Special Banquet

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

     The two of them walked deeper inside the banquet hall. It was filled with grown ups, around the ages of 20-30 with the exception of the old lady and her husband. Tables of food lined the side of the room and many tables were spread out, some filled with seated people,and other were just empty. Sujin tried finding anything to tell her what kind of banquet this was exactly. Myungsoo continued following Sujin while carrying the box. 

     "Oh, the young ones. My wife told me to look for you two." An old man with large frames grinned at Sujin. His boggled eyes looked at Myungsoo and he tensed up, Myungsoo blinked, his hands almost dropping the box. "You-you can put that box under that table." The old man had said, Myungsoo nodded and did as told. 

*I know what this place is.* Myungsoo gulped, putting the box down gently, hearing the clinking sounds one last time.

Sujin and the old man walked to a table and settled down. Sujin watched as Myungsoo stood in the corner, eyeing them. 

     "I heard your parents passed away. I'm deeply sorry for your loss." The ahjussi looked sympathetic, Sujin has recieved looks like that so often. 

     "Thank you. I'm sorry also. You guys were expecting them, and you got a seventeen year old and her body guard." She shrugged with a small smile. The old man nodded, straight faced, his eyes staring hard at her through his thick lens glasses. 

     "Are you aware of where you are?" The old man whispered, Sujin furrowed her eyebrows at him and backed up slightly. Myungsoo was about to take a step when he saw Sujin shake her head. 

     "No...am I suppose to?" She asked him. The old man stood up and pointed at her.

     "You will be surprised." And with that he left Sujin even more curious. Myungsoo quickly made his way to Sujin when the old man walked away.

     "I know this place. Or I have heard of this place." Myungsoo stared wide eyed into her eyes. Sujin tilted her head to the side. "Taehyung told me about it once, like his uncle got killed here before, something like that. All I know is, I have a bad feeling. We need to---" 

Myungsoo was interupted when a lady walked up on the stage, bright smile and waving to the seated people. 

     "After everyone gets their meal, we will talk about the main situation afterwards." She concluded, and he crowd went buzzing once again. Sujin's thoughts were rushed, as Myungsoo grabbed onto her hand. 

     "Leaving so soon?" The old lady came to them, totally calm and poised. Sujin glanced at Myungsoo then smiled. 

     "Yeah, I just remembered, I have some errands to do and----" 

      "Well, there's one more thing I would like to show you dear, your parents would want you to know." She said and right then Sujin got hooked. She became curious and her grip on Myungsoo loosened. Myungsoo stared at her wide eyed. 

*I'll be fine. Wait at the front of the door.* Sujin thought, Myungsoo didn't agree but that was what Sujin's choice was, so he made his way to the front door, eyeing the old lady pulling Sujin with her, further away from him. 

The old lady brought Sujin into a room, filled with boxed items and she suddenly remembered the file she still had underneath her jacket. 

     "Your parents, do you know what they did for a living?" The elder questioned. Sujin was shaken by her odd tone and stare. 

     "My parents were successful business owners and they did other careers here and there." Sujin answered, she watched as the old lady took a knife and began opening up the box she and Myungsoo brought. 

     "Yes. And one of their jobs, the one they work with us, do you know what it is?" The old lady was starting to get creepy and her smile was questionable. The box flaps opened and the old lady reached into the box, she pulled out a long, wooden stake causing Sujin's eyes to widened. 

*Vampire Hunters.* Sujin thought, her heart quickening with eagerness to leave. 

     "Um, you guys are widdlers?" Sujin pretended not to know but he old lady was sure Sujin was aware. 

     "You brought a vampire in here, thank you." The old lady gripped onto the wooden stake and headed for the door. Sujin ran after her with a panicked mind set.

     "Wait! No! You can't kill him. He's not a bad vampire, he's good, I promise you, he would never harm an innocent person. Please don't do this." Sujin held onto the old lady but she was pretty strong. Sujin was terrified, she had just got Myungsoo back and to have him killed would be the worst thing right now.

     "They're all evil. He brain washed you!" She frowned at Sujin and shook her head. "They all must die." 

Sujin bit her lip and couldn't do anything as the old lady marched out of the room and gathered with the other Vampire Hunters. 

*I can do this. I can save Myungsoo.* Sujin ran out also and looked around for Myungsoo, she snuck her way past everyone and was disappointed to see he wasn't at the front door. He was suppose to be waiting there for her, and Myungsoo would never leave somewhere without Sujin. She felt the feeling again, Myungsoo was in trouble. 

