Face your feelings

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

     Sujin followed after Taehyung when he went to the door. He gripped onto the doorknob but did not twist it just yet, he turned his head back around and stared at Sujin's hopeful eyes. The same eyes that pleaded him to help save the dying girl. 

     "Come on, it's a good idea." Sujin tilted her head at him. 

*I can't do this. I have no idea what to say or how to do this.* Taehyung was caught up in his thoughts until Sujin was touching his shouder. 

     "No. Sujin, if I compell you to be fearless, who knows what crazy things you'll do. And that fear that you have, it's not fear, you think it is but it isn't. That feeling is guilt. You don't want that guilty feeling to stick with you after killing vampires." Taehyung told her, putting her in a quiet state. She bit her lip and squeezed his shoulder with her palm and let go, turning away from him. 

     "And what's wrong with that? I won't have to feel guilty about killing heartless vampires! What part of that is bad?" Sujin questioned frustratedly. Taehyung finally let go of the doorknob and he spun around. 

     "Because if the guilt goes away, so will your other feelings. Then you'll be just like those emotionless vampires except human. Which is two times worse because you can't get those feelings back easily. So if I compell you, there's a one hundred percent chance you'll lose yourself for good." Taehyung began getting angry, he almost yelled at her, but seeing her shutting her eyes, he knew not to add more to her. Sujin remained quiet and she sat on her bed, her eyes staring blankly at the floor. 

     "There's no other choice." Sujin whispered, Taehyung instantly was at her side. He sat down next to her and she stared at their legs touching. 

     "You can give up this vampire hunting thing and live a normal life, or you can face your feelings." He told her. "I'll help you with either one." He added. Sujin saw the orange glint in his dark brown eyes and smiled. 

*Always looking out for me.* Her thought was of course heard by him too. Taehyung wanted to say something also, but instead kissed her on the cheek. 

     "I have to go somewhere. You can tell me what you want to do tomorrow." He stood up and walked towards the door. Sujin sighed and she smiled again. 

     "Thank you for today. I don't think I would've made it through if you weren't here." Sujin sincerely spoke, creating a big smile to spread across his face. He left with a nod. 

- - - - - - - 

     "How was she?" Myungsoo asked, preparing a cup of raccoon blood for the two of them. Taehyung slouched in the chair and rested his head back. 

     "You know Sujin. She couldn't do it." Taehyung said with his lips twisted. "She was so close to killing him, but right when she heard his desperate voice, she got weak." 

Myungsoo put the two glasses of blood on the table and he sat across from Taehyung. 

The two haven't gotten along for the past twelve years, but suddenly since the funeral, they've been getting on good terms with each other because they both have the same interest. 

     "Part of me is proud of her but the other part is kind of eh." Myungsoo crossed his arms as Taehyung took a sip of his drink. 

     "Um, before you say anything, let me finish what I'm about to tell you." Taehyung said, giving Myungsoo a look. Myungsoo got tense and he leaned over the table with curious eyes. "She asked me to compell her to be fearless so that she'd be able to kill vampires without feeling guilty." Taehyung said, Myungsoo was busy over-thinking to interupt. Then he spoke since Taehyung took to long.

     "You can't do that. She's going to lose her humanity, that can't--" 

     "I know, I know. I said let me finish." Taehyung rolled his eyes at him and he closed his mouth. "I'm going to keep her from ever being compelled, because who knows she might go behind my back and ask Gaeun to do that." He frowned. 

Myungsoo shook his head. 

     "Wait. Sujin can't be compelled anyways. She's wearing that necklace, Sungjong put a spell on it, plus Sungmin puts the white herb in her tea everyday." Myungsoo said with relief in his voice, Taehyung, on the other hand was surprised he didn't know about this information. 

     "Wow. I knew the necklace was valuable but I didn't know it had that much value." 

Myungsoo nodded and they both were quiet. 

     "So,how are you getting along? Cause I know she misses you. She writes you letters everyday, do you read them?" Taehyung cocked his head at him, the vampire stood up and opened a drawer, taking out several letters. 

     "Didn't know so much could happen in two weeks." Myungsoo looked over the letters, making him miss her even more. 

     "Why don't you just stop being a and go back to her?" Taehyung squinted his eyes. Myungsoo puffed out his cheeks. 

     "Why don't you get out of my buisness?" He smirked and Taehyung made a face. "Besides, this is good. This is better. I'm alone here, so I don't have as much cravings, I don't have to hide my feelings for her since she's not with me every second. And she seems to be doing just fine with you." 

Taehyung stood up from the chair and he shook his head. 

     "Ok whatever. I mean, yes, I take care of her just fine, but I feel like something is going to go wrong." Taehyung shrugged and scratched his head. "See ya soon I guess." 

Myungsoo watched him leave and slam the door. Typical Taehyung. Always getting the last word. 

He scanned over the letters Sujin wrote him since he left. The very first one was the most painful to read.

Myungsoo, 

Why aren't you answering my phone calls? It says your phone has gone out of service, is that true? Please talk to me, I need to know you're doing okay. I know you were the one taking care of me, but we were a deal, you take care of me, I take care of you. Let me help you. As much as I hate to admit, I miss you. It gets lonely here at home, the boys are here, but your company made it feel more like home. Today was my parents funeral incase you didn't know that. It was terrible. I wanted to cry my eyes out right in front of everyone when I gave my speech. All I could think about was 'why' ? Why did they have to leave me? Everyone told me to be strong, I'm trying my hardest to but I can't be strong alone. I realized that when you left, I can't take care of myself. I'm 17 years old but here I am crying alone in my room writing a letter to someone who I don't even know misses me back. Okay. Well wherever you are, Myungsoo, I want you to know you're always welcomed back. I will wait for you to come back. 

