You are the Han Jewel.

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

Sujin's Pov ; 

    "You're parents are dead."  

     "Ok." 

And that pretty much sums of my day. Well, actually to get into more detail...

    I woke up and went to school, after endless note taking and getting test papers back (which I totally aced of course) I came home to our butler telling me my parents are dead. He said it with great emotion, and with an expression of sorrow and sympathy. And I answered simply. I had no thoughts at all. My parents are dead. Parents. Dead. Gone. Alone. 

So now I'm packing my things. Why? Because my maid came and told me I'd be staying with my grandfather. 

Um hold on, I have a grandfather?? He's on my mom's side. Oh boy. 

    I laughed a little alone at the thought of the image of my mom's father. My mom is known for being such a cheerful and bright girl, and sometimes she's a little crazy. So I imaged what her dad would be like. Ha.

   "Ms Sujin, I don't mean to bother you, but we have to get going now, your grandfather only has this hour open." My maid informed me. I twisted my lips and hurriedly packed my comb and toothbrush.

    "Only has this hour open? Is he a busy person?" I asked her with a curious stare. She shrugged her shoulders and walked off. 

   I need some answers. I need to know how come I've never heard of this man in all of my life and now I have to live with him becase my parents are dead. I need to know why can't I stay here by myself. I need to know more about how my parents died. 

End of Pov

 

    "If you need something from home, call me and I'll get it for you and have it delivered in no time." Sujin's maid, Inyoung told her. Sujin nodded her head heavily, making her brown, wavy hair cover her face. "Yah, you'll be safe here." Inyoung brushed Sujin's hair out of her face and patted her shoulder.

   "Safe from what?" Sujin asked her, but Inyoung got in the car quickly and drove off. Sujin was left in front of the large, black metal gates. It was odd, the neighborhood was isolated and quiet, but those quiet kinds of neighborhoods where police patrol nearly every corner. 

Sujin's black combat boots slid across the smooth pavement and then came to a stop when she reached the buzzer. Sujin's bit her bottom lip and looked up at the large house, it was as twice as big as her house, which was pretty shocking because her parents are in the top five rich people in Korea.

She stared at it blankly and more and more. As the sun still remained, but the sky getting orange already, Sujin picked up her bags and walked down the sidewalk. She began humming her own tune and wandering to wherever her feet would take her. 

- - - - - - -

   Time passed by and the sun had finally set. Sujin had just walked out of the bookstore after purchasing two books and an ice cream bar.

Her phone began ringing as she was close to the house. 

    "Hello?" Sujin said with her two eyes blinking. 

   "Yah! Where are you right now?!!" Inyoung yelled. Hyojin slightly smirked. She was use to having Inyoung yell at her, since this was not the first time Sujin's disobeyed Inyoung's orders. 

    "I'm near the house, look, I can see it right now. Don't worry. I'm going, I'm going." Sujin told her as she took a bite of her strawberry ice cream bar. 

    "I told you to---" 

    "Love you too. Bye!" Sujin stuffed her phone back into her pocket and chuckled as she continued walking. 

     "Is that her?" Sujin heard a voice behind her. 

    "Oh, I think it is.." Another voice said. Sujin noticed it was two men voices. She refused to look back and kept walking. 

Her footsteps got quicker when she heard the two men still behind her. Sujin whipped her head around and glared at behind her. 

    "Can I help you guys?" She asked with her eyebrows knit together. They both got a good look at her and smiled.

    "Ah, see. I told you it was her." A short guy slapped a very tall guy. Sujin gave him a look and blinked at him. Even though she had no idea who they were, they seemed like they would do no harm. 

    "Do you guys know me or something?" She asked them with a creeped out tone. They both laughed and nodded their heads, and she saw that their hair were all done and perfect. Sujin got a closer look at them and saw they were dressed tidily also. 

   "Of course we know you. You're Han Sujin. Only daughter of the Han family. Han Jewel." The short one spoke again. Sujin smirked and gripped onto her bags tighter. 

   "I suppose you know my grandfather too?" She asked suspiciosly and curiously. 

   "Boss Han? We work for him haha." Only the short guy was chatting, the other remained silent, he had no expression on his face, just bored looking eyes. 

   "Work for him huh?" Sujin raised an eyebrow and tapped her chin. *What sort of buisness does he run exactly?* She wondered. 

   "Yeah, in fact, we've been sent to retrieve you." The short one smiled, he had a wide smile and his eyes rose in a cute manner. Sujin grinned and looked up at the tall one. 

   "Shall we get going then gentlemen?" She asked them playfully and she turned around swiftly towards the house. 

   "Ah, can I carry your bag for you?" The tall one finally spoke. Sujin looked up at him and shook her head, his expression fell when she did so. "Why not?" He asked, like he really wanted to carry her bag. 

   "I can carry, it's mine after all." Sujin told him and continued walking. The boys looked at each other then at the back of Sujin's pretty head then shrugged.

