The Flashbacks

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

    Myungsoo's Pov ;

 The feeling of waking up is no longer enjoyable. I no longer get to see her face right after I wake. I don't get to look at her peaceful state, I don't get to see her cranky expression when I call out her name. Just not seeing her has made me not want to wake up anymore. 

There's no purpose in my life if I am not with her. 

I only lived for her. It was a silly thing but I made a promise. 

Thirteen years ago, when me and Taehyung actually got along and I lived with him, we were in his backyard, watching as his mom and dad happily cooked together in the kitchen. This was the time before madness got to us, when we were actually a normal species. 

I remember everything I told him. 

End of Pov

Flashback

     "Bleh, it's so gross seeing parents flirt with each other." Taehyung shivered and he continued swinging on the swing. Myungsoo, being a new bloomed teenager and vampire, felt a wave of emotions, mostly bloodlust, but he mistook it for a sign of affection. 

     "No it's not. It's romantic." Myungsoo grinned. "Spending an eternity with a beautiful girl, that'd be heaven. If I ever find a girl worth fighting for, I'm going to protect her from everything. I'll make sure she's never sad, always smiles and do anything for her."

Taehyung stopped swinging and he gave Myungsoo a look. 

     "There aren't many girl vampires, so for you buddy. Pun intended." Taehyung smirked. 

Myungsoo kicked at the dirt on the ground. 

     "Whatever, I'll find her and if I love her enough, I'll make her a vampire so we can be together forever. Duh." Myungsoo stated as if that was the best idea. Taehyung just laughed at his naive friend. 

     "We're vampires. There's no use bothering with human girls unless we plan to drink their blood out." 

And that's when Taehyung left Myungsoo alone to think. 

End of flashback

The thought of him saying that made Myungsoo cringe. He did mean it though. He wanted someone just for him, but his choice had changed slightly when he met Sujin, he knew for sure she was the one he wanted to protect for as long as he can. However, making her into a vampire was not his plan anymore. He didn't want Sujin to ever become the beast like he is, he wanted to her to live a normal, human filled life and for her to be happy. 

He felt dizzy with only laying down and thinking, so he got up and went to get a drink of water. 

Myungsoo looked around his empty loft and pressed his lips in a thin line. 

*I can feel myself fading away.* Myungsoo sighed, going back to his bed to rest and get rid of the terrible headache forming. 

- - - - - - - 

     "I'm done..with this vampire hunting thing." Sujin bit her lip constantly as she spoke. Gaeun and Taehyung both glanced at each other before considering her decision. "Gaeun unni, I'm sorry. I know you trained with me so hard and put so much effort in teaching me, but I just can't--" 

     "It's okay, Sujin." Gaeun smiled and sat on Sujin's couch. Sujin and Taehyung stood in front of each other, he nodded at her. 

     "If that's your choice, alright then. I understand." Taehyung told her and also went to take a seat on the couch, but Sujin was still fidgety. 

     "No, you don't understand. I felt like I had so much weight on my shoulders. And right now, saying this, I feel like I'm disappointing my parents. I wanted to live up to everyone's expectations but I ended up just failing." Sujin frowned and had her palm on her forehead. She was starting to feel bad again. 

     "Sujin, don't worry about it. We know you care a lot and you try your best to be strong for everyone, so we can understand your choice. There are many situations going on at the same time, I should've thought about it earlier. Just forget it, we can just focus on one thing right now." Gaeun stood up and stared at Sujin, who had finally stopped pacing back and forth. 

Taehyung watched her expression change from anxious to timid. 

     "Uh well, where should we start?" Sujin looked around her room, thinking of the things going on. "Myungsoo. I want to find Myungsoo." Sujin was reminded of him suddenly. Taehyung tensed up at the mention of Myungsoo. Because he knew exactly where Myungsoo was, and he did not want to be found, but Taehyung was caught between his options ; help Sujin so she can stop worrying or keep Myungsoo alone where he wanted to be so that Taehyung can have Sujin all to himself.

     "Oh, right. I comepletely forgot Myungsoo had left!" Gaeun slapped her forehead and Sujin sighed. She saw Taehyung walking towards the door and went up to him while Gaeun tried calling Myungsoo even though he wouldn't pick up anyways.

