Start over.

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

      "And that was Myungsoo, ah, look how handsome he is." Leetuek embarrassed Myungsoo, whom shook his head as he walked off the stage with his hands in his pockets. Sujin smiled unknowingly, she didn't know much about Myungsoo and that made her think a lot, she was always avoiding him and mad at him for silly reasons, and she didn't even know him enough to be mad at him. 

Myungsoo arrived at the table and took a seat. The boys made comments and told him he did good, he nodded and thanked them humbly. Sujin was still dazing about what she should say or do. 

     "Han Jewel, next time you should go up there and do something!" N (vixx) said before Sujin exited the ballroom. She was walking upstairs with Myungsoo, it was just the two of them on the stairs and awkward silence filled the entire mansion. Sujin bit her lip and eyed Myungsoo from the corner of her eye. 

Myungsoo walked with his hands behind his back and it was hard to tell what he was thinking because his expression was calm. 

The two of them arrived at Sujin's door, Myungsoo opened it for her without a word, waiting for her to enter. Sujin's heavy steps made her way inside her room, before Myungsoo closed it she peeked her head out and he stared at her with round eyes. 

     "Can we talk...? For a moment...I mean if you don't want to though it's okay, it's just that today I..." 

     "It would be a pleasure Miss Sujin." Myungsoo grinned and went inside, Sujin shut the door and she tapped her fingers on the sides of her legs. 

*You can do this.* Sujin told herself. Sujin gestured for them to take a seat on the couch, Myungsoo and her sat down, still in silence. 

Sujin swallowed every ounce of courage she had and spoke up. It was hard for her to open up to people actually, which was why she was so surprised when she told Taehyung all those stuff. She figured since Myungsoo was her caretaker, she could learn to tell him things and trust him.

     "I'm sorry. Don't say anything for now, just listen." Sujin told him, knowing he'd tell her not to be sorry. "These past few days I've been here, I've been so confused and still trying to figure out what the hell happened to my parents, so I'm lost right now. Therefore I'm sorry that I'm not treating you like I normally would treat people. I just wanted to try and be independant because I'm all I have left in this world. But there are people telling me, I'm not alone. I have you, and the other guys, and grandpa, so I guess I'm not completely alone, but it'd help if I knew what you were thinking or at least get to know you so we aren't complete strangers." Sujin paused and saw Myungsoo nod. "And you're probably going to say we're not in that position to do that stuff, but please, it's what I need to feel not alone again, I need someone to talk to and I need to know I'm going to be safe with you. Otherwise I'm always going to be running away from you." Sujin let out everything she's been wanting to say and that made her feel relief. 

*I can't trust myself..with you...* Myungsoo thought while looking into her eyes. "Okay. If this means you won't run away from me and you're going to be safe, it's fine with me. If you need a friend, I'll be that for you. I'll be here whenever you need me, count on me Miss Sujin." Myungsoo smiled which showed his dimple, Sujin tapped her fingers on her hands again and smiled. 

     "Um, you play guitar huh?" Sujin tried pushing away the awkwardness and filling it with friendly casuality. 

     "Yes, with a life like mine, I need a hobby, so guitar makes me feel at ease and it turned into a talent." Myungsoo said, looking out at the window, he then jumped. The moon greeted him, his eyes turning the blood red, he looked away, hoping Sujin wouldn't notice. 

     "That's cool, you're really good at it. I wish I had a talent." Sujin pursed her lips, noticing Myungsoo looking away and rubbing his eye she spoke up. "Sorry, you must be tired. You better go get some sleep then." Sujin told him. 

*Focus. Focus Kim Myungsoo. Breathe.*  Once Myungsoo's eyes changed back to normal he stood up and bowed. 

     "It was an honor speaking to you Miss Sujin." Myungsoo said, Sujin chuckled. 

*Still treating me like I'm royalty.* Sujin shook her head and watched as Myungsoo walked out of her room and closed the door softly. She exhaled with a contented smile. 

- - - - - - - 

Next Morning 

    Sujin was already up and changed. She found Hyuk and Sungjae in the kitchen attempting to make pancakes. 

     "Ah, Noona. Hi." Sungjae waved awkwardly while holding the spatula which had burnt batter on it. Sujin grinned and went to take a look at their pan, just brown and black pieces remained. 

     "Sorry, we were trying to make you breakfast but turns out making pancakes is harder than we thought." Hyuk frowned and turned off the burner. Sujin laughed and tip toed to pat both of their heads. 

     "It's okay, I'll be out probably the whole day so I'm fine with a smoothie or an apple." Sujin shrugged and left the kitchen. 

She adjusted her backpack, that contained notebooks, pens, recorders, a camera, a video recorder, flashlight, and a pocket knife. You would've guessed she was going to go hiking or on a hunt. 

     Sujin knocked on Myungsoo's door with a wide smile. 

The myth about vampires not sleeping at all, it's fake. Vampires can sleep whenever they want, or not all all, and you would need a lot of blood tolerance in order to be able to not sleep at all, Myungsoo wasn't that kind of vampire, so he got as much as sleep to help him get as much energy needed. 

