The truth

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

In the woods, Taehyung found Myungsoo, hunting of course, did they plan to meet up, no, but both knew they'd run into each other somehow.

     "I'm going to tell her Myungsoo." Taehyung stared out in the darkness. Myungsoo's eyebrows creased together and he leaned back against a tree. 

     "W-what?" He was hardly having any reaction. 

Taehyung turned so that he was facing Myungsoo. 

     "I'm going to tell her how her parents died." He didn't want to say this either, but Sujin deserves to know. 

Myungsoo dropped his head and he breathed in and breathed out slowly. 

     "You're going to risk that? She'll hate us forever you know." Myungsoo squinted at him, Taehyung's eyes glowed and he shrugged. 

     "She'll find out eventually, so there's no use trying to hide." 

The two looked up at the bright moon, shining and taking in their souls, Myungsoo blinked away the red glow in his eyes and balled his fist together. 

     "Maybe you're right. Maybe it's better for Miss Sujin to hate us, that way she'll have a vampire free life, aside from Gaeun of course." Myungsoo sighed, Taehyung gave him a silent look, Myungsoo cocked his head at him. "What?" He raised a brow, Taehyung just pursed his lips together and dug out something from his pocket.

     "She told me to drop it off at the post office, but why not give it to you personally?" Taehyung handed Myungsoo the weekly letter Sujin always sends him. "We're going to be gone for a day, and I'm going to tell her everything at the end of it." 

Myungsoo felt like his throat was closing up on him again, until Taehyung patted his shoulder, Myungsoo could grasp everything. 

     "Okay." He said and Taehyung left in the darkness.

He went back to his little house and sat on the edge of his bed. Looking at the letter, he was wondering what things she wrote about. 

Kim Myungsoo.

You. I know you were there. Right before I out, I'm sure it was you who saved me. Thank you. I want to thank you a lot because this isn't the first time you've saved my life or that I've been thankful towards you. I just wish that you came back to stay. Right when I woke up from my sleep, I had this terrible head ache and I went down stairs only to find the Han guards dead and badly injured. Of course I cried. That's what I do. Cry. Because there's nothing else I can do but feel bad. Ever since my parents died, I feel like everyone is just leaving me now. People are dying, people I care for, they're just dying. There's a certain sadness that comes to me, grief. It consumes me and I just feel it inside my chest, it makes me want to scream and run away. Is that what you felt? Grief? Is that why you ran away? Something in your mind told you it's better to run away than to face your problems. Well that's not it. You need to come back and be a man. I need you. Gaeun is missing. I know Kim Myungsoo. I know the real him and he would never want anyone he cares about to get hurt, so please come back and help me get through this.

Myungsoo blinked with a sigh and he gripped onto the letter tighter. 

*They have Gaeun noona.* Reading this letter made him realize how much Sujin really did need him and it made him feel good. Despite the fact that he's a vampire, she still wants him around and him and Sujin are smiliar is many ways. But one thing he was unsure of was, Taehyung. How jealous would he be to see them flirtsy and what not right in his face. It was something he'd have to get over since Taehyung's the one she chose and he only has himself to blame.

Because Myungsoo decided leaving would be the more manlier and brave thing to do, but looking at it, it's only cowardice and he lost something. He lost the oppurtunity to make Sujin fall for him. Instead he let Taehyung walk right into the door and steal her away from him. So now, Myungsoo was sure he wanted to go back home, even if she won't return his feelings. 

- - - - - - -

     "Okay, tank is full, we've gone to the bathroom, we have endless snacks, I'm fed up with animal blood and we have tons of energy! This roadtrip is going to be fun." Taehyung smiled, his hands holding onto the steering wheel. 

They exited the gas station and were on the road. Sujin wasn't sure where they were going exactly, but she didn't care really. For she was with Taehyung, and also it was just nice to be leaving her problems behind for a day. She turned her head and smiled at Taehyung driving, looking at him made her heart race fast. 

     "Tell me a story." Sujin requested and Taehyung twisted his lips while thinking. 

     "Um, I'll tell you a really bad story of how I asked this one girl to the dance." Taehyung told her and Sujin nodded her head, she stared out the window, wide open view, no houses, just empty space and nature. 

     "I'm listening." Sujin mumbled, still taking in the scenery. Taehyung laughed before starting. 

