Behind the scenes (Teaser III)

소리 발전 Solibaljeon {Hallyu Sound Evolution} | SM Entertainment's New Girlgroup

 


Vocal practice was always one of the things that Sori despised. She couldn‘t hit the right notes, she strained her voice too much and she always embarassed herself in front of the other trainees. And because Sori was always a very proud person and couldn‘t handle criticsm that well, she didn‘t mind the interruption of their current vocal lesson at all.

The instructor frowned when suddenly a staff member opened the door and shoved two other trainees into the room. One of them was a short girl who had a bored expression on her face. She looked mildly interested at the two confirmed and six potential members who were training before turning away to the window and clasping her arms. Sori  exchanged a look with Seulyong. Why is that girl here if she‘s actually so self-contained? The other one looked at first glance like a boy if it weren‘t for her rather feminine body. She was tall, had shoulder-length blonde hair and a sharp jawline. When she met Sori‘s judgemental look, she raised a brow. Just like the other girl she also didn‘t seem that friendly.

"These are two new potential members“, announced the staff member.

"Yuntae“, he nodded towards the first girl, "Started training barely five months ago so SM Entertainment was reluctant at first about making her a potential group member. But she has a quite gifted voice even though her dancing is mediocre at best. The other one is Jackie Lee, a senior of you all since she started training eight years ago and is currently twenty-five. She‘s a really good rapper.“


He bowed and left the room. Seulyong sighed. She had already a hard time overlooking six trainees and Sori, but now it would get even messier. It didn‘t help that both trainees didn‘t seem the least interested in trying to fit into the group and befriend the other members. In her seven years of training she had a lot of lessons with Jackie together but they never really got close. And Yuntae was a total stranger to her.  She tucked a strand of her auburn hair behind her ears and started speaking.

"Hi, I‘m Park Seulyong, the confirmed leader of Solibaljeon. It‘s nice to meet you, hopefully we can have good teamwork. That white-blonde girl next to me is Kang Sori, one of the rappers and the other confirmed member. Next to her is-“

"Unnie. We can actually introduce ourselves, you know.“Aimee interrupted her and proceeded towards the new girls. 
She smiles brightly at the two newcomers. "Hello, I‘m Nahee but you can call me Aimee. Right now I‘m the best dancer out of us all but I‘ve heard that SM Entertainment wants to add another dancer soon, so I'd be likely to become a Lead Dancer. I‘m good at popping and I also have decent choreographing skills.“


"She and Yoonmi are the current maknaes. Yoonmi is actually a really quiet and nice person but Aimee is really blunt and I‘m afraid that her straight-forwardness will get us in trouble sometime.“ Seulyong explained.

"You're going to give us trouble too, unnie. Stop flirting with guys right before our debut." Yoonmi seriously muttered with a frown. Tiao Ning giggled a bit.

"Yah, maknae, don‘t talk like that! I‘ve just complimented you and you put me into a bad light!“Seulyong exclaimed slightly embarrassed.

"I‘m Tiao Ning, the y Aegyo Princess. I‘m also one of the Visuals.“ Tiao Ning said and made a cute pose.

 Jackie seemed to warm up to them since a smile appeared on her face. "You guys are actually pretty funny.“

"Well, it depends. Sumin and Hotaru are like seriously introverted. They are just so boring.“ Sori complained, pouting in the process.

"Stop talking like this about your band members,"Bara reprimanded her with an angry glare.She then looks worried towards the two mentioned members.

Hotaru, the other Visual, leaned with folded arms against the wall of the practice room. The Anti-Bullying bracelet around her left wrist was easy visible and her expression was distant. Like usual, she had a kind of cold aura around her. Even though Sori often made some mean jabs at her, she never once tried to defend herself and Bara as well as Seulyong got pretty concerned about that. Hotaru was seriously distant and no matter how hard they tried they couldn‘t make her open up to the other trainees.

Sumin on the other hand just glared at Sori. She also gave the new potential band members a mean look and then demonstratively went into a lonely corner of the practice room to improve her vocals.

After Bara realized that both wouldn‘t be going to introduce theirselves to the newcomers, she sighed before bowing formally at them. "Annyeong, I‘m one of Solibaljeon‘s potential Vocalists, Kwon Bara. I hope we are going to have a good team work and debut together.“