Believe

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

LOOOONNGG CHAPTERRR

     Sujin and Myungsoo waited in the backyard for Gaeun to get back. Myungsoo told the men patrolling to go inside to help clean, it was a lie, but they went inside with Sujin's aid. 

Myungsoo heard footsteps from afar and heavy breathing. In the moonlight they both saw Gaeun's dark figure coming closer, she put her hand on the tall metal fence and jumped over swiftly. 

Sujin stared at her, her eyes glowed red just like Myungsoo's. 

Gaeun wiped off and threw something at Myungsoo's feet. Sujin gasped when she noticed and smelled what it was. 

It was a dead raccoon that lay motionless at Myungsoo's two feet. He looked down, seeing the sprained neck and dripping blood. His eyes glowed red, he turned to look over at Sujin, he was thinking how she'd think bad of him, but she just gave him a small nod. 

     "I won't judge." Sujin told him with her sincere tone and expression. Myungsoo bared his fangs and went to the floor, already devouring the raccoon. Gaeun went over to Sujin and sighed. 

     "Pretty weird how we live isn't it?" Gaeun asked her, Sujin stared down at Myungsoo, she could only see his back but he kept grunting and all she could hear was his growls. 

     "No. I think it's fascinating how you two live your life. It's better than how those other vampires do." Sujin said, making Gaeun feel better about herself. Myungso finally finished his meal and he stood, with his back still towards Sujin and Gaeun. 

*I don't want her to see me like this.* Myungsoo took out a small napkin and wiped his face. 

     "We'll go inside, you get cleaned up and meet is in my room when you're ready." Sujin touched the middle of his back, his spine electrifying by her touch. 

     "Okay." Myungsoo replied. *She understands me.*

- - - - - - - 

     "Not to be rude, but like you said, just curious. Why did you come back exactly?" Sujin asked, taking a seat on the couch. Gaeun sat on the other side, avoiding the moon that glowed in all it's glory. 

     "I heard that the Hans died." Gaeun shrugged, not knowing that Sujin was senstive about it. "The couple were powerful vampire hunters. They'd kill any vampire they saw, even tried killing me once." Gaeun spoke quietly. Sujin's eyes rounded and she felt herself getting dizzy with the information Gaeun had just told her.

     "My parents. They were Vampire Hunters?" Sujin whispered, hardly in audible. Gaeun looked at Sujin alarmed, Sujin's face turned red and her eyes stared at the floor. 

*Crap.* Gaeun face palmed herself.

Right then Myungsoo came in and took Sujin to the bathroom. 

She was hyperventilating and all he could do was hug her and her hair to soothe her, but her mind was elsewhere. 

     "They didn't tell me. Why didn't I know this? How could they? My dad was always, and my mom..." Sujin bit her lip, realizing she was hugging a vampire made her feel even more worse, her parents would've killed Myungsoo right that moment. 

     "Shhh. It's okay." Myungsoo hugged her tighter. 

     "That's why my dad made me go through all that training and yelled at me when I refused to. He was preparing me to...be a vampire hunter also." Sujin's eyes rounded even wider and her grip around Myungsoo had loosened. 

*No, don't think of that. Please. I'm on your side Sujin.*

     "Miss Sujin, he trained you so that you are able to protect yourself from vampires. I don't think it's in your destiny to be an actual vampire hunter." Myungsoo tried touching her but she shook her head. 

*I'm a failure. I'm a complete failure to my parents. My body guards is a vampire, there's a 75 year old vampire in my room and just a few hours ago I made a deal to help a vampire.* Sujin fell to the floor, emotionless. 

Myungsoo became deeply worried but Sujin looked up at him. 

     "I don't want to hurt you guys." Sujin said softly with an expression of misery. Myungsoo knelt down before her and brought her head into his chest. 

     "You won't. No one's hurting anyone. We're gonna be okay." Myungsoo inhaled her scent and held her as she had a moment. 

*I can't believe it. I just can't.*

- - - - - - - 

     "Sweety." Gaeun held out her arms when Sujin exited the bathroom. Sujin ran and hugged Gaeun. 

     "I can't be a vampire hunter, but my parents want me to. I don't know what to do." Sujin shut her eyes tightly, not wanting to exist at the moment. Gaeun sighed and held Sujin at arm length. 

     "Then be a vampire hunter. Make your parents proud." Gaeun told her, Myungsoo's eyes widened and he gave a look to Gaeun. "But we're good, me and Myungsoo are good. We won't hurt you. Only kill the bad vampires. Problem solved." Gaeun smiled, and Myungsoo butted in. 

     "No. Miss Sujin is not becoming a vampire hunter." Myungsoo protested. Sujin turned around and saw Myungsoo's concerned face. Gaeun rolled her eyes and brought Myungsoo outside to talk. 

     "Stop controlling her life would you?" Gaeun crossed her arms. 