     "Okay, so Kim Taehyung was a 12 year old human boy. He was like any other pre teen, short, stupid and not so smooth with the ladies. There was a middle school dance for Christmas and he really wanted to ask this one girl. Whose name I really can't remember." Taehyung paused and Sujin let out a small laugh. "Anyways, she was everyone's crush cause she was so pretty and fun. I wanted to ask her first so I made all my friends keep boys away from her. And how I asked her was really lame. I thought it was unique at first but it just did not end well." Taehyung sighed to himself.

Sujin whipped her head over at him and tilted her head. 

     "What happened?" Her eyes rounded with curiousity. 

     "So, we were outside, walking home from school, I was walking behind her with my special friend, Myungsoo. And I had to act fast because someone was running up to her, so I picked up a pile of snow, rolled it into a ball and threw it at her head. Of course that got her attention, but now how I planned." Taehyung didn't want to continue his embarrassing fail. Sujin poked him until he went on. "She pushed my head in the snow and called me a loser." He murmured, Sujin bursted out laughing. 

     "Wow, Mr Kim Taehyung,  high school's ladies killer got rejected like that in middle school?!" Sujin grinned while Taehyung rolled his eyes. 

     "Who said I'm a ladies killer? Yes I use to literally kill ladies but I'm not a flirt." He objected and Sujin raised an eyebrow at him. 

     "Oh please, you know a lot of girls adore you, don't act like you don't notice." She saw him smirk and the car came to a red light.

     "Well maybe it's because I'm too busy noticing a girl I adore." He said calmly and looked at Sujin sweetly, she couldn't help but blush.

Sujin shook her head and looked out the window while they continued driving on. 

- - - - - -

It was already forty minutes in their road trip. They had played any game possible. Ispy was the one that caused them the most laughter, now they were quietly enjoying the peace. 

     "We'll be there in five minutes." Taehyung told her, she shut her eyes and nodded. 

Once the car came to a stop, Sujin opened her eyes. In front of them was a great big, tropical forest. 

     "Ever been to a tropical forest?" He raised an eyebrow while getting a backpack out of his trunk. Sujin stared at the tall trees and shook her head. 

It smelled like nature. To be detailed, it smelled like freshly cut grass and misty water filled the air, Sujin breathed it in and smiled. 

     "What are we doing here?" She asked him, Taehyung nodded his head to a path she didn't see before. 

     "This place is a great place to get your mind off of things. It's a tourist attraction." 

Sujin followed Taehyung and he continued talking while leading the way. 

     "There are trees that are really easy to climb and you can see a great view from them, also they're are harmless animals everywhere." Taehyung flashed a grin and Sujin saw his fangs peep out. She hit him and he laughed. 

    "We are not hunting animals today!" She told him, he sighed and swung his arm over her shoulder, pulling her closer to him. 

    "I know. It's just us today." He told her. 

They were deeper into the forest and Sujin could understand why this place attracted tourist, everything looked like it belonged in a painting. And the green colors everywhere made her feel calm and relaxed. Taehyung saw her finally at ease and he grinned. 

    "Want to climb a tree?" He asked Sujin, her eyes spotted a tree with thick branches. 

     "Yeah, that one." Sujin pointed, her feet moving towards it. 

She touched the bark and it was surprisingly smooth. 

     "Let's take a short cut." Taehyung winked and took her hand, but Sujin released his hand. 

     "No, that's no fun." Sujin told him and began climbing and pulling herself up from the branches and limbs. 

Taehyung watched her reach the top, he folded his arms and saw her stop at the highest branch. 

     "Come on." She smiled down at him, he rolled his eyes and flashed up to the branch she was sitting on. Sujin gave him a small look and he gave her a cheesy grin. 

     "What?" He asked, she just stared at him more. 

     "I think the main part about getting there is the journey. You can take short cuts but for humans, it's not easy, so I want to experience every climb life has for me." She told him, Taehyung's expression softened as he stared at her. 

*You're right. It's all about the journey.*

     "Hey, look." Taehyung looked out at the view and so did Sujin. 

She guessed they were about 20 ft from the ground, although the ground looked close, she felt as if they were high up, the sky seemed so close and the other trees were right besides them.

When she looked down, the path looked like a line and the big boulders looked like pebbles.

     "This is incredible." Sujin whispered. Taehyung scooted closer to her and put his arm around her shoulder again. 

     "And the fact that I'm with you makes it even more incredible." 

Sujin blushed and let out a deep breath. 

     "I never realized how much you meant to me til now." Taehyung's eyes rounded at Sujin's words. 

     "You like me now?" He asked with a large smile. Sujin turned so she was facing him and she smiled too. 