- - - - - - -

     "You're not even fighting back, what kind of vampire are you?" The old man furrowed his eyebrows as he tied Myungsoo up with ropes that were soaked in the special white herbs. Myungsoo clenched his jaw, the stinging from the white herbs burning his wrist made it hard to do anything. 

     "There's no use fighting back. You want to kill me then kill me, just let Miss Sujin go, she doesn't have anything to do with this." Myungsoo pleaded. The old man chuckled and walked around the room with his hands behind his back. 

     "Really? Cause I thought vampires wanted her, she has something they all want." The old man squinted out the window. "Also, I heard she'd make an excellent vampire hunter, it's perfect. We need her to be on our team. I think some gangs are after her also, then there's the reporters who want to interview her about her parents, police officers want to put her in an orphanage, wow, she is wanted everywhere, and by the looks of it, seems you want her too." 

Myungsoo glared at the old man. 

     "Miss Sujin is good. She doesn't fit into any of this. She lives how she wants so let her be." Myungsoo said, and as soon as he finished speaking, the old man threw a dart into his chest. A dart which was filled with the enemy of vampires.

     "We're so lucky to have a white herb garden." The old man grinned, he was enjoying torturing Myungsoo too much. 
The white herb began spreading into Myungsoo's veins, his insides burning like a small fire had been lit inside of him, if the dart was any higher, the white herb would be inside of his heart and Myungsoo would be dead. 

     "Why are you waiting? Just do what you must." Myungsoo coughed out. The pain was arising, the walls looked like boxes and they zoomed in and out, his vision played tricks on him and it was hard to tell where the old man was. His hands and legs began to shake and he wanted to curl up and pound at his chest. 

     "There's no fun in that." The old man rolled his eyes, taking out a wooden pencil, finely sharped. Myungsoo could hardly stare straight ahead of him, he was seeing doubles everywhere. The beast inside of him was weakening and calm. 

*I can't die now. I need to make sure Miss Sujin is safe first.* Myungsoo's thoughts were clouded but he knew what he wanted and needed to do.

- - - - - - -

Sujin exhaled sharply as she snuck around the halls, her heart beating quickly when she heard a noise close to her. She tip toed carefully and heard the crowd already shouting about Myungsoo's death. 

     "Tonight, is the night we kill a vampire after so long, we shall make this beast suffer!" A lady strongly announced, Sujin frowned and shook her head. 

*Myungsoo is no beast.* Sujin bit her lip and cocked her head, she saw a door securely shut, she held onto the pocket knife Gaeun always told her to keep. Although Sujin had no intention of killing anyone, she figured it would be a good leverage and be some kind of threat. 

Just as Sujin was going to head toward the door, a pain in her chest began burning within, she wheezed and gripped onto her neck. It was happening again. Myungsoo was having a panic attack. Sujin felt it in her lungs the most, her heart felt like it was swelling up, her stomach began twisting and turning, her neck felt stuffy and her vision became blurry as she coughed and gripped onto the walls. 

It was no time to be like this, she needed to find Myungsoo fast. The only way to save herself was to save Myungsoo too. Sujin walked to the door and saw it had a metal frame. She couldn't kick it down, then again the door was made of wood. Sujin heard Myungsoo gasping for air and she was close to tears. 

*Myungsoo, breathe, hold on. Please.* Sujin thought, even though he can't read her thoughts right now, she thought maybe thinking it would get to him somehow since the two of them are bonded in a way. 

- - - - - - -

Myungsoo's fangs appeared and he bit the inside of his gums when the old man jabbed the pencils in Myungsoo's neck. 

The pain was too over bearing and the fact he was having a panic attack didn't make it any better, he shut his eyes and breathed heavily. He focused on thoughts of Sujin and tried finding his way out and to be calm. But the old man plunged the wooden pencil deeper into his neck and Myungsoo's red eyes stared up at the cieling. 

He let out a beastly growl and the old man walked away to get more pencils. 

     "You creatures are pathetic. Easily killed with a piece of wood? Tch." He eyed Myungsoo while sharpening more pencils. There was a knock and the two cocked their heads at the sound. It came from the window. The old man stopped what he was doing and loaded a gun. 

*I can't breathe.* Myungsoo's hazy eyes stared at the window. Darkness. Pure darkness. Then another tap on the glass was heard, the old man aimed his gun at the glass window and his hands were shaking due to fear. 

     "Come out now!" He yelled, and two seconds later, the sound of glass cracking on the floor was heard. 

