Monster

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

     Sujin snuck out as quietly as she could. Since her and Myungsoo had a small quarrel yesterday, she figured avoiding him would make him forget what she said. But it has been on Sujin's mind all night and since then. 

Sujin's Pov ;

I don't like him but like after all he is an attractive guy...in a way. But I know he's just doing his job so I can't mistake him doing his job for...what? 

Affection? Caring? Love?

Right. Not everyone who is nice towards you has deep feelings for you, stop being so naive you idiot.

I walked to school alone, since September was already ending, and October would be coming up, I probably won't feel this warm sensation anymore, so I declined the boys to drive me and walked with my two feet. 

I remembered the things from yesterday, the necklace. Gotta protect the necklace. For mom, from vampires. 

Ah, Vampires. So Officer Kim is a vampire? But he's a police men, that's odd to even imagine. I wonder who else is a vampire...

     "Han Sujin!" I looked up and saw a familiar face.

Kim Taehyung. 

This boy is the definition of weird. I'm not judging him, I know he's weird. Aside from his little flirtacious smiles and changing moods, he didn't seem all that bad of a companion. I waved to him from across the sidewalk. He was walking with his friends, so I avoided saying anything incase.

     "Good morning." I heard, and jumped. I looked besides me and saw a smiling Taehyung. It was new to see him smile, kind of...cute.

End Of Pov

     "Um, morning." Sujin said, squinting at the sun before their eyes. Taehyung walked next to her with his arms crossed together, staring at her side view. 

     "Hey, I'm sorry." Taehyung suddenly apologized, making Sujin turn her head to look at him. Taehyung saw her sparkling brown eyes, clear skin, the only flaw of her would be her pinkish cheeks that glowed like flower petals. 

*Control.* Taehyung commanded himself. 

     "For what?" Sujin's eyebrows came together as she blinked at him. Taehyung looked away, he couldn't handle her beauty. 

     "You know, that one day, when you were getting bullied." Taehyung told her. "Also when I said those things about you being rich and also your parents. I wasn't thinking, so I'm sorry." 

Sujin was still looking at Taehyung, she saw that he was being sincere and she smiled. "It's okay. You didn't even do anything that one day, and it happens. People think I'm just this bratty, spoiled rich kid who think she's better than others." Sujin shrugged. 

When listening and looking at Sujin, Taehyung forgot all about what he was ordered to do.

     "That's the thing, I should've stepped in and told those girls to leave. Just understand, I want us to start all over again." Taehyung messed with his dark purple hair. Sujin looked up ahead, sensing something, she ignored it and went back to speaking to Taehyung.

    "No, really. It's okay. If I wanted those girls to leave, I would've done something myself." Sujin raised her eyebrows and pursed her lips. "Oh, and start all over? That'd be nice, I guess." Sujin bit her lip, staring at the floor, she then saw Taehyung's shoes parallel to hers, her eyes looked up from his feet and saw Taehyung bowing at ninety degrees.

     "Hello, my name is Kim Taehyung and you, are very pretty." Taehyung said and got up, Sujin noticed his sly grin and more of his features. 

Most guys wouldn't pull of having purple hair, but on him, it just made him cuter, and his eyes appeared to be not just black, but maybe hints of dark blue in them, it amazed Sujin as she stared at him. 

*He called me pretty.* Sujin began to blush, her expression going blank. 

*Oh, how I would love to bite you.* Taehyung thought. 

     "Kim Taehyung, are you flirting with me?" Sujin asked and walked around him with a contented smile. Taehyung smirked and followed her. "No, really, are you? Cause boys don't usually flirt with me so it's hard to tell." Sujin said with round eyes. Taehyung found Sujin innocent and he wanted to pinch her warm cheeks. 

Taehyung grinned wider and went to catch up to her, which wasn't hard for him. 

     "I'm just being a gentleman, I was taught by my dear mother to be kind to ladies. Of course as a young boy growing up I ignored her advice, but now, in this sitiuation, I think being a gentleman is a good idea." Taehyung shrugged his broad shoulders. Sujin looked at him from the side and a smile tugged at her lips. 

She wasn't aware she was being watched by someone. 

    "So, I'll see you in class later okay?" Taehyung bumped his arm into Sujin's gently. Sujin nodded and watched him walk away, she waved as he disappeared into the sea of students. 

Sujin opened her locker with difficulty, she's still trying to get use to the combination. She heard a thud behind her locker door and moved it so she could see what was going on behind it. Her eyes widened as she laid eyes on Myungsoo. His back was against the locker and he had his arms crossed. 