     "I've liked you since a long time ago. It's just there was so much going on I never had time to think about it. But now I'm sure of my feelings." Sujin paused with a small smile. "I love you." She said finally. Taehyung was shocked for a minute, staring into her eyes, he knew she wasn't lying. 

     "Are you sure?" He raised an eyebrow at her and she carefully hugged him incase they fell.

     "I'm sure." Sujin whispered and Taehyung felt her warm breath on his neck. 

*I just want to know, will you love me after knowing everything I've done? Will you still love me even though I make the stupidest mistakes?* 

- - - - - - 

They flashed to the mountains and were now at the peak, it being a tropical forest,the weather wasn't that bad. They sat on the flattest mount of grass and saw the sky was getting dark, the sun slowly setting. 

Sujin was contented and she was enjoying the time they were having, but the trip was coming to an end and he needed to tell her the truth. 

      "My dad always hiked mountains on his free time." Sujin suddenly brought up. "I never understood why he wasted time doing that, but now I kind of get it. He likes the journey and then enjoying he view. The feeling of reaching the top makes you feel complete." She said, Taehyung was all ears and he got tense slightly. "I wish I had gone hiking with him, at least once." Sujin's voice began getting more quiet and she blankly stared at the sky. 

Taehyung couldn't take it anymore, the guilt, he had to tell her. 

     "Sujin." Taehyung unattached himself from Sujin and sat in front of her on his knees. Sujin looked at him with round eyes. "I'm going to tell you something I've always been wanting to tell you. And you have to listen to it all the way okay?" Taehyung said, she nodded her head cluelessly.

     "What is it?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows, Taehyung took a deep breath and looked into her eyes.

     "On the night of your parents death, I was there...and so was Myungsoo." He slowly said and paused to see her reaction, she just stared at him. "My parents had compelled me to do whatever I can to find the necklace, so my body had a mind of it's own. When I saw that your parents were driving, I stepped out in the street and attacked their car..." Taehyung didn't want to continue anymore, he saw everything fall out of Sujin's eyes and could tell she was hurt. 

     "W-what?" Her voice trembled and he grabbed onto her shoulders.

     "I just saw it and had to get my hands on it. Myungsoo appeared from out of the woods and he saw me. This was the same day he had ran away from my house, so he was fed up with a lot of human blood. He then attacked me and I heard your mom scream, and the need to get the necklace got stronger and I went vampire on them, trying to break the glass and reach for the necklace. Myungsoo managed to tackle me on the ground and I guess he had no other thoughts, so he pushed the car with his strength to get it away from me, and that's when the car had crashed. He held me off until the cops showed up and we both disappeared." 

All while Taehyung was telling her, she was tearing up and her shoulders were shaking. Taehyung didn't know what to do, so he released Sujin's shoulders and waited for her to speak. 

*Oh my god. So that's what happened...oh my god.* Sujin gasped and shook her head. 

     "Wow." Was all she could say.

     "I'm sorry, Sujin. Sincerely, honestly, I wasn't thinking and my parents controlled me, I didn't know what I was doing. If I had known that was your parents, I would've never done it. And it's not Myungsoo's fault, blame me. I'm a terrible person and I apologize for my stupid actions." Taehyung's tone went down too and Sujin couldn't look him in the eye. 

     "I need to go." Sujin stood up quickly and began waking down the mountain. 

      "I'll help you get down quicker---" 

      "No! I can walk." Sujin yelled, and her eyes widened when she realized that. "I'm sorry. I can walk--I'm fine." She mumbled and gripped onto her head and walked alone on the path.

- - - - - - -

     "We just got home. I told her. Everything that happened, my part and your part." Taehyung spoke on the phone with Myungsoo while he watched Sujin quickly run into the house. Taehyung hit his car and breathed heavily. 

*She hates me.* 

     "Really? What did she say?" Myungsoo was dying to know, then a part of him didn't want to know.

     "She didn't say much, but I can tell, this is hard for her." Taehyung frowned and he saw the lights in her room flicker on and off. "I'm gonna go." Taehyung whispered and he disappeared into the darkness.

- - - - - - 

Sujin paced around her room, holding onto her head, breathing in and out, tears unknowingly fell down her cheeks. 

     "They...they killed her?" She asked no one. "Myungsoo and Taehyung...they--NO. NO!" Sujin screamed, she fell to the floor and pounded on the ground. 

*No.* Sujin kept thinking.

She didn't want to believe the truth.