- - - - - - - 

Myungsoo's Pov

     "Myungsoo-ah, I want you to take care of my grand daughter." Mr Han told me. 

    "Um...so you want me to babysit basically?" I asked, it may have came out blunt but what can I say? I got called in his office early in the morning, hoping to get assigned a very special errand or position and this is it? I have to baby sit his grand-daughter? Seems easy or like he doesn't trust me to do something more important.

     "Well, she is younger than you but--" 

    "It's fine Mr Han. I'll do anything you tell me." I smiled proudly. It's true though. I would do anything, because when I was lost, Mr Han took me in and treated me like his own son. Which to me, is like he gave me my life.

     "And one more thing Myungsoo..." Mr Han paused slightly with a worried expression. "She may not be used to this, so please make sure she's comfortable and I mean it when I say this, protect her with your life. I'll tell you further information later." 

After that Mr Han hung up and I was left in my room with anxiousness filling my head. 

I better not scare her then.

End of Pov

 

    The doors of the mansion had opened. Marble floors, marble walls everywhere, statues well sculpted filled every corner of the house, parallel to the door was a large staircase. Leading up to the stairs, Sujin saw paintings and also many, many, many rewards. She turned to see the two boys watching her. 

    "Neat huh?" The tall one asked with a coy smile. Sujin chuckled and still looked around in amazment. She thought about how it would be living her and waking up every morning to this beautiful decor. 

   "Very." Sujin replied. 

   "She's here guys!!!!" The short guy exclaimed. "HYUNGSS!!!Come out and greet Jewel!!!" He shouted and Sujin gave him a look. 

   "What are you doing? Jewel? What?" Sujin was lost as the tall guy was able to grasp her bags from her. From different places and room, Sujin saw guys coming out, just walking out casually. She assumed they also worked here, it made her feel awkward so she stepped back towards the door, back up against it, with her round, alarmed eyes. 

  "WAHHH!" A guy with red hair stared at Sujin is amazement. 

   "She's even more prettier than I thought she'd be." 

   "I can't believe the Han Jewel is actually right in front of us." 

Sujin was getting scared as more and more men popped out of rooms and walked to her with wide eyes, like she was some zoo animal or some sort. 

   "Incredible. Han Jewel has entered." 

*Han Jewel??? What the frick is this Han Jewel they keep saying to me??* Sujin's back was pressed up against the door and she stared at the dozens of men staring at her. 

   "What is it? Han Jewel?" Sujin looked down out her outift, then her pearl necklace her mother had given her on her 10th birthday. "Is this the Han Jewel you guys are talking about?" Sujin asked them while pointing to her necklace. Then suddenly, the room was filled with laughter. 

   "You are the Han Jewel, my dear." 

Sujin heard a unique and calm voice from the stairs. She looked up and saw a young looking man wearing full black and a smirk on his pale face. 

   "Me? Han Jewel? Huh?" Sujin's expression showed she was really confused. 

    "Yeah, you are a valuable girl you know." A guy with many piercings on his ear spoke. Sujin's eyes locked onto his and he smiled at her, Sujin looked at the floor and she curled her hair behind her ear. 

    "Me?" Sujin furrowed her eyebrows. "Valuable?" She whispered. 

  "Yes. You." Sujin felt cold fingers touching her chin slightly, the cold fingers lifted her chin and she was now looking into these dark, dark red eyes. Sujin's eyes grew wide with awe, she felt as if she was being hypnotized. 

Myungsoo Pov ;

    I gathered up my strength and looked in the mirror. At least of the time of looking in the mirror I had left, I should fix up my hair. I must look capable and well groomed. 

I took my pill before walking out of the door. I can do this. Just introduce myself, don't smell her, don't look at her, just tell her my name and leave. 

But that was all changed when I laid my eyes on her. It's her.

A beauty, in all my years of living, it's the first time I'm seeing someone so lovely and full of perfection and no flaws. I was in a trance as I walked down the stairs. 

   "You are the Han Jewel, my dear." I said. Wait. DID I SERIOUSLY SAY THAT OUT LOUD?? 

I felt my fingers tingling and my mouth became watery with delight. Looking at this girl drawn me more than ever. 

And I just couldn't help myself. 

    "Yes. You." 

How could she not know her worth? How could she not know how valuable and precious she is? My fingers quickly made contact with her smooth, warm, flesh. 

My body was not co-operating with me at all. STOP IT. STOP NOW YOU BEAST. I yelled at my inner self to stop this horrible mannerism. My cold, fingers lifted up her chin to get a better look at her. Up close her eyes were black, but they seemed to sparkle with every blink she took. I could feel her trembling. 

STOP IT NOW MYUNGSOO. 

I couldn't help but stare at her. And she stared back. 

My breathing quickened and I leaned closer to her as she stared more instensely at me. 

Just....one...whiff...would...be... 

   "Myungsoo-ah. That's enough." 

