Vampire Hunting

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

     Sujin woke up to Gaeun shaking the bed by her jumping on it. 

    "Jeez, why do you have so much energy in the morning?" Sujin frowned and hid under her covers. Gaeun chuckled and jumped closer to Sujin and pulled the blanket off of her, making her cold. 

     "Come on, we have a big day today, we're going out to eat, do some kind of shopping then come back home to train, and then the fun begins." Gaeun smiled evilly and Sujin squinted at her. 

     "Alright, give me thirty minutes." Sujin mumbled and crawled out of bed sluggishly. Gaeun then began making her bed and waited for Sujin. 

Even if Myungsoo left, they still needed to do what was originally planned. Make Sujin a vampire hunter, just like her parents. 

- - - - - - - 

     "Are you kidding me?" Sujin groaned. "I'm okay with training for three hours everyday but I am not okay with eating healthy." Sujin complained when Gaeun took away her fries and burgers and traded with salad. 

     "You need to keep your nice body fit, girl. I can't have you running and then slow down because of all the fat you ate today." Gaeun shrugged, ignoring Sujin's stare while she took a big bite out of her hamburger. 

Sujin sulked alone and jabbed her fork in the lettuce. 

Gaeun nodded at her with raised eyebrows, "Good good. That's how it's done, full fingers around the weapon and jab right in the center and twist." Gaeun noted, that the way Sujin stabbed the salad was also a technique on how to drive a stake through a vampires heart. Sujin just remained quiet and ate her salad. 

     "Oh, if I can't eat whatever I want, at least let me invite Taehyung over." Sujin flashed a cute smile at her, Gaeun pretended to think about it. 

     "Well..." Gaeun paused. "We could use him as a practice dummy. And he would be able to help you focus..." She put her hand on her chin and nodded, "Call." 

Sujin smiled widely and resumed eating. 

- - - - - - - 

     "What do we need to shop for anyways?" Sujin asked curiously, her eyes scanning the many clothes surrounding them. 

Gaeun walked to a certain aisle and picked out running yoga pants and held it to Sujin's waist. 

     "A girl needs to be able to be comfortable but also look hot while killing vampires." The elder smirked, pushing the pants to Sujin's grasp. 

     "You are so classic." Sujin rolled her eyes and watched as Gaeun picked other tight but comfy clothing. 

     "That will be one hundred twenty dollars." The cashier grinned at Gaeun. Sujin began to take out her wallet but Gaeun stepped in front of her. 

     "I got this." Gaeun told her and she leaned on the counter. "We don't have to pay." Gaeun practically stared into the cashier's soul, the young cashier's pupils widened and then she blinked. 

     "You don't have to pay." She repeated, her voice mono toned. 

Sujin furrowed her eyebrows when Gaeun started putting the clothes in a bag and walked out happily.

     "Bye." Sujin bowed to the mind victim and ran to catch up to Gaeun. "What was that?" Sujin asked her with a frown. 

     "I used compulsion on her." Gaeun stated non-chalantly, getting into the car. Sujin also got in, dumd founded. 

     "Why coudln't we have just paid her the money? She didn't do anything to us." 

Gaeun pursed her lips and began driving, "Aigoo, innocent Sujin. She miscalculated the total on purpose and she thought my hair was ugly." Gaeun flipped her orange curl over her shoulder and Sujin stared at her, knowing she couldn't argue back. 

     "I thought you were good." Sujin mumbled and crossed her arms. Gaeun's mouth opened and she blinked rapidly. 

     "I am good. I didn't kill that girl when I could have easily." The vampire said as if that was normal. Sujin still gave her a look. "Just understand that sometimes we have to break the rules sometimes. Plus I'm a ing vampire man, what use would it be if I didn't do that once in a while?" Gaeun smirked, causing Sujin to sigh in defeat once again. 

- - - - - - - 

Sujin changed into the yoga leggings and tank top Gaeun picked out and sighed, staring down at herself with a slightly ashamed expression. 

     "This..this is just weird." Sujin blew out her cheeks. "I feel like these pants are eating my and this tank top is hugging my s." Sujin tried stretching to help get comfortable but she still felt odd. Gaeun set up the equipment while laughing at Sujin's comment. 

    "Oh please. If many girls had your body, they'd be wearing clothes like that all the time. You look great Sujin." Gaeun said with full honesty, Sujin couldn't help but smile at the compliment. 

