Just a Princess and her servant

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

 

     Sujin was staring into Myungsoo's eyes, intensely, she was trying to think about what he had just told her. It all made sense to her suddenly, she looked away from his deep gaze and out at the white moon. 

     "My mom..." Sujin whispered. Myungsoo tensed up, wondering what she was going to say. "She once told me about vampires when I was little, but it's kind of a blur right now. Vampires." Sujin whispered, the word coming from made Myungsoo hope that she would understand. 

     "I know it's hard to believe and this is weird, but it's what we're protecting you most from Miss Sujin." Myungsoo told her, his hand slowly touching hers. 

If he wasn't so focused on controlling the beast in him, he would've noticed Sujin's grip on his hand got tighter. 

     "I'm sorry then. I apologize, to everyone. You guys are all trying to keep me safe and I ignored it. Thank you Myungsoo." Sujin said with glistening eyes. 

A part of Myungsoo was apologizing to Sujin herself, he was practically lying right in her face, when he should be telling her about himself also. But no, he backed down from the oppurtunity and took his pill. 

     "It's okay Miss Sujin. Don't ever be sorry towards me." Myungsoo said with a small smile, making her feel slightly better. Sujin sighed and let go of Myungsoo's hand. 

     "So why does Offcer Kim want my mom's necklace?" Sujin asked, her hand softly touching her neck, Myungsoo watched as she did so, his eyes were slowly changing red and his body heated up at the sight. Myungsoo heard a knock at the door and like a flash, he appeared at the door, opening it. 

     "Sungjong oppa? What are you doing here?" Sujin asked him, Myungsoo looked at Sujin with his hands behind his back while Sungjong came closer to Sujin. 

     "He can tell you why the vampires are after your necklace." Myungsoo announced before closing the door shut. Sungjong smirked and shook his head as he walked towards Sujin. 

     "Don't mind him." Sungjong told her with a grin, Sujin shrugged her shoulders.

     "I never do." She pursed her lips and crossed her arms. "So, why? Why are they after this necklace?" Sujin asked Sungjong with a confused stare. 

Sungjong eyed her and went to take a seat on her bed. He patted the space next to her and watched Sujin stare at him weirdly. Sujin eventually got his signal and went to sit besides him. 

     "That necklace is a very important artifact, it's been wanted eversince the 1800's." Sungjong told her, her eyes widened as fell slightly. 

*Mom's necklace is that old?* Sujin thought.

     "Wait, is this even my mom's? Tell me more, this is still confusing." Sujin scratched her head and Sungjong laughed at her. 

      "So, this necklace has the power to bring back a very powerful vampire. But witches, like myself, have all been told that it can't happen, the necklace is a very powerful, the vampires want their leader to be alive, and who knows what he'll do, to you espcially." Sungjong told her, Sujin saw that his face was as serious as Myungsoo's. Sujin bit down on her lip and couldn't believe the news she was being told. 

     "Wait, why to me? What would the great vampire want from me?" Sujin asked Sungjong with her eyebrows knitted together. Sungjong took the necklace off of Sujin slowly with a sigh. 

     "That's what I want to know also. Apparently from books I've read passed down in my family, your ancestors have something to do with vampires, and also your mom played a big role in this war too, but she was killed, and there are some suspicions that it wasn't just a car accident." Sungjong's tone had dropped because the conversation had switched to the death of her parents. Sujin's expression changed and her eyes drooped to the floor. 

     "I thought so too." Sujin then looked up at the cieling to prevent tears from falling. "I'm going to find out how my parents died." Sujin told Sungjong. 

     "I'll help you if you ever need some answers." Sungjong's eyes then twinkled and there was a strong gust of wind around the room. "Or some magic." Sungjong said. 

In that moment, there was wind blowing all around the two, like a force field circle of some sort, Sungjong manuevered his hands around the pearl necklace. Sujin watched him partly amazed and slightly curious. 

     "What are you doing to my necklace?" Sujin's voice spoke over the ruffling sounds and bed shaking. 

     "I'm putting a spell on it, so that when a vampire touches it, it'll hurt them, so only you're the one who is able to control the necklace and it's powers. We trust you to protect it Sujin. Your mom would want you to." Sungjong said, and once he went silent, the room froze for a minute, the necklace froze in mid air and Sujin watched as her pearl necklace sparked with flames and ignited and there were small shocks in it. It was like a small firework show right before her eyes.

*This is amazing.* Sujin's eyes reflected and also sparkled as she stared at the necklace. Soon, the room stopped spinning, there was no wind hitting Sujin's face. The necklace fell onto her bed covers, one last spark did the trick and Sungjong held it to her with a smile. 

Sujin took it in her hands and the image of her mom came up in her mind. "Thanks. I will." Sujin nodded at him. 

- - - - - - -

     Sujin was still on her bed when Myungsoo came in her room with hot chocolate and a small piece of cake on a tray. The sight of him brought a smile to Sujin's lips. 

     "Wow, look at you being all nice." Sujin crossed her arms and smirked at him, Myungsoo stared at he with a smug grin, and set the tray on her bed gently. He took a seat in front of her and watched her fondle with the necklace. He stared at her expression for a while, since she was completely unaware it was even nicer to stare at her. 

     "So, how are you handling all this?" Myungsoo asked her with a concerned expression, Sujin looked up from the necklace and her eyesmile said it all.