Myungsoo shook his head and clenched his teeth. 

     "I'm not going to let Sujin mess up her life! She has a future, she can be someone, and a vampire hunter is not it!" Myungsoo screamed but only so Gaeun could hear. "Sujin has a big heart, unlike us, she can't just turn off her feelings! If she kills someone, that guilt will stay with her til the days she dies. She has enough problems, I don't want her to have to go through even more pain." He was disagreeing with his very much. Everything he was saying was true. 

Sujin was strong on the outside, she's probably even capable of killing a vampire, but on the inside she's weak hearted and minded, going through tough training and taking life's of creatures, she wouldn't be able to function without breaking down. 

     "These are VAMPIRES we're talking about. There's nothing good about them. They even want to kill her too, so it makes it even." Gaeun said matter of factly. Myungsoo was having many thoughts about this. It was basically half and half, Sujin could kill all the vampires and then she'll be safe and the world will be rid of the terrible creatures, but she could also get killed by doing so. 

- - - - - - -

     "I'll let you decide, and I'll go with whatever choice you make." Myungsoo said stubbornly, Gaeun pinching his shoulder to force it out of him. Sujin gave both of them a nod. 

     "I'll do it." Sujin told them plainly. 

Myungsoo, regardless of what he had just said a second ago, rounded his eyes at Sujin. 

     "You could get hurt, and killing vampires is not an easy thing Miss Sujin. You have feelings, you can't go through this." Myungsoo told her, begging with his eyes. Sujin slightly shrugged her shoulders and pursed her lips. 

    "As much as I know that's true, my parents would want this, they would want me to continue what they were doing. Who knows, the reason they could've died was because they were out killing vampires and not a car accident." Sujin's voice started getting weak. "I'm going to sleep now. Myungsoo, show Gaeun the empty room please." Sujin mumbled and she walked to her bathroom with heavy steps. 

- - - - - - - 

     "Ah, I wish things were easier for the poor child." Gaeun sighed as they walked through the halls. Myungsoo stared at the floor, agreeing. 

    "I just wish none of this invloved Miss Sujin you know? Like her parents died and now she's being given all these troubles and burdens. She's only seventeen. She should be enjoying her life, not wanting to end it." Myungsoo felt a sad pain in his heart, the feeling he felt towards Sujin everytime he saw her lost eyes. 

     "Hey, she's stronger than she looks. She'll get through this, you just need to believe in her." Gaeun said before going into her room. Myungsoo nodded as she shut the door. 

Myungsoo sighed and also went to his room. 

- - - - - - - -

Saturday Afternoon ~

After having meaningless arguing with Myungsoo, Sujin managed to finally get out of the house, with Gaeun's help. 

 (    "Stop following her like a puppy, don't you have a life?" Gaeun smirked. 

*Miss Sujin is my life.* Myungsoo thought. )

Sujin met Taehyung in the park near their school, she saw him from a far. His purple hair was hard to miss, it stood out in the sun and he was the only person in the park laying on a bench. 

Sujin stood over the bench, her head paralell to Taehyung's but upside down, he opened his eyes to see Sujin smiling down at him. 

     "Did you really think you could scare me?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow at her and sat up, Sujin pushed out her bottom lip and shrugged, taking a seat next to him. 

     "I mean---" 

    "Vampire. We have keen hearing and are able to detect even an ant crawling on the floor. Nice try though." Taehyung patted her head with his sly smirk. 

Sujin fixed her hair and looked further across them, the woods. 

     "You ready?" Sujin asked him, Taehyung sighed and leaned his body toward Sujin, balancing himself with the back of his hand behind her. 

     "The question is are you?" He asked her, Sujin nodded, taking out some papers with lots of words on them, Taehyung took slight interest. 

     "I did research on all kinds of animals, which ones are easier to catch, which ones are most delicious, with the help of Myungsoo of course. And also I saw him kind of eating a raccoon yesterday, so I think I'll be okay. And Gaeun unni gave me some tips on how to control you, so I'm ready." Sujin handed him the notes she wrote down from asking Myungsoo questions. 

He stared at the notes with plain eyes, but on the inside his cold little heart began to pulse , not with hunger but with a feeling of being touched by an act of caring. Sujin cared about him, which made him feel some way. 

     "You really are weird." Taehyung handed her back the notes and stood up. 

      Later when they were in the woods, Taehyung could already hear the animals. Birds, rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels, raccoons, deer etc. 

Taehyung set his eyes on a deer, just across the lake, he his lips and his eyes slowly turned orange. Sujin stopped him before he could move. 

     "Deers are the hardest to catch, though they are loaded with blood, they're agile and since they're big, it's hard to hold them down. You should go for something small first---" 

Taehyung had already ran off, he sped around the lake, only on the edge of the rocks, so close to falling in the water, the deer heard the snapping of a stick and ran off into the other side of the woods. 