Myungsoo, completely unaware who knocked at his door since he had just awoken from his sleep, opened the door with one eye shut and one eye closed. 

     "Hello." He said mono toned, staring at nothing. Sujin gasped at the sight of Myungsoo's revealed upper body. It was no surprise he had abs but he was also gorgeously fair skinned. Sujin turned her eyes away slowly and scratched her head when Myungsoo closed the door to get a shirt. 

He opened the door again this time with a white v neck on. "I'm sorry you had to see that Miss Sujin." Myungsoo cleared his throat and rubbed his eyes to awaken them. 

     "Oh no. You're okay." Sujin mumbled. "OH, I mean it's okay. It's okay." Sujin scolded herself mentally and bit her lip, she finally faced Myungsoo now with her childish smile of hers. "I was just going to tell you that I'm going out to the detectives apartment today. I'm not giving up on figuring out what happened to my parents." Sujin nodded. "You don't have to go with me, I was just telling you so you won't be worried, you can go back to sleep--" 

     "I'll be ready in five minutes." Myungsoo's eyes sparkled and the door shut with a slight breeze hitting Sujin's face. She brushed her bangs to the side and bit her lip as she waited. In just a matter of minutes, Myungsoo was already washed, dressed and ready to go. 

     "Ready?" Sujin asked, looking Myungsoo up and down, he wasn't dressed in a suit like he normally does, he was wearing the same white v neck he had hurriedly put on, grey jeans and a matching gray and black sweater, which made him look like a normal teenager. 

     "Always." Myungsoo answered calmly. 

- - - - - - - 

The two of the sat on the bus, waiting to arrive at their destination which would probably take a good twenty minutes. 

     "So, that day I was at the Police Department, I managed to borrow my parents files." Sujin dug out the creme colored folder in her back pack, Myungsoo looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

     "Borrowed?" He said teasingly. Sujin rolled her eyes and opened the file.

     "Yeah. Borrowed. It's not stealing, I'll give it back...eventually." Sujin mumbled, causing Myungsoo to chuckle to himself. "Anyways, all I know, and these police people know is that they were found dead at ten at night in the car that crashed into the tree near that one park." Sujin furrowed her eyebrows at the paper. Myungsoo, had tensed up, his blood and heart pulsing, not with hunger, with guilt. (curious? Bwahahahaha)

     "Well, there's nothing suspicious about that." Myungsoo said with pursed lips and a small shrug. Sujin closed the folder and cocked her head at Myungsoo with round eyes. 

     "Um, YES, there is. What could've caused the car to land that far from the curb. It's fall, there's no snow to cause that, it was a perfectly clear night, so there are some questionable things." Sujin said, Myungsoo blinked, taking in one last look at her brown orbs, he turned to look out of the window and softly sighed. 

*Wherever you go, I must follow. Even if this destination will inrease the possibilities of you finding out the real truth behind your parents death.* 

     "You have quite an imagination Miss Sujin." Myungsoo said with a sly half smile and his eyes did not meet hers, making her stick her tongue out at him. 

The bus ride took a while, so to pass time, Sujin wrote down questions she could ask and Myungsoo stared out the window, looking at Sujin would be difficult for him, even sitting besides her was making his instinct take over. He tried thinking about other things, but all he could think about was Sujin.

- - - - - - - 

     "Do you think the detectives are vampires?" Sujin suddenly asked, in a whisper, looking towards Myungsoo with her innocent eyes. Myungsoo had no choice but to turn his head and meet eyes with Sujin.

     "I'm not sure yet." Myungsoo said with his lips pressed together. Sujin's eyes fell down then back at Myungsoo's blank eyes. 

     "What if they hurt me?" Sujin said with her eyebrows slowly creasing together. Myungsoo saw in her mind all she could think about was Officer Kim's vampire image and him choking her. She was scared but not showing it completely. He squinted and leaned closer to her face, the smell of her just made him dizzy but he spoke calmly. 

     "They won't. And I won't let them. I won't ever let anyone hurt you Miss Sujin." Myungsoo nodded while they maintained eye contact. Sujin's lips curled up slightly and she nodded. 

     "If you do let them hurt me I'll be mad at you." Sujin smirked and the bus came to a stop. 

*I can do this. Be strong. You can do this.* Sujin told herself. Myungsoo proudly smiled at her positive thinking.

     The princess and her servant walked into the large building. Many people were walking around busily, carrying files and reports, speaking quickly on their phones. Sujin almost bumped into someone but luckily Myungsoo took her hand to guide her. 

They found the front desk and Sujin put her arms on it and smiled at the old lady staring up at her from behind her thick lens. 

     "How may I help you?" The old lady asked with a baby tone. 

     "I'm here to talk to Detective Park." Sujin grinned. "I emailed her a few days ago and made an appointment to talk about the Han file." Sujin told the lady. Myungsoo kept looking around just to be safe. Part of being a vampire is you can sense if there's another vampire within meters of you. Myungsoo let out a sigh of relief knowing there were none at the moment. 