     "I'm fine." She nodded her head at him. "I mean it's a little shocking, but this is life, and I think...somehow, my mom and dad have been preparing me for this." Sujin said unsure as she finally unhooked the necklace. 

     "How so?" He asked her curiously. 

Sujin shrugged with a simple half smile. "Well, they always told me to put myself in other people's shoes and think before judging them, also they put me in self defense classes and in soccer to help me run faster...It seems like ever since they've died, I have to solve this puzzle you know." Sujin told him. "But don't worry, I can handle this. Trust me." Sujin told him, nodding once again and taking a bite of the cake. She stared at the cake and noticed it was strawberry. Her favorite. 

Which Myungsoo knew. There were a lot of things Myungsoo knew about Sujin already, even before they met, he knew things. 

There was a silence between them, Sujin still staring at the necklace and Myungsoo staring at Sujin. Sujin's head lifted up, when her and Myungsoo made eye contact, he tilted his head at her. 

     "Can you help me put this back on?" Sujin asked him. Myungsoo tensed up, for obvious reasons of course, but they weren't obvious to Sujin. She looked at him with her round, innocent doe eyes. 

Myungsoo hesitated to touch the necklace. 

Myungsoo's Pov ;

If I touch the necklace it'll burn my fingers, and Sujin will wonder why, then I'd have to come clean to her. 

I can't. Not now. Maybe not ever. 

     "N-no. I can't. I believe you are capable of putting it on yourself." I told her. 

Gosh, I probably came out too casual, and she'll think I was being a . Damn it. I looked at her reaction and saw the little hurt in her eyes, she was taken back a little and I felt truly sorry. 

     "Why not? You're my body guard after all, don't you want to help your princess?" Sujin leaned closer and dangled the necklace right before my eyes. 

As much as I want to help you with anything, even the littlest things, I can not. The bed was shaky and my reflex made my hand move to the cup of hot chocolate, which was right behind Sujin. She looked at me again with her doe like eyes, this time she was blushing. 

I could even feel her body heat through my school uniform sleeve and her blouse. It was begginning to get awkward as we both stared in each others eyes. And now the other thing about her that drove me crazy. Her scent. I could sometimes just smell her lovely, rosy, flowery smell, but then other unconvienent times, I could smell her blood, and hear it pumping and her breath right in front of my face. 

Was she tempting me on purpose?

I could feel heat surrounding my heart and my veins pumped faster, before my eyes could change color I swiftly got off her bed, holding the hot chocolate in my hands. She knitted her eyebrows at me and I read her mind. 

*Did I do something wrong?* Sujin thought, she got up from the bed and I turned away from her.

Maybe she saw my eyes. Crap. 

     "Myungsoo...are you okay?" Sujin asked me. No I'm not okay. You make me crazy. I can't be around you without wanting to put my lips on your neck. Everything about you Sujin is not okay. 

     "Yes, why do you ask?" I lied and smiled at her, thank god she can't read my mind. 

     "I mean it doesn't mean anything to me either, but why do you always do that? You act weird when I'm all close to you? Don't take me wrong, I'm not offended but I don't know..." Sujin brushed her beautiful hair to show her beautiful eyes. Gosh, please stop. 

I read her mind again to understand what she was thinking. 

*I'm not usually around guys so he's making me think that all guys find me unattractive or like there's something wrong with me.*

Oh my dearest Sujin. You've got it all wrong. I want to be next to you, every second of the day, but because of who, and what I am, that can't be. I might hurt you or scare you, and that's the last thing I ever want to do to you. I stared into her eyes, emotionlessly as I spoke.

     "You're my Boss's grand daughter, I am nothing than merely a servant who follows your every word or action, I don't want you or anyone else to think it's further than that. You're an amazing girl so I wouldn't want any other guy to not notice that. You understand? Just a princess and her servant." I said as I bowed my head. 

End Of Pov

*Just a princess and her servant?* Sujin furrowed her eyebrows. Myungsoo set down her hot chocolate on her dresser near her door and headed towards the door, but Sujin spoke up. "Then why did you kiss my forehead? Yesterday.." Sujin was at first bold, but when when she thought about it again she got shy and blushy. 

*She remembers a lot.* Myungsoo thought, giving Sujin an questionable gaze. Myungsoo walked towards her, Sujin stepped back feeling nervous. 

     "You don't understand how much you tempt me. Please stop, let me do my job Sujin. Just let me protect you and don't get close to me, that'll make things a lot easier for me." Myungsoo cocked his head at her sideways, Sujin's nervous expression changed to a scowl as she crossed her arms.

     "Sorry for trying to be your friend!" Sujin yelled angrily. She pursed her lips and Myungsoo had on a poker face so it was hard to tell what he was thinking. Sujin bit her lip and walked in her bathroom, leaving Myungsoo speechless. 

He walked out of her room and slid down on the floor. Feeling frustrated, Myungsoo's eyes changed to that deep, firey red. He thought about Sujin while fishing out a pill from his jacket pocket.

*It's not that I don't want to get close to you!* Myungsoo wanted to scream. *It's cause I don't want you to know what kind of monster I am, I don't want you to think differently of me and then be afraid, I don't want to take the risk that if we're close, I might hurt you, physically or mentally. I just can't Miss Sujin. I guess the only relationship we should have is servant and princess.*

 

A/N: Woowwww seven chapters already. YaY. If you see this thanks for subscribing to my story, you are very awesome \(^o^)/