     "Leaving?" Sujin asked Taehyung in a slight whisper, her hand grabbing onto his sleeve, he looked down at her hand then into her round eyes staring at him. 

     "Yeah, my parents have been suspicious lately, so I need to get home early sometimes." Taehyung told her, which wasn't a lie.

     "Ok. Cause I thought..." Sujin paused to find the right words before resuming and she took her hand off of him. "I know that you and Myungsoo don't really get along, but I also know you have feelings, so I hope you can understand why I want to find Myungsoo. I just care and worry about him, nothing more." Sujin gave him a smile and he saw that shiny glint in her eye as they smiled at him. 

     "No, no. I get it, but hey, does that mean you and me have something?" Taehyung had finally asked what he's been wanting to ask since awhile. Sujin blushed and she glanced back at Gaeun, who was obviously listening but pretending to be occupied with her phone. 

     "Maybe." Sujin shrugged and she quickly changed the subject as he opened the door. "Did you drink the herb yet? I made it since this morning so my blood got cold, but I hope you--" 

     "I did. Thanks." Taehyung nodded, his cheesy grin flashing at her and he shut it, leaving her with a grinon her face. 

     "Oh you guys are too cute, I want to mix you in my cake and eat you----wait...in vampire terms that sounds a little...bleh. Whatever, you guys are just the cutest." Gaeun teased causing Sujin to blush even more with a pout.

     "Stop. I just want to figure out where Myungsoo is." Sujin said firmly but laughed a little. She sat down on her bed, phone in her hand, eyes staring blankly at it. "He hasn't called even once, like how does that happen? How do you confess to someone and care about them so much one day, then the next you decide to leave it all behind like it's nothing?" Sujin asked emotionless. Gaeun took a minute to think about what Sujin had asked, then she stared at Sujin wide eyed. 

     "He's losing his humanity." Gaeun whispered, but loud enough for Sujin to hear. 

- - - - - - - 

     "What?!" Sujin got off of her bed quickly and ran to face Gaeun. Gaeun also stood, hands on her head and she shook it to think more. 

     "No, no no. Myungsoo. He couldn't handle the amount of feelings he had for you, so after he confessed, he just wanted to let it go, so by leaving he thinks it'll be better for you, but really it's bad for him. Being away from you will start triggering things in his mind, right now since he hasn't talked to neither of us, people who care about him, he's starting to lose that feeling, care. Myungsoo's humanity will soon be gone if he keeps isolating himself from you." Gaeun said which had completely shocked Sujin. She bit her lip and all that could cross her mind was Myungsoo being in pain. 

     "We have to find him now. This can't happen to him." Sujin was close to tears. Her weak heart was acting up and the thought of Myungsoo being an emotionless vampire actually scared her. 

Gaeun took a few minutes to call a friend whom has great knowledge about the situation they're in.

     "Okay, that was my friend, she has watched a lot of people lose their humanity. There are certain phases. But she also said it can be turned off instantly, so we need to act fast and help him." Gaeun explained. Sujin listened closely since that was all she could do at the moment. "His mind is starting to realize things, and since he hasn't been in contact with you, the girl who is the reason for his humanity, Myungsoo might be feeling really lonely. This phase will trigger flashbacks. He's having flashbacks to things relating to the first feelings he developed, I believe he got his caring humanity back first." Gaeun spoke fast.

Sujin paused and was clueless. She had no idea what she could do to help and her anxiousness to find Myungsoo was creeping on her. 

     "Where could he have gone?" Sujin wanted to know badly, her main goal at the moment was to find Myungsoo and help him keep his humanity and feelings. 

Gaeun looked back out in the woods and a thought popped up in her head. 

     "He once told me, if he ever ran away, it would be where hardly anyone lives, so it's peaceful. And it would be in the open space so he can find prey easier. That's pretty much all I've got." Gaeun shrugged and Sujin began typing things on her phone. 

*Maybe he can help.* 

     "Follow me." Sujin said, walking into the halls.

- - - - - - - 

     "So, is there any spell or a way to find Myungsoo?" Sujin blinked at him with hopeful eyes. Sungjong bit his lip and took out his spell book. 

