Introducing the Sixth Member

소리 발전 Solibaljeon {Hallyu Sound Evolution} | SM Entertainment's New Girlgroup

HOME | NEWS | GALLERY | RECAP | EXCLUSIVE | FORUMS | SHOP |                                       language | français | español | português | العربيةاة
 

Solibaljeon's Leader

Suzy Shows Her Support for GOT7 with a Beautiful Selca
 
 

Following the last five member revelations, it seems Solibaljeon's next member is one that even SM Entertainment's CEO has already mentioned in a interview. This member has already accumulated, not just SM fans, but those from CUBE Entertainment, as well. On SM's official homepage, her profile is titled "Solibal's Quirky Leader Seul".
 
Seul, who was born Park Seulyong on July 18, 1989 in Seoul, is the oldest member in Solibaljeon. At age 24, Seul is the Leader, Spokesperson, and Vocalist of the group. She's actually a well-rounded member and might actually be a triple threat! Other SM artists revealed that Seul is quite the hectic and wild one of the group despite her being the oldest!
 
Although Seul was born in Seoul, she has lived in the US until she became a trainee at 17. She is fluent in English as she is also a quarter American, fluent in Korean and is conversational in Chinese.
 
Seul is one of the three members with the longest training. Compared to Wish, who trained for eight years, Solibaljeon's leader trained for a total of seven years! And not just within SM. If you didn't already know, Seul was a CUBE trainee for 3 years before her withdrawal and was casted into SM when she left for Portland a few months later. Seul then trained an additional 4 years. Because of her age, her responsibility, and her exposure to different trainings, Seul was appointed as the leader. She is the sixth to be revealed and the first to join the group.
 
It's no surprise that EXO is often linked to the nine member group. Seul, however, has a valid reason to be linked to the twelve member boy group. SM revealed that Park Chanyeol and Seul are half-siblings so it makes sense for Seul to be acquainted with EXO.
 
The first video that was uploaded by SM was a performance by Wish, Minnie and Seul (in the middle with blonde hair), who rapped and sang as trainees. The second video is of Seul (on the left with the updo) and another SM trainee dancing at a school track meet.
 

 

 EXO    Chanyeol    CUBE Ent    SMent    Solibaljeon    Teaser/Leak 

InDaCube

Why did she leave Cube in the first place? Cube has some very successful Hallyu Idols. Look at Beast! Why'd such a talented girl left for SM is a mystery to me. Besides with the other members and their talents, I doubt Seul would shine as a leader. If she was at Cube still...

Soshi9

Her a triple threat? Sure she is. Her singing is pretty weak, when she raps her breathing control is horrible, and her dancing is mediocre at best. What was SM thinking making her a leader? If she was still a Cube trainee, MAYBE she'll be good with her skills. Taeyeon's probably a way better leader than her.

Honestly, her trainee years at SM were wasted. She should have stayed at Cube.

Seobshine

Stop hating on her! She's very talented and I really like her. Besides, she trained at 2 very dif companies. Ofc the training would be dif. I'm still rooting for her. What makes you think she's not a good leader? Maybe she'll surprise you. She'll probably be a way better leader than Taeyeon and Victoria will ever be.

I heard from somewhere that she's best friends with Beast's Yoseob. I wonder if thats true...

CreepyeolWifey

Oooooh~ Any sister of Chanyeol is my sister kekekeke ^^ Why are you all hating on her? She's really awesome! C'mon, with a voice like that, they as well make her a lead vocalist too. I've actually noticed that the other lead vocal and main vocals have husky voices. Seul-unnie has a husky voice too so why isn't she a lead vocal? But then again, her rapping is awesome too~

Anyway, I'm definitely supporting her! Shes so talented~

  ____________________________________________________________________________________

introduction 6

 

Seul

 

Tucked away on the second floor, settled in the hallway to the right and right across the company gym, six men danced to the beat of their latest song, setting the feel and groove in the practice room. There was tension, not bad but friendly tension, as the six men worked together to be in sync. Taking a quick break, sweat running down their foreheads and dripping unto their clothes, the men sat crossed-legged on the hardwood floor. They began their chattering,  small bickering ensuing because some of the members began teasing each other.

 

"Can we take a break hyung? I'm hungry~" One of them whined, making an all too adorable face.

 

"You're always hungry." Another chuckled, rummaging into his bag and throwing a snack to the whining member.

 

"Ahhhh....fina-"

 

"SEOBBIE! EODIYA?! YANG YOSEOB!"

 

"Here comes trouble..." One of them muttered, shaking his head. As if on cue, Seul ran into the practice room and nearly collided with one of the members closest to her. Looking up, Junhyung frowned. "Did one of the girls feed you sugar again? Why are you always running into the others?"

 

"Um....." Seul began to mutter, looking away from Junhyung as she scooted closer to Yoseob. "Seobbie...is Junhyung in a sour mood?"

 

"Junhyunggie? He's always like this." Yoseob nodded, patting the girl's hand. "So what brings you here,  Seulyonggie?"

 

"It's noona, hyung! Seulyong-noona!"

 

"Whatever." Yoseob waved the maknae off, suddenly all interest on Seul. "Soooo? Seulyonggie?"

 

"Noona!"

 

Seul shook her head and giggled as she watched Dongwoon trying to dodge Yoseob's headlock. Ah she missed these moments when she would just joke around with the members of Beast back in her trainee days at Cube. It wasn't as if her trainee days at SM weren't enjoyable,  she just had more fun memories of starting her trainee years at Cube. "Have you guys seen my official profile? I'm gonna debut soon!"

 

"Finally!" Yoseob shouted out, wrapping his arms around her before the rest of Beast's Maknae line ran to her. "We almost lost hope. Congratulations!"

 

"Thanks guys." Seul smiled at them.

 

"Are you sure you're fine though?" Doojoon asked, concern in his voice. "I'm scanning through the comments and some of them are harsh."

 

"I'm fine Doojoonie." Seul muttered, her eyes casted down towards the floor. "To be honest, I'm not fine. I'm trying too hard to put up a good front. People misjudge me, not based on my talents, but because of the fact that I'm a Cube ex-trainee. They don't even acknowledge my hard-working skills. It's hard to look at these negative comments and think positive..."

 

"Seulyongie..."

 

"Noona..."

 

"But you know what? I'll prove them wrong." Seul looked at the six Beast members, a hint of something sparked in her eyes. "Because I'm taking Solibaljeon to the top. And when I do, they'll regret the moment they said that a recycled trainee cant achieve her dreams."

 

__________________________________

So its my very own character~ taking a break from tge last 3 members since Sori has 2 more to write (and I have 1 more). Ugh...I think I was harder on the comments for Seul though lol. But I was oddly thinking of Beast and how ppl also criticized them when they first debut. I mean most of them were all trainees at other companies before transferring to Cube. And look at them now! Inspired~

I originally had Yura (Girl's Day) as my singing twin but I decided to settle on Ahreum since Seul is pretty much a triple threat lol.

Let me know what you think of Seul~
- Linda