Mind control

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

      

     Gaeun stared around the room, always scrunching her face in disgust when she saw blood scattered around, Taehyung's blood. They only slit her wrist every few hours, for the past weeks they've held her captive in the basement. She was seated on the floor and her eyes tried to remain open, Gaeun needed blood. Whether it was a mice's blood or a deer's, she could feel her insides slowly drying out and if her veins didn't recieve blood in them, she'll start to decompose and no longer be. 

Taehyung began coughing loudly and he lifted his head slowly, he still had some strong senses left so he used his ears to listen closely when he heard someone step into the house. The footsteps were light, so he immediately guessed it belong to a girl's. He tried to get a scent off of who it was, but that sense just wasn't working. 

Then the voice spoke, her voice was firm. 

     "I ran into Han Sujin a lot today, I think we may even be friends." She grinned. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows the minute Sujin's name was mentioned. Gaeun also perked her ears to listen. 

     "Good, just be sure to stay away from Myungsoo. He's quite protective over her, to the point where it's utterly annoying." Taehyung heard his dad speak and he visualized his father rolling his eyes. 

The girl let out a small chuckle. 

    "Oh please, I've lived 17 years as a witch, I think I can handle one vampire." She said, her voice full of confidence. Taehyung was curious as to who the girl was, and he wanted to know why his dad was consulting with a 17 year old witch. 

     "Alright. But I'm telling you, be cautious, we don't want to rush into things." Mr Kim told her. She nodded and headed for the door. 

     "I know. For now, I'll get Sujin on my side." 

Mr Kim nodded, 

     "And remember Yerim, if you make one slip up, you're done for." Mr Kim said with a smile even though the words he just said came out as a threat. Yerim bowed her head with a small grin as she walked out the door backwards. 

     "Yerim?" Taehyung and Gaeun made eye contact and he blinked. 

*Who is that?*

Both wondered. 

     "Sujin's in trouble, she needs us..." Gaeun frowned upon her tied up arms and legs. 

     "I heard they're letting you out." Taehyung whispered very quietly. Gaeun's eyes widened and she tilted her head. 

     "What?" Gaeun saw Taehyung nodding his head. 

*I over heard my mother talking to Seunghyun. He told her about how the white herb is all out of your system and it's safe to let you go now.* 

Taehyung thought and Gauen read it. She felt relieved but then again they wouldn't let her off that easy, there has to be a reason they captured her and drained all the white herb out of her body. 

*Hey, noona. Listen.* Taehyung called out to Gaeun when he noticed her dazing off. She looked at him with drowsy eyes. *When you get out of here, be sure to tell Sujin to stay away from Yerim. Alright? And tell Myungsoo to take good care of Sujin. I'm done.*

Gaeun looked away from Taehyung as soon as she heard footsteps coming down the creaky wooden stairs. She dropped her head and remained calm. 

     "Aigoo, look at you, we should've let you rot." Mrs Kim placed her hand underneath Gaeun's chin and lifted up her head, Gaeun lazily stared at the elder. "But I've made a decision." Mrs Kim smiled, Gaeun tried not to show any emotion. "I'm going to release you from this house." Mrs Kim began untying Gaeun's legs and then arms, Gaeun was about to get on her feet when Mrs Kim pushed her back down. "But first, there's something I need you to do." Mrs Kim grinned. 

Gaeun stared at Mrs Kim's vampiric gold eyes, shining bright, they looked like two small suns burning through her soul.

And that's when Taehyung knew what was going to happen. He knew his mom would use mind control on Gaeun and him as soon as the white herbs were out of their systems. 

     "I want you to go back home and act normally. Don't say anything about what we did to you. You are not to tell them what we are doing to Taehyung also. And lastly, I want you to always be where Sujin is. Watch her every movement." Mrs Kim's bright orange eyes glared into Gaeun's orbs and Gaeun nodded her head. The mind control actually had worked because Gaeun couldn't even remember the moments before Mrs Kim came downstairs. 

Taehyung heard everything and he shut his eyes in defeat. There was no way Gaeun would be able to tell anyone about Yerim. And just by the way his mom placed her words, Gaeun would never be able to leave Sujin's side. 