     "We may be easily killed by wood, but at least one shot by a gun, we don't bleed to death." Taehyung smirked and the old man shot Taehyung's arm, Taehyung lifted up his arm and laughed. "Come on, aim better, aim for my heart why don't you?" Taehyung teased with his fangs, the old man tried again but he flashed away. Taehyung was standing right behind him, his hands strangling his neck. 

     "T-taehyung...no." Myungsoo breathed out, his neck giving up on him and it dropped down while his breaths were becoming short and slow. Taehyung rolled his eyes and instead of killing the old man, he knocked the old man out and he fell to the floor unconcious. Taehyung quickly began untying Myungsoo because he heard someone at the door. But the door opened right then, and he was sort of relieved to see Sujin. Sujin had tears in her eyes and she was holding onto her neck. She ran to Myungsoo's side and gasped when she saw the pencils in him and his red wrist. 

Taehyung easily pulled out the pencils and stepped aside and let Sujin handle him. Sujin stared at Taehyung before focusing on Myungsoo, he looked away quickly

     "Myungsoo, you're okay now. Look at me." Sujin lifted his head by gripping onto his chin. Myungsoo's eyes were fighting to open but also fighting to be shut. "Breathe." Sujin told him in a steady voice even though she could hardly breathe herself. "Open your eyes and exhale." Sujin told him, Myungsoo was awoken by her voice and touch, he stared at her and did as told. He saw her wet rimmed eyes and he wanted to cry too. 

     "It always feels like I'm drowning over and over again." Myungsoo whispered, Sujin nodded her head and pulled him into a hug when she saw he was back to normal.

     "I know. I know it does." Sujin rubbed his back. 

Taehyung pursed his lips and watched them stand up. Myungsoo looked at Taehyung with a small smile. 

     "Thank you for saving me." Myungsoo told him, he shrugged and was about to exit through the window. Sujin pulled onto his shirt and he looked back at her. 

     "Can we talk?" She asked him. Inside Taehyung was glad to see her and he wanted to give her a big hug but part of him just wanted to tell her the truth already. 

     "We need to get out of here first." Myungsoo mumbled, seeing that the old man was starting to wake. 

- - - - - - -

Sujin and Taehyung sat in the car. The two of them. Taehyung in the drivers seat and Sujin in the passengers. She glanced at him and saw he wasn't looking at her, he looked as if he was avoiding her stare. 

    "Have you been avoiding me?" She asked him with sad eyes. 

*Yes.* Taehyung thought. 

     "I thought you hated me, so I wanted to give you space---" 

     "Are you kidding? I love you Taehyung." Sujin turned so her body was facing him, making it harder for Taehyung not to look at her. "I don't care, the past is the past. I would never judge you for who you are." 

*That's right, she loves me, but I wish it wasn't like this.*

Taehyung finally faced her, taking in her beauty and her sad eyes staring straight into his.

     "I'm going to go back to my parents." Taehyung told her, Sujin's eyes rounded and her jaw dropped open slightly. 

     "Taehyung, they'll kill you, you can't." She furrowed her eyebrows at him. Taehyung shook his head.

*Don't do that. Don't look at me like that, don't use that voice on me. If you do it makes it harder for me to leave.*

      "I have to, I want you to be safe, and I want things to go back to the way they were, you have Myungsoo now." Taehyung nodded at her, trying to make it seem okay but Sujin didn't want to hear the words he was saying. 

     "Why? I'm not going to let you give up---" 

      "THERE'S NO OTHER CHOICE SUJIN. If I stay with you, they'll come after both of us, it's better I just go and listen to them, the way it's always been for years. And maybe they'll let Gaeun noona go." Taehyung told her, Sujin stared at him blankly.

She was wondering why did he want to leave her all of the sudden, right when she thought she was getting everything back.

     "You're being selfish." Sujin glared at him, she unbuckled her seatbelt and obviously Taehyung wasn't going to stop her. 

     "I'm always going to protect you Sujin. Don't worry, I won't let them hurt you." Taehyung whispered, his hand touching her cheek and the tear falling down. Sujin frowned and opened the car door.

     "Call me if you're still alive." She mumbled and he chuckled. 

*Good girl, just listen to me.* 

     "That's the first thing I will do." Taehyung told her and she slammed the car door. He knew she wasn't really angry at him, she was just angry by the choice he made. And she hoped he knew she wasn't really mad at him, she just wanted him to stay with her because after the events today, he is really needed.