*Sometimes I feel like Gaeun unni is my actual sister.* Gaeun went inside to get water bottles and towels, Sujin continued stretching, she put her leg against the tree and reached up for her foot, causing her back to extend and her body to twist. 

     "Wow, you're pretty flexible." Taehyung appeared from behind her and she stumbled back, Taehyung caught her by the shouldes and grinned.

     "You scared me." Sujin blushed, getting away from his grip and she began to crack her fingers. Taehyung responded by giving her his cheesy eye smile. He looked her up and down and raised an eyebrow. "Don't ask, I didn't---" 

    "It suits you well. Really well." He smirked and both of their attentions went to Gaeun when she came out from the house. "Gaeun noona?" Taehyung blinked at her. Sujin had forgotten to explain to Taehyung about her training to be a vampire hunter and Gaeun teaching her.

     "Kim Taehyung." Gaeun said boredly as she walked to the tires. 

Taehyung turned to look at Sujin, who have him an uneasy smile. 

     "Um, I'm training to kill vampires and Gaeun unni is helping me." 

Taehyung blinked at her, he was shocked to hear this. 

     "But, you're Sujin. You can't even pull a flower from the ground, how are you going to murder a live vampire?" Taehyung asked worriedly. He was in the same position as Myungsoo. He was nervous about Sujin becoming a vampire hunter because of the wave of bad emotions she will feel. Taehyung was afraid. 

     "I can. If it means doing something good for the world, I'll do it." Sujin's facial expression showed determination but Taehyung saw past that and knew how she really felt. 

*I can't do it. I can't. Everyone thinks I'm strong so I guess I have no choice but to. But killing a vampire...that's not me.* Sujin bit on her bottom lip and she nodded to herself while Taehyung frowned. 

     "Listen to your heart, not your brain. You don't have to do this if you don't want to, Sujin." He said, empathy dripping from his voice, his eyebrows creased together and his hands reaching out for her shoulders. Sujin looked him in the eye and pursed her lips.

     "I have no choice." She whispered and soon after Gaeun came out with a wide smile on her face. 

     "Alright. The sun is setting, it's getting darker, and we are going hunting." Gaeun smirked, the two teens looking at her with round eyes. 

Sujin stepped away from Taehyung's grip and in front of Gaeun, who was packing any stakes and darts into a backpack. 

     "Wait, you mean I'm going to go kill a vampire tonight?" Sujin asked, her voice shaking slightly. Gaeun turned to look at her and Sujin tensed up. 

     "What? Scared?" Gaeun raised an eyebrow at her, intimidating Sujin each second. Sujin glanced at Taehyung, who was hoping she'd confess but she didn't waver.

     "Of course not." Sujin said mono toned and started helping Gaeun pack whilst practicing some killing techniques. 

*What the hell do I do now? Aish, Myungbutt would know.* Taehyung blew out a puff of air and watched Sujin move about.

- - - - - - - 

The trio walked in the streets, an old vampire carrying a backpack loaded with weapons to kill a vampire, a young, worried vampire watching the girl he loves every move, and the human girl with lots of feelings jumbled inside of her.

     "Yes. This is the place." Gaeun nodded her head, her orange locks sliding on her shoulders..

They were across the street from a trashy, almost run down night club for college students. There was an alley besides it filled with pot heads and drunk people. Sujin's eyes glanced at them with sympathy. 

She felt bad for them, wasting their lives away by doing drugs that will only them up even more. She snapped out of it when Gaeun handed her a long, thin, sharp wooden stake. Sujin slid it underneath her hoodie sleeve and the three of them crouched behind the car. Gaeun peeked over once again before proceeding to tell Sujin the plan. 

     "Okay, there's about five drunk people out there, and people high as the sun, meaning easy targets for vampire. Not really good taste, but they'll go after anything with a beating heart really. You go there, act like you are one of them, blend in. I guarantee you a vampire will be there to drink from those girls sitting against the wall. And that's when you do it, when he's drinking from one of them, stake him." Gaeun ended with a know it all smile, Sujin's hands rubbed against the wooden stake and she felt her heart beat getting quicker.

     "Wait. I can't just stake him--

Before Taehyung could talk to Sujin, Gaeun beat him to it.

     "Yes, you can. It doesn't matter who the vampire is, he or she is a predator, viscious and heartless. They're going after those innocent girls, I know you have a soft heart for them, so don't let the vampire hurt them. It all depends on you Sujin." Gaeun said in a motherly tone, Sujin really did not want to let Gaeun down. 