     "Where were you this morning?" Myungsoo asked her, expecting an answer right away. Of course, being Sujin, she wasn't planning on telling him.

     "What does it matter? I'm safe, I'm here. We don't need to have any disussions about where I was." Sujin said in a non chalant tone, Myungsoo uncrossed his arms and looked at her with a sad expression. 

     "I'm sorry. " Myungsoo said, watching Sujin while she stared at her books and papers. 

     "Stop saying you're sorry. You did nothing wrong, no one is at fault. Just go to class, please." Sujin bit her lip and slammed her locker before walking away from Myungsoo quickly. Myungsoo clenched his jaw and sighed, following Sujin's order, he walked to class with a frustrated mind.

*Jeez. You're just making me even more embarrassed over what happened last night.* Sujin shook her head when she entered her classroom. 

Taehyung noticed her and he heard her thoughts.  Right when she saw down Taehyung turned to her.

     "Are you okay?" Taehyung asked her with a concerned expression. Sujin glanced at him then nodded quickly with a plain smile. 

*Why did this all have to happen? Gosh. Sujin, you're so stupid, why would you say that to him? We're just a princess and a servant. Okay, I understand.* Sujin pursed her lips and took out her textbook.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow and face forward, slightly smiling to himself. 

*Well, seems like his little caretaker job isn't going so well.* Taehyung smirked and tapped his fingers on the desk. 

- - - - - - -

~ Lunch ~

     Two men were still in the hallways even after the bell had rung. 

Myungsoo glared at Taehyung with pure hate. The story between the two of them goes way back. Taehyung smiled and began speaking first.

     "So, Han Sujin huh." Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "Is she the one you plan to risk your life for no matter what?" Taehyung asked him. Myungsoo's cold body stiffened and his expression hardened. 

     "That doesn't concern you." Myungsoo said almost in a mumble. Taehyung chuckled and tapped his chin.

     "Ah, but it does. Because she has something my family wants. And...I kind of want her. So you tell me, is that any of my concern to know?" Taehyung was torturing Myungsoo, something he was very good at.

Myungsoo had snapped and his eyes changed into the fiery red in an instant while his teeth were out in the open, his strong hands were around Taehyung's neck, choking him against the lockers. 

     "You stay away from her!" Myungsoo hissed. Taehyung was struggling to breathe but he grinned, his eyes changing into midnight blue. 

     "That's what I thought. Twelve years ago you said to me 'Now that I can live eternally, I'm going to find someone I love and want to protect, I'm going to make her fall in love with me, bite her and make her be with me forever and never let go.'"Taehyung said in between gasping. Myungsoo growled, and his memories flashed back to the time he had mentioned that. His grip on Taehyung tightened and his fangs were right before Taehyung's eyes. 

     "That was the past. I'm different now. Unlike you, you're still the horrid monster everyone fears." Myungsoo shook his head, Taehyung's eyes grew wide and his knife like teeth hissed at Myungsoo, Taehyung was much stronger than Myungsoo, so he pushed Myungsoo away from him, Myungsoo landed on the floor with a thud. Taehyung put his foot on Myungsoo's chest before he could get up. 

     "No. You're just like us. No matter how you look at it, you still crave blood, you still have that killer instinct in you. You will always be a monster." Taehyung pressed his foot harder against Myungsoo chest before disappearing. Myungsoo got up and felt a pain his back, back to the night where Officer Kim had clawed at him, he moved around his arm and tried getting out the knots in his back. 

*Don't listen to him.* Myungsoo tried telling himself. He shook off the pain and quickly went to find Sujin. 

- - - - - - -

     "Yeah, like every friday we usually have a talent show in the ballroom, it's really fun!" Taemin told her. Sujin curled her hair behind her ear, but before she could reply back to Taemin, the door to the room slammed open, creating a loud noise. 

Everyone saw Myungsoo's worried expression and blinked at him. Myungsoo's eyes scanned the room for Sujin, he saw her looking back at him with curious eyes. 

*Is he okay??* Sujin thought. Myungsoo then looked down at her neck and made a sigh of relief when he saw the sparkling pearls on her neck still. 

*Thank god you're okay.* Myungsoo walked to his seat slowly. 

     "Was it who I'm thinking of?" L.joe asked him. Myungsoo reached his seat next to Sujin and nodded his head, his hands reaching out for the water bottle before him. 

     *Kim Taehyung?* L.joe was thinking.

     "Yeah." Myungsoo said, at the corner of his eye, he looked at Sujin, she was eating quietly and calmly. 

*I will protect you from those monsters. Monsters like me.*