Chapter THREE

소리 발전 Solibaljeon {Hallyu Sound Evolution} | SM Entertainment's New Girlgroup

Chapter Three

Because I'm a Shadow

"Is she gone?"

Song Yuntue looked out the door, turning her head left and right, looking to see if their leader was gone. She saw the silhouette of their somewhat quirky leader as she disappeared into the recording studio down the hall with her recording team. Retreating back into the room, Yuntue slowly closed the door and looked at the