Mrs Kim led Gaeun outside and she squinted at the sun. It'd been awhile since she's been out and just seeing the sky made her feel free.

     "You are to tell them that all we did was make you drink human blood." Mrs Kim compelled Gaeun one last time and Gaeun blinked at her. 

     "Yes." Gaeun said monotoned and she began trudging away. Her legs were weak and was awfully dry, the beast in her was raging with hunger. When Gaeun heard birds chirping, her fangs had already came out, she stared at the trees and breathed heavily. She wanted to use her speed to climb the tree but she had no strength due to no blood for the past three weeks. 

Miracously, she saw a dead bunny right before her. Without even thinking how or what had put it there, she wobbled towards the rabbit and began drinking it's animal blood. 

- - - - - - -

     "Your grandfather told me to tell you the funeral for the men will be next Saturday." Myungsoo said as he entered with a bottle of water, handing it to Sujin as she sat crissed crossed on her bed. She shut her book and pursed her lips, staring at the clear liquid inside the bottle. 

     "I'm not going." Sujin said softly. It was something shocking to hear. Myungsoo cocked his head with a expression of worry and confusement. 

     "Why not?" He asked back, trying to sound as plain as possible.

Sujin opened the water bottle and sipped a little before replying. 

     "How many more funerals am I going to have to go to and cry? I can't handle it you know. Yes, I'm not afraid of death, but I am afraid when I see normal people around me dying. Out of my seventeen years of living I've been to about 8 funerals, one of which including my parents. And now I have to go to a funeral for the men who died protecting me?" Sujin paused and she bit her lip. "I know the right thing to do would be to go and pay my respects but I can't Myungsoo. I'm afraid." Sujin shrugged and he sighed, slowly taking a spot on the opposite side of the bed. Staring at her from across the distance. Her eyes fell to the floor and they looked blank or maybe guilty. 

     "It's okay Miss Sujin, you don't have to go if you don't want to. I understand the pressure that's being put on you. And it's a pretty scary thing, but remember, you aren't alone." Myungsoo then gave her a smile, Sujin held onto that moment and felt relief. 

    "Yeah, you got us." Gaeun's voice over powered Myungsoo's gentle voice, Gaeun stepped into the room with her arms folded with her motherly smile of hers. Sujin was so happy to see Gaeun, she jumped off the bed and grinned with joy. 

     "Unni!!! I missed you so much! I thought they would kill you and I got so worried about you! Like why did you choose to keep me safe instead of you first? I can't believe---" 

     "Doesn't matter. I'm by your side now." Gaeun flipped her orange hair over her shoulder with her wide grin. Sujin nodded back, she stared at Gaeun with uncertain eyes. Did she really not want to talk about what happened in the past month while they kept her captive? Sujin wanted to know badly. 

- - - - - - -

Days later

     "Um, Gaeun unni, do you mind? I'm going to the bathroom..." Sujin's hand slid off the bathroom's doorknob when she noticed Gaeun behind her. The vampire blinked at her with round eyes then shrugged. 

     "Oh, go ahead." Gaeun said non chalantly. Sujin raised an eyebrow at her and blew out a puff of air. 

*Alright then.* She pressed her lips in a thin line and walked to her bed. Gaeun sat on the couch, keeping Sujin in peripheral vision. 

It was starting to weird Sujin out. Ever since Gaeun got back, wherever Sujin was, Gaeun was. She was like a stalker but a very bad one. And whenever Sujin asked Gaeun she would only respond "I'm just keeping an eye out for you". 

Sujin got out her phone, glancing at Gaeun and smiling when they met eyes. Sujin stared at her phone, not letting Gaeun see her eyes so she wouldn't be able to read her mind. 

She texted Myungsoo, who was in his room reading a book. 

Please come to my room.

And in less than a second, Myungsoo arrived. He was wide eyed, scanning around the room. He stopped when he saw Gaeun.

    "Are you okay?" Myungsoo walked towards Sujin, Sujin turned so her back was facing Gaeun. She faked a nod but then started thinking and let Myungsoo read her thoughts.

*Gaeun unni is acting really strange and I'm getting creeped out. She keeps following me everywhere, she won't let me out of her sight.*

Myungsoo stealthily looked at Gaeun, she was dazing out at the wall behind Myungsoo. 