     "Ah, yes. If you take the elevator, press the third floor, keep walking right til you see her office." The nice lady pushed up her glasses and pointed to the elevator on the side. 

     "Thank you." Sujin bowed her head slightly and quickly pulled Myungsoo by his hand. "Floor three." Sujin said aloud as she pushed the round button. It was only them in the elevator, and that was good for Myungsoo, the reason being that he did not like crowds because the smell of all those humans made his mind turn on that instinct to feed on them and that would be terrible. 

     "Keep walking right til you see her office." Myungsoo squinted his eyes and walked in front of Sujin. The hallway was long, it was bright and smelled of noodles, probably because that's all they ate. There was a man staring at Sujin at the end of the hallway, Myungsoo noticed and saw his eyes. 

*Crap.*  Myungsoo quickly looked down at Sujin and his grip on her hand tightened as he mumbled something to her. "It's right there." Myungsoo quickly went pulled Sujin into the large room and shut the door, locking it secretly as Sujin let go of his hand to shake the Detectives hand. 

To both of their surpirse, it was a lady. She looked like she was in her mid twenties, her hair was a mess, her glasses down to the end of her nose, but her smile was kind which made her somewhat approachable. 

     "Ah, you must be the lovely Han Sujin. Wow, you are beautiful, just like your mom." The woman said, Sujin shook her head, only showing with her movement that she disagreed. "Well I'm Detective Park, in charge of your..parents case." Detective Park slowly said. 

Sujin smiled and looked back at Myungsoo, who was standing right in front of the door with his hands behind his back, facing them. 

     "Um,  it's okay. You don't need to be sensitive about it, if I didn't want to hear the truth or facts straight up I wouldn't have came here. I can handle it." Sujin said with a weak grin. Detective Park nodded and told Sujin to take a seat, which was in front of her large, messy desk, she had two laptops, three notebooks filled with writing and many loose papers scattered all over while a coffee cup sit on the edge of the desk. 

     "Alrighty then. What do you want to speak to me about?" Detective Park tilted her head and leaned over her desk. Sujin took out the list of questions she had for her and sighed before proceeding.

     "Are they any security cameras that was on that particular street my parents car crashed?" Sujin bit her lip waiting for an answer. 

Detective Park took a moment before answering and she shrugged her small shoulders. "I'm sorry, there aren't. Somehow they were gone minutes after your parents died. Like in a flash gone. There is no video evidence or even witnesses." She said with a sorry look. 

Sujin was disappointed of course. Myungsoo could read it. Sujin however urged on. 

     "Are you guys not wondering how the car got that far from the street? They couldn't have just drove into the tree." Sujin said with round eyes. 

     "That's what we're trying to figure out. We have some suspicious that maybe something or someone did it." Detective Park said and there was suspense and tension all around the room. 

Myungsoo tensed up and his head was pounding at him. He noticed the door move just a little, then boom. 

The door flew across the room, Sujin ducked and went on the floor. Detective Park reached for under her desk and Sujin saw it was a gun. 

Myungsoo quickly went to pull away the man, but the man's strength caused Myungsoo to fly into the wall. Sujin was bent down on the floor, fear taking over her, she met eyes with Myungsoo, his eyes were the strong red color then she shut her eyes. Not wanting to see what was going to happen. 

     "Stop or I will shoot." Detective Park said boldly. The man just smirked and pointed to his chest. 

     "Shoot my dear. I dare you." The man's eyes went from black to gray and his sharp fangs drew out, scaring Detective Park. Myungsoo tried finding the sharpest object near him and throwing them into the vampire's back, but it was no use, the vampire was already too dead to be damaged. 

*Myungsoo. I'm scared.* Sujin thought, Myungsoo looked at Sujin crouching down, just a few feet away from the man. 

     "Don't hurt her!" Myungsoo yelled. The man turned around and Detective Park looked at Myungsoo. 

     "Oh please. Every damn vampire in this world is hunting for her, you think I would listen to you?" The vampire rolled his eyes, when he finished talking, Detective Park's eyes rounded. 

     "Vampire??" She gasped. Then the man's attention went right back to her. 

     "Yes. Vampire. So, you can shoot me all you want with that little gun of yours, but I will still keep coming at you.." He kept walking towards Detective Park, meaning he passed Sujin and she quickly ran to Myungsoo and he put her behind him. "And I'm going to do this." He announced and right before their eyes, Myungsoo and Sujin saw the beast bite into Detective Park's neck and blood dripped down to the floor. 

     "STOP!" Sujin yelled and ran to them, Detective Park's eyes shut and her body limped. She was dead in less than thirty seconds. The vampire smirked and in a second he appeared in front of Sujin.

Myungsoo, who was trying to focus, rubbed his eyes and took his pills. 

*Don't smell it. Don't think about it. Focus. Relax.* Myungsoo told himself.

     "Lovely necklace you have there."