- - - - - - -

     Myungsoo put down the letter contained with Sujin. The letter even smelled like her. The hand writing was off a little and he thought about how her hand was shaking as she cried, he knew she was crying because some of her tears were on this letter. It was the cloeset thing he had left of her. Myungsoo sighed and put the letters in a drawer. 

The house he now lived in was sort of a small cabin, not surrounded by many people, the good thing was it was close to a farm so that's what Myungsoo enjoyed. But sometimes he would lie down and stare at the white cieling and the peace just filling the room, he felt lonely. No amount of blood could fill that feeling in and he hated it. He hated not being with her. 

*Come on. Be a man and face your feelings.* Myungsoo told himself as he lay down to rest.

- - - - - - -

     "Where have you been all day?!" 

Taehyung's older brother smacked him on the head right when he entered the house. Taehyung rolled his eyes and ignored him. 

He walked up the stairs but was stopped by his cousin, who was somewhat good. 

     "We need to have a talk." He told him, Taehyung just eyed him and jutted his chin forward. 

     "About what?" Taehyung boredly asked, his cousin gave him a look and turned to go to his room. Taehyung followed him with a sigh. 

    "Shut my door." His cousin said quietly and he went the tv to block out any vampire from hearing their conversation. 

When Taehyung took a seat on his desk chair, his cousin stood with his arms crossed, a few feet from him. 

     "Tell me what's going on. And don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about, I can smell her on you." 

Taehyung's face fell and he had a flashback to when him and Sujin's bodies were smushed together earlier. 

     "You're going to tell my parents. And they will rip my heart out after wards." Taehyung's voice went mono toned. 

     "Yah. You really really think that bad of our family?" His cousin, Homin asked with furrowed eyebrows. Taehyung never really talked to his cousin much, but when he does it's usually about life or problems they're going with, so maybe he trusted him a little, but Taehyung didn't want anyone from his family to know what really was going on. 

     "I just don't want her to get hurt." Taehyung said quietly and his cousin stared at him with wide eyes. 

     "Kim Taehyung, do you have feelings?" Homin went close to him and now towered before him, Taehyung looked up and shrugged. 

     "Yes. There's nothing wrong with it either." Taehyung stood up and was ready to leave but his cousin held him back with a smirk. 

     "Dude, don't worry. No one is going to hurt her, we just want the jewel." Homin told him, Taehyung got bitter at the mention jewel. He walked past his cousin and stared hard at nothing in particular. 

     "You guys need to understand there is no way of getting the necklace off of her, unless she hands it to us herself." Taehyung reached for the door, already boiling with anger. 

Homin flashed himself so he was next to Taehyung. 

     "Then get her to give it to you." Homin told him. 

- - - - - - - 

     Sujin was already dressed in her sleeping clothes. She went to her writing desk and the small lamp, took out a pen and paper and began writing. 

To Myungsoo, 

Today, I disappointed two people. Gaeun unni and myself. I failed to kill the vampire, I had him right under my grasp. In my head, I was so sure that I could kill a vampire, but in reality I can not. I'm a weak hearted person and I hate myself for that. If I had an emotion switch like you guys do, I'd turn it off in a heartbeat. I woudn't have to worry about feeling guilty when I stake those bad vampires, I wouldn't have to care what people think of me, the pain I feel about my parents death, gone, nothing. I woudn't have to feel so worthless and empty all the time either. If you were there with me in the alley, what would you have done? I've been thinking about that all night. 'What would Myungsoo do if he was there at that moment? Would you have helped me kill him?' Would you have watched me and see what happens? I really don't know what to do anymore. It seems like I have no more options, but I have to deal with all of this. I have to find some way to keep those vampires from getting the jewel, I have to make it up to Gaeun unni, I'm still hiding from my old gang members, and I still need to figure out my feelings for you. I just don't want to get hurt anymore, and after you left, it hurt a lot, so how will I know you won't do that again? Tch. I'm speaking as if you already came back. I guess I'll know my feelings for you if you ever happen to come back. Please write or call me.

- - - - - - - 

Sujin was biting on her lip as she wrote the letter. She got better at not crying when she shouldn't. As much as she wanted to stop feelings things, she couldn't. For she was human, and human beings are stuck with all kinds of emotions. She wanted to be emotionless though, even if she couldn't be compelled to be, she wanted to forget that she had feelings. 

She believed numbing everything would be better but then again how would she handle that? 

Not being nervous when it's your turn to speak in front of the class. 

Not being afraid of walking in the woods at night. 

Feeling worthless when someone makes fun of you.

But could you imagine not feeling loved or loving anything? Something or someone you are fond of means absoulutely nothing to you anymore. That would be a terrible feeling to lose.

In Sujin's case, not feeling upset over anything. Sadness overwhelmed her and took over her life, she became a ball of grief when her parents died. And only one person came to her head when she finished writing that letter. 

*You can give up this vampire hunting thing and live a normal life, or you can face your feelings.*

Thinking that over, Sujin already knew her answer to Taehyung's options. There was no possible way she could live a normal life after all that has happened to her, even before she knew about vampires her life has never been normal, so she was going to face her feelings and stop being a wimp. She was going to try her best to be strong hearted, she wasn't going to let anyone walk over her and she defenitely wasn't going to hesitate to kill a vampire.

*I can do this.* She told herself.