     "Gaeun noona, can you come help me with something?" Myungsoo pointed his thumb towards the door, Gaeun squinted at him then stood up. 

     "Sure." She said and began walking towards the door but came to a quick halt. "You should come too, Sujin." Gaeun grinned, causing Sujin to tense up. 

     "Um, I actually have some homework to finish---" 

      "Come." Gaeun's vampire eyes glared at Sujin, Sujin blinked, shocked Gaeun would do such a thing. Myungsoo's adams apple bobbed and he stared at Sujin's hesitant eyes. 

     "You know what, nevermind, I'll go ask Sungjong for help." Myungsoo nodded while keeping a steady gaze on Sujin. She caught what he meant and also nodded her head.

     "Okay, hurry back. I might need help on my homework." Sujin quietly walked to her desk, knowing well that Gaeun was walking back to the couch. Myungsoo took one last look at the two then made sure the door was kept wide open, he flashed to Sungjong's room and knocked rapidly. 

     "Oh, hyung, hi." Sungjong yawned, the night was soon to arrive. Myungsoo walked in quickly, needing to discuss the problem without Gaeun hearing. 

     "Sorry to bother you so late." Myungsoo firstly said as he took a seat on a nearby chair. Sungjong shrugged his shoulders, lighting his candles with his eyes. 

     "If you came to ask about Yerim, I still got nothing---" 

     "Ah, it's not that. At the moment anyways." Myungsoo mumbled. "Gaeun noona's been acting strange. I think she's been compelled by the Kim's. It seems that the whole month they held her hostage, they drained out all the white herbs in her so they could compell her. Which is probably why they released her so easily." Myungsoo explained. Sungjong tapped his chin and flipped through two spell books at the same time. 

    "Makes sense." He commented then continued reading. 

     "What are you looking for?" Myungsoo knitted his eyebrows together, also looking at the books. Sungjong finally stopped on a page, frowning as he placed his index finger on it.

     "There's a spell to undo the compulsion." Sungjong said, which didn't explain why he was frowning. "But it's gonna be painful." He added and Myungsoo's face fell. 

     "Why?" He grabbed the book and tried to understand the writing but couldn't. He looked up at Sungjong helplessly. 

     "Because, this spell will undo the compulsion but by doing that, I'm going to have to return all the white herbs they've drained from her. You know how Sujin has you drink white herb everyday?" Sungjong asked. 

     "Yeah, it burns my throat like hell." Myungsoo sighed, not wanting to be reminded of earlier morning. 

     "That's what Gaeun noona will be going through, but a month's worth of it." 

And that hit Myungsoo hard. He blankly stared at the burning candle. After a long process of thinking, he finally spoke. 

     "Do it." He said plainly. 

     "Are you sure?" Sungjong asked with round eyes. 

      "If it means saving her, I'm willing to. She's been through a lot, I need to do this for her." Myungsoo said in a serious tone. Sungjong let out a deep breath as he re read the spell over and over again. 

     "Okay, we need to do it now, the moon is out, that helps me get all the power I need." Sungjong said, Myungsoo was quick to react, he got up and opened the door. 

      "I'll go get Gaeun noona. Set up a place on the floor for her to lay down on." Myungsoo instructed and the young witch did as told.

- - - - - - -

     "Gaeun noona, just come with me!" Myungsoo tried to get Gaeun to go to Sungjong's room but she wouldn't go unless Sujin also came. Sujin was confused and eventually Gaeun gave them that vampire glare. 

     "I'll go." Sujin said, eyeing Gaeun carefully, noticing her vivid smile. Myungsoo bit his lip and lead them to Sungjong's room. 

They walked in and Sungjong was seated on the floor, a bowl of white herbs next to him. Gaeun blinked at them and stood at the door suspiciously. 

But when Sujin walked in, Gaeun also stepped in. 

     "Gaeun noona, this is going to help you." Myungsoo gestured for her to go to the floor. Sujin stayed besides Myungsoo, biting her fingernails anxiously.

The elder vampire didn't hesitate at all to sit down, she looked at Sungjong and waited for whatever to happen. Myungsoo hadn't yet explained to either of them about what was going to happen to Gaeun. And Gaeun wasn't really in the state to be questioning anything. 