     "TOLD YOU!" Sujin yelled, Taehyung let out a grunt and flashed back to where Sujin was. "You'll listen to me now right?" She asked, giving him a playful eye smile. Taehyung couldn't help but grin. 

      "Sure." Taehyung sighed, and Sujin looked around the woods. 

     "Good, because in order to make this work, you need to be able to hear and listen to me, I will be your thoughts so you're able to control yourself, so and so." Sujin told him, Taehyung just nodded at her, he was listening very closely. 

      "Okay, so what should I go for, cause I'm really hungry." Taehyung's fangs poked his lip, and Sujin went close to him. 

      "Take this." Sujin placed a pill in his mouth, "It'll atleast control you for the time being, so while you hunt you won't go total maniac." Sujin said, the two of them were interupted by a rustle from a close bush. "Perfect, a rabbit. Rabbits are fast, but if you are sneaky and patient enough, you'll be able to catch it. 

The rustle was suddenly closer and louder, Taehyung and Sujin were silent, making eye contact, Sujin gave him an encouraging nod, Taehyung's eyes turned, he had no expression, his instinct taking over him, he dashed over to the bush, standing on a small rock, the rabbit only inches away from him, he looked over at Sujin, she put out her two hands, signaling him to slow himself. 

Taehyung carefully crouched down, his eyes locked on the gray creature, all he could hear as it's little nibbles on the berries and it's beating heart that will stop soon. With one swift movement he snatched up the bunny with his two hands, cracked it's neck, and there, in his hands was a lifeless dinner. 

     "You did it!" Sujin yelled and Taehyung dropped the rabbit and the two rejoiced to hug. 

Just last week, even sitting next to her, made Taehyung want to bite onto her neck and drink from her, but now, he felt a little change, that craving for her was slowly becoming bearable, he only enjoyed the feel of her body against his, and the smell of her hair, nothing more. 

     "I just have to control the hunger now right?" Taehyung asked her, walking back to pick up the bunny, Sujin nodded with a wide smile. 

     "The key is to take little sips, don't it all up at once, you need to let the blood digest properly, it'll trick your brain into thinking you've consumed enough." Sujin told him, watching his fangs come out, his eyes change to the sunset colors. 

*I believe in you Taehyung.* Sujin thought. And Taehyung heard it, he was so happy at that, he actually thought, he could control himself. 

Taehyung sank his teeth into the rabbits motionless body, the blood gathering up in his mouth, Sujin watched while biting her lip. 

     "Taehyung, you need to take a break, Taehyung!" Sujin ran over, touching his shoulder, Taehyung stopped and hissed at her but came into realization when he met her worried eyes. He stopped and gulped the remaining blood in his throat, his eyes changed to his original shade of dark brown and black.

     "Sorry." He mumbled and cowardly looked away from her. 

      "I'm not afraid of you, so you don't need to be sorry or hide yourself." Sujin told him, she lifted his arm, bringing the rabbit to his mouth again, Taehyung's eyes glinted with amber and he drank more from the rabbit. 

- - - - - - - 

The sky began to change it's color. After running around here and there, taking pills, Taehyung was getting better and better at hunting. 

     "I feel so much more in control now." Taehyung grinned. 

The two were sitting on the branch of a 6 foot tall tree. Sujin nudged him softly with her shoulder and a sly smile on her face. 

     "Isn't this better than luring innocent people, drinking from their alive bodies while they scream, and then erasing their memory completely?" Sujin asked, turning her head to meet his round eyes. He was already staring at her. 

Like she had said, in order to be helped, he needed to listen to her. He was determined to make her voice the only voice he listened and could hear. 

     "I guess." Taehyung shrugged. "I don't have enough strength, but I suppose it works." Taehyung told her. 

Sujin clapped her hands. 

     "I think there is a way to have enough strength you need, even whilst drinking animal blood." Sujin said excitedly, Taehyung curiously stared at her. "I haven't done research yet, Myungsoo didn't mention anything though, other wise he would've told me, but anyways, I'll ask Sungjong and read more of his books and I'll tell you okay?" Sujin smiled, Taehyung held out his pinky. Sujin hooked her small pinky around his and they laughed. 

There was more rustling, down below. The sky was getting darker and it was harder to see, Taehyung tried using his nose, but the wind was messing with his sense. 

      "Wait here." Taehyung grew suspcicious, and he jumped down from the tree branch. Sujin was somewhat tense, she counted on Taehyung to handle it and come back safely. 

- - - - - - - 

Taehyung looked deeper into the bushes, it was just under ground animals going in for the night. 

He walked his way back to the tree with a grin. 

     "It was just some---" 

     "TAEHYUNG!!" 

Taehyung instantly recognized that voice as Sujin's, at first her scream was clear, but then it went into a muffle and he knew something was up. He saw her necklace on the floor, it twinkled on the dirt. 

*The jewel...*