehyung would go away, but when she looked at the edge of her bed, Myungsoo came to mind. How he would wait there until she woke up and greet her.

Sujin sat up in her bed and sighed. 

*They're apart of me. I can't just exclude them.* Sujin told herself. 

When she got out of bed, her legs felt weak, then the her door opened and she stood up straight and waited for whoever to enter. It was Sungjong.

Sungjong noticed her expression of worry and confusement and rushed to her side, aiding her to sit back down on her bed. 

     "Are you okay?" Sungjong whispered, looking her right in the eyes. Sujin tried avoiding his stare but she eventually met his eyes and she nodded.

     "Yes, I'm okay." Sujin told him, and quickly changed the subject. "So, where's Gaeun unni? Is she safe? Or what?" The concern in her eyes made Sungjong weak. He didn't want to disappoint her even more, but something told him she needed to know.

     "I did the spell and all I got was that she's in a basement, they have her chained up and are trying to get her to expose how to get the necklace from you." Sungjong said slowly. Sujin processed every word and her expression softened.

     "They're gonna kill her." Sujin teared up, staring blankly ahead. Sungjong shook his head but Sujin nodded. "Gaeun won't ever give up easily! She's not going to sell me out to spare her life. That's how much of a heart she has, that's the kind of vampire she made herself to be." 

Sungjong saw the tears running down her cheeks and knew that Sujin wanted to find Gaeun badly. 

     "Sujin, she's strong. I'm going to do whatever it takes to save her, I already called the other witches, they're going to come help us. Everything's going to be okay." He was speaking in a firm tone and Sujin trusted him. 

She rubbed her eyes and wiped off the dry tears. 

     "Thank you." Sujin smiled. 

- - - - - - -

     Time was going by and all Sujin has done was think. Her brain was worn out from trying to understand or come up with a solution for peace. Eventually she found herself on the couch, opening Myungsoo's journal. 

Some reason, when Sujin flipped to a certain page, it was marked, as if he wanted to keep that page open. She immediately wanted to read when she saw the date marked. 

September 13 2013

Today, I saw her. After all my years of searching for someone I want to protect, it's her. And not because Boss Han told me to, but because it was her. Han Sujin. She looked exactly like her mother and it hit me terribly. When looking into her doe eyes, they were the same eyes as her mother's before I had pushed the car towards the curb. Everyday now, I am reminded of it, the mistaken accident I caused with my own bare hands. This lost girl has no clue her parent's death is all my fault. I couldn't control myself and ended up killing innocent people. Her parents. And that's why I am going to dedicate my life to her. She's going to be everything I live for, no matter what, she's going to be my reason for fighting. 

Sujin placed the book down on her lap and lifted her head. 

*Our first meeting.* Sujin thought. 

And then, the pain hit her. was pulsing and it was suffocating her, she gasped for air and dropped the book as she stood up. 

*Myungsoo.* Sujin went frantic and she dashed out of the house, a guard, Hongbin, had stopped her from running towards the front door. 

     "Jewel, what are you doing? Is everything alright?" Hongbin's wide eyes scanned hers. 

Sujin balled her fist tight and she breathed heavily. 

     "Myungsoo. I need to go! Myungsoo needs help!" Sujin hurriedly spoke and Hongbin gave her her car keys when he saw the urgency in her eyes. 

Sujin ran out and got into her car, she couldn't drive but an instinct had lead her to Myungsoo's house. She gripped onto the steering wheel and bit her lip.

*I'm here Myungsoo.* Sujin said in her head as she reached his front door, she knocked on it and pounded on it when there was no answer.

     "Myungsoo! Open the door! Please let me in! Let me help you!" Sujin screamed.

- - - - - - -

He was on the floor panicking, his lungs trying to breathe in air but in his mind it's as if it won't let him.

Myungsoo's neck was bleeding due to his claws buried inside his neck, the blood dripped down and his vision went blurry everytime he blinked. He heard Sujin's voice and lifted his head with difficulty. 

     "S-sujin..." Myungsoo coughed and fell to the floor. 

Sujin heard a loud thud and she got even more anxious, she kicked down the door and spotted Myungsoo. His claws choked him and his eyes were shut, his body shaking and colder than usual. 