Taehyung stared at Sujin's shaking eyes. Sujin stood up and so did the other two, they looked past the cars and saw the drunk people singing a song, crying too. 

*Their lives depend on me.* Sujin said to herself. Her mind set had changed and she let out a deep breath. 

     "I'll signal you if a vampire approaches." Gaeun whispered and soon Sujin had begun her walk. Her legs feeling weak and the churning in her stomach made her confidence go down.

     "Believe in yourself, Sujin." Taehyung said but she was already on the sidewalk, walking into the alley.

When Sujin approached the pot heads, they offered her a cigarrette, and as if she was blending in, she smoked it and walked away with a nod, they smirked at her and continued doing their buisness. Against the wall were ual people going at it, Sujin avoided walking close to them. Even deeper in the dark alley now, Sujin found the drunk girls gathered up in a small circle, some of them quiet, some crying, some saying nonsense to each other. There were a few drunk guys, but already passed out on the floor, she sighed and went to hide amongst the people making out with each other. She felt awkward and nervous, yet she needed to focus. 

Sujin leaned against the cold, brick wall, her eyes looking past her bangs and hood over at Gaeun and Taehyung and they squinted at her, Gaeun giving her a thumbs up. She had only passed the first part of vampire hunting, which was hiding or stocking them from the shadows. 

The wooden stake was started to get heavier and heavier in her hand, also her hand was starting to get sweaty and her heart was loud inside her head. Everything got even more intense when Gaeun gave her the signal. She held her breath for a moment and her body tensed up. The sound of heavy footsteps was heard, clumping on the dirt and rocks. Sujin backed up even more into the wall, if it was possible.

     "Heh." It was a man vampire and his chuckle seemed content. Sujin wanted to turn her head but her mind was telling her not to. She had to keep blending in, she in the ciggarette once again and exhaled it out in the other direction of the vampire in case he saw her face. The vampire was chatting with the pot heads, chatting as in compelling them so that they would not bother while he drinks the blood of the people in the alley. 

*Don't come closer. Please.* Sujin only heard the sound of loud music and laughter. Her hand almost felt numb against the weapon and her breathing got unsteady. 

     "You got it?" The vampire squinted at the stoned young adults. They just laughed at him and spoke slurred to him. 

*No. No.* 

- - - - - - - -

     "I'm going over there." Taehyung mumbled and lifted his foot to walk but was stopped by Gaeun's hand on his shoulder. 

     "Let her handle this." Gaeun told him almost sounding as a demand. 

Taehyung looked back and squinted at her,

     "This is her first time, she's nervous. And if she screws this up the vampire will surely kill her, did you even think that through? Or do you not care?" He jerked his shoulder away from her and flashed quickly to the alley, making sure the vampire wouldn't notice. 

Taehyung guessed this vampire was only of three years vampire, he could be easily killed in five seconds by him, but he knew it was Sujin's job to do that, so with his hood covering his eyes, he walked past the vampire still talking to the pot heads, and he walked around the passed out drunk guys and saw Sujin near the people still kissing and what not. Her eyes stared at the floor and she bit onto her lip. 

Taehyung heard the vampire make a movement, and he quickly went against Sujin, his arm folded on the brick wall, right next to her head and his other hand over Sujin's mouth, she had already dropped the cigarrette. She nearly screamed when she felt someone's body pressed on hers.

     "Shhh. It's me. You're safe." His cheek touching hers as he whispered to her. Once Sujin heard his voice she felt relief she wanted to hug him, which wouldn't be so bad since they would blend as the other couples. "Talk to me." Taehyung said and he pointed to her head and she undestood what he meant. He craned his neck so that he could see her eyes, in the darkness they still sparkled like stars in the sky. 

*What if I miss?*  She furrowed her eyebrows. Taehyung shook his head. 

     "You won't." He said and his hand guided her hand carrying the stake, he moved her hand so that it was right on his heart. "It's right here." Taehyung 

watched his words in case the vampire heard and suspected something. 

Sujin looked up at Taehyung, he was so close to her, close enough to feel his abs on her nervous stomach. Her hand still remained on his chest and his eyes were still locked on hers even though she had no thoughts at the moment. 

The strange vampire growled and he began walking towards them, Taehyung heard the drunk girls hiccuping, creathing a perfect trap for the hungry vampire. The vampire stopped just in behind Taehyung's turned back. Taehyung leaned closer to Sujin, his body hugging hers and her hand had no choice but to snake around his back. Her eyes rounded at the sound of the vampire's voice.

     "Well, well, well."