And I was awoken at the voice. 

End of Pov

 

    "Sorry Jiyong hyung." Myungsoo mumbled and backed away from Sujin. Sujin let out a gasp and blinked her eyes and stared at the guy who spoke. 

    "Don't apologize to me, apologize to our jewel here." Jiyong flicked his head towards Sujin and Myungsoo did also. He looked at the floor instead and faced her with his two hands behind his back. 

    "I apologize Miss Sujin. I am just overjoyed to be in the prescence of Mr Han's lovely grand daughter." Myungsoo bowed to her and he remained like that. Everyone stared at the two and it made Sujin feel awkward. 

    "Nah, it's fine. I was just a little shocked that's all." Sujin spoke up. Myungsoo then kneeled down. "W-what are you doing??" Sujin asked panickedly. 

    "I am Kim Myungsoo. Your grandfather has given me the honor to be your personal bodyguard." Myungsoo held out his hand and Sujin stared at it weirdly. 

   *What the hell is going on? Where am I? Is this a joke? Mom?* Sujin bit her lip and shook Myungsoo's hand without thinking. 

   "Okay okay. Meeting is over, Room A, go clean, Room B, do laundry, Room C, go cook. Room D, set up tables. And Room E, guard outsides perimeter." A tannish guy with a small dimple said as he ascended from the stairs. Once he spoke, the men surrounding Sujin scattered all around and there were only four guys standing in the same room with Sujin. She fixed her hair and twisted her lips, looking around at nothing. 

Myungsoo got up and turned with his back in front of Sujin. Sujin tilted her head, this was all new to her and she was already getting weirded out. 

   "Han Jewel!" The guy with the dimple skipped towards Sujin. Which was weird because before he had a very charasmatic aura and now he looked like a happy bunny. Sujin smiled at him and waited for him to speak more. "I'm Leetuek, pretty much the leader. And I just want to tell you, it's a pleasure having you here and we will make sure you are comfortable and safe." Leetuek told her, Sujin nodded slowly.

*There it goes with the 'safe' thing again? Am I in danger or what??* Sujin asked herself. 

    "Now, Sehun, Suho and Myungsoo will be escorting you to your room now." Leetuek smiled and pointed to the two guys from earlier. 

Sehun, being the tall one who was holding her bags smiled and followed Suho as he lead the way. Sujin followed Suho and Myungsoo followed behind Sujin. 

- - - - - - -

  Once they were upstairs, and after Sujin gawked at everything that caughter her attention, they arrived at a large, white door with diamond handles and many, many locks. 

   *What the...* Sujin counted the numerous locks as Suho opened the door, revealing a large, very very large room. 

Sujin smiled widely. "Nice." She wasn't all that surprised, since her other room was big enough for a family to live in. But this room was decent too, it had a queen sized bed with red and white flowery sheets, a chandlier hung from the cieling, making the room bright, and pretty much the normal things, her own bathroom, walk in closet, two in fact, and full body mirror with lights twinkling on it. 

    "Do you like it?" Suho asked Sujin with an awkward smile. Sujin sat on the bed and smiled. 

    "Yeah. Love it." She said, still admiring the room. It had a feminie touch but also to her liking, with some edge. And it suited her just well.

   "Good. Mr Han worked very hard to prepare this room to your liking." Sehun told her. Myungsoo was still at the door with his hands folded behind his back and his gaze, stuck on Sujin. 

   "Well. We'll let you unpack, dinner is at 6:30 but if you want to eat alone just press the intercom and we'll bring your food to your room." Suho said and bowed before leaving with Sehun, who also bowed too. 

Although she felt oddly out of place, even though she was use to big houses and people serving her, this was different. She was living with men, and she still hadn't met her grandfather. 

Sujin saw Myungsoo watching her and she smiled. "What are you doing there?" She asked and gave him an unusual look. Myungsoo cocked his head to both sides of him and saw no one and he pointed to himself. "Yeah, you. What's your name again?" Sujin asked him, getting off the bed and walking towards the door. 

Myungsoo could almost smell her scent. "Myungsoo." He then held his breath, to keep from getting intoxicated with Sujin's scent. 

    "Myungsoo. Hm. I'm Sujin, as you know," Sujin began with a smile, "and I'd like it if you woudldn't watch me like a creep." Sujin then pushed him out the door frame and she slammed the door. 

*Ha. Personal bodyguard? What am I, 6?* Sujin rolled her eyes.

Myungsoo was dumbfounded but he got up and dusted off his tux. *I suppose it's better there's a barrier between us right now, other wise I wouldn't be able to control the beast in me. Pardon me, but you are just a beauty Miss Sujin.* Myungsoo let out a breath, letting himself imagine the smile she gave him before she slammed the door on his face. 

*Will I be able to control myself?* He asked, looking at the white door.

 

 

 

A/N: ugghhh. First chapterrrr. It probably . [/.<] But hope yall like it so far ?