     "Just lay down," Sungjong gestured his hand towards the pillow, Gaeun's head slowly falling onto it. She stared up at the black cieling, it was a dark hole, and only the moon brought light to the darkess. "Close your eyes now." He told her. 

Gaeun quickly jerked her head towards Sujin, and she squinted at her. 

     "I need to know her every movement." Gaeun practically gave away what she was told to do when the Kim's released her. 

     "They've compelled her to follow Sujin's every movement." Sungjong detected just by looking into Gaeun's mind. 

     "Unni, I'm not going anywhere." Sujin knelt down next to Gaeun and Gaeun felt relieved, she rested her head back and Sujin took her hand. "See, I'm going to be next to you." Sujin told her, assuring her so Gaeun would be able to ease herself. Gaeun shut her eyes and took a deep breath.

    "I'm ready." Gaeun's mono toned voice spoke. Sungjong glanced at Myungsoo, Myungsoo shut the door, opened the blinds, revealing the bulging white moon. The moon shone on Gaeun's body, the candles around her flashed on and Sungjong began the spell. 

     "This might hurt okay Gaeun noona. You have to tolerate it." Sungjong said as he dipped his fingers in the white herb bowl, he pressed his fingers against the side of Gaeun's head and read out from the book. 

(a/n: just imagine Sungjong saying witchy voodoo stuff...)

- - - - - - -

Gaeun screamed loudly, her scream pierced through Sujin, and Gaeun's grip on Sujin's hand became much stronger. Sujin imagined the pain Gaeun was in and Sujin held on tighter, ignoring the burning feeling around her hands. Sungjong's fingers began sizzling, the sound came from the side of Gaeun's head and she shook it around, trying to shake off the white herbs. Sungjong grabbed more and more and kept repeating the spell over and over again. Gaeun couldn't open her eyes, if she did the spell would only hurt her more, so she shut them tightly and breathed heavily, groaning at the burning sensation seeping inside of her head. 

     "It hurts!! Stop!! PLEASE!!" Gaeun cried, Sujin frowned upon hearing her plead. Sujin placed her other hand on top of Gaeun's and she crouched down so her face was near Gaeun's.

     "It's okay. Hold it in. You can control it." Sujin said in the vampire's ear. Gaeun's tears streamed down her face, she wanted the horror to stop, and watching it, so did Myungsoo. 

Myungsoo couldn't even think about going through something like that, the white herb, enemy to all vampires, leaking into your brain and crawling throughout your entire body. It was painful for both Sujin and Myungsoo to witness. 

- - - - - - -

     "Is she going to be alright?" Sujin asked Myungsoo when he returned from Gaeun's room. 

Myungsoo shut Sujin's door and sat on the edge of her bed. 

     "She should be. We'll know by tomorrow, after she's had a good rest, drank plently of animal blood and the white herb isn't in her brain." Myungsoo nodded. Sujin sighed, picturing Gaeun's crying face and frowning. "Are you alright?" Myungsoo questioned, Sujin looked up at him taken back slightly. 

     "Of course, why--" 

Myungsoo scooted closer and held up her two hands, that's when she noticed the red bruise and small scratched on them. 

     "Oh." Sujin said quietly. "Yeah, this is no big deal." She shrugged and smiled, Myungsoo brought them to his lips and kissed her hands. 

    "You always know how to get vampires to calm down." Myungsoo placed Sujin's hand on his cheek, and he melted at her touch. "Like, you were made to control us." He gazed at her, her smile remained as she watched him peacefully. 

     "My mom use to calm me down when I cried.." Sujin almost laughed but she didn't. "I guess that's where I learned how to help people." 

     "No, there's something about you Sujin. You have your own mind control powers too. You're special." Myungsoo flattered her to the point where she blushed. 

And right then, the image of Taehyung popped into her head. She missed him terribly and being like this with Myungsoo made her remember the times. 

     "Thanks." Sujin slowly took her hand away from Myungsoo. "I'm going to sleep now. See you tomorrow." Sujin told him, he took the hint and immediately flashed to the door. 

    "Good night Miss Sujin." He bowed and shut the door.