     "I believe so. But I'll need an item Myungsoo has had contact with like a personal item." Sungjong told her, Gaeun glanced at Sujin, wondering if Sujin had anything of Myungsoo's.

     "I'll go check his room." Gaeun was already out of the door. Sungjong put his hand on Sujin's hand on the table and he gave her a comforting smile. 

     "It's going to be okay." Sungjong told her, and soon after Gaeun came back and her expression had already told them she didn't find anything. Sujin's expression fell when Gaeun shrugged, she thought long before smiling with wide eyes. 

     "I know somewhere that contains a lot about Myungsoo and his personal items!" Sujin stood up quickly, "Wait here til I come back." Sujin told them and ran out the door. 

- - - - - - - 

Meanwhile

Taehyung's parents had called for a family meeting. There were about 7 people in their family, but many other random vampires who lounged in the Kim Mansion. Taehyung had no choice but to go to the dining room and sit down. His parents seated on chairs at the end of the long, wide table. 

     "Today, is the day we raid the Han household." Ms Kim grinned. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, it was the first he's heard of this. 

     "We've been planning this for a while now, I'm just going to go over it again." Mr Kim stepped up and his wife smiled at him. "We've been working with the gang people who want Han Sujin. So basically we both have the same target, except we want the jewel. The gang members will break the gates first, kill the guards standing in their way, and that's when we come out, we must attack also and wait for the men to bring out Han Sujin. Then they'll take off the jewel from her neck, and they can have her. All of us win." Mr Kim evilly smiled and his comrades clapped and cheered him on. 

     "The time is now. I hope you're all hungry and ready to kill." Ms Kim said with a smirk. 

Later all the vampires began to pile into cars, growling and laughing with joy at the thought of the plan.

Taehyung stood at the front porch, watching his kind all get into cars to follow a plan of his parents. He knew he had to go but he didn't want to, his body began walking towards the car anyways, until someone pulled him on the side of the house. It was Homin. 

     "Forget the plan. You're staying home today." Homin compelled Taehyung, or atleast he thought he did. Taehyung feel wavered or tranced but he had to act like it worked.

Taehyung blinked his eyes and nodded. 

     "I'm staying home." He mumbled in a mono toned voice and walked back inside his house. Homin chuckled and went to join his vampire friends. 

- - - - - - - 

*I can't let anyone know of this place. It's Myungsoo's favorite hide out.* Sujin approached the door with heavy foot steps. Her eyes stared at the door and soon memories came to her mind. She pressed in the code and she heard the slight click. She touched the cold handle, the touched reminded her of when she held Myungsoo's hand. The large metal door opened with her push, the smell of the soundproof room came to her. She smelled Myungsoo, and somehow that sell was undescribable yet nice. She shut the door behind her incase someone tried coming in and they would see all of Myungsoo's unknown secrets.

Sujin couldn't help but reminisce in the moment. Being in the room made her feel as if Myungsoo was still there with her. No matter how much they pushed each other away, they both knew deep down they could count on each other, so here Sujin was, trying her best to find Myungsoo. She looked over in the room with a small smile. His records all scattered on the floor, his pill bottles neatly on top of the cd shelf, the piano he would always sit at and press only one key. 

Her eyes finally set eyes on the one personal item that was more Myungsoo than anything. His guitars.

Flashback (Sujin's)

     "I don't want your sympathy." Myungsoo looked at her with an edgey stare.

     "Just like in the beginning when I didn't want your help but look where we are--" 

     "Don't you get it? I'm in love with you." 

End of Flashback

At that moment ,Sujin couldn't think properly at the mention of in love. She wanted to ask Myungsoo so many questions but she was interupted by Gaeun. Sujin thought it seemed like good timing at first, cause she would have at least some time to sort out her feelings. And she never thought Myungsoo would disappear the next day, leaving her cluelessly confused.

*I wonder if Myungsoo ever thinks about me at random times too.*

- - - - - - -

It was almost sunset and the many black vans arrived at the Han Mansion. The Han guards, more specifically ten guards were outside watching out everywhere.

Although,they didn't notice the bullets coming at them one by one.