     "Myungsoo. I got you. It's okay. Get up." Sujin spoke in a calm tone, she helped Myungsoo lift himself up and tried stopping him from shaking. 

     "Miss S----GASP---" Myungsoo's eyes rolled back and Sujin's eyes widened when she noticed him clawing his neck. She gripped onto his hand and used her strength to pry his hands away from his neck. 

     "Please, Myungsoo. Stop!!" Sujin cried. She put her hands on his cheeks, attempting to do what she did yesterday.

     "I'm gonna die! I can't---I c-can't--b-br-breathe...." Myungsoo finally stopped clawing at his neck, his hands gripped onto Sujin's shoulders, she winced when she felt his claws sink into her skin. 

     "LOOK AT ME!" Sujin yelled, getting his attention was the first thing she needed to do. He heard her very well, his red eyes found hers and his heart beated quicker, but his lungs still refused to give in. "Slow down. Breathe. One. Breathe. Two. Breathe." Sujin told him, Myungsoo gasped for air, taking it in as if he had been drowning for hours. Sujin could feel the stinging of his vampire nails in her shoulders and she furrowed her eyebrows. 

     "Sujin." Myungsoo opened his eyes wide and they went back to normal, he realized his claws were in her back and he released her. "Oh my god. Miss Sujin!" Myungsoo stared at her with frightened eyes. 

     "It's okay. I'm here. You're okay." Sujin whispered, her arms bringing him closer to her til finally their bodies touched. Myungsoo was still frozen. He smelled Sujin's blood and felt ashamed at his actions. 

     "But your back. Miss Sujin, you're bleeding." Myungsoo fought off the urges but the beast in him still wanted control. His red eyes glowed as he hugged Sujin's small body against his. 

     "Control it Myungsoo. You can." Sujin wasn't sure why but she began crying. Myungsoo pulled away from her and they stood up. 

*Oh yeah. He told her.* 

     "Why'd you come Sujin Why didn't you just let me die?" Myungsoo said with insecure eyes. 

Sujin's expression fell when she heard him say that. She shook her head and knitted her eyebrows together. 

     "Do you think I would do that to you? Do you think I would do that to anyone?" Sujin questioned him.

The vampire stared at the ground.

     "I killed your parents Sujin." Myungsoo felt ashamed of himself even more. 

Sujin surpressed a small smile with a shrug. 

     "No you didn't. Don't say that." Sujin tried to tell him that it was okay. But it made Myungsoo feel more guilty and perplexed. Myungsoo held onto his forehead, a minor headache from his panic attack caved in.

*AHHH. The hunger is too strong right now!* Myungsoo shut his eyes tightly and Sujin made a movement but he backed away. 

     "Get out of here Miss Sujin!" Myungsoo's fangs came out and he took a deep breath. 

Sujin remained standing in front of him, she crossed her arms and looked at him with her round eyes. Myungsoo shut his mouth to hide his fangs, he blinked rapidly, hoping his red eyes would fade away. 

     "I'm not leaving here without you." Sujin told him. 

Myungsoo gripped onto his head and let out a beastly growl. 

     "WHY DON'T YOU HATE ME?" He screamed, Sujin wasn't shaken. "WHY AREN'T YOU AFRAID?" Myungsoo stepped closer to her, she had on a poker face while he beamed with furiousness. "I'm a monster. I just clawed your back and now you're bleeding. I ran away from you when you told me not to.I basically murdered your parents. So, why?" Myungsoo wanted to know. 

Sujin stepped closer to him and smiled.

     "It's okay." She held his face again, her eyes staring at his sharp fangs. "Things happen. People make mistakes." 

Myungsoo's heavy breathing calmed by her warm touch. 

*I'm in love with you so deeply.* Myungsoo sighed and beastly side vanished as he stared into Sujin's eyes. 

     "I'll come back home, because after all the people you've lost, you could use one who you can't lose." He finally said. 

Sujin's eyes twinkled as she smiles widely and hugged him. 

     "Promise, you won't leave again." 

Myungsoo was looking at her bleeding shoulders and felt guilty. 

     "I promise, Miss Sujin." Myungsoo smiled. 

*I won't leave your side again, because I don't want to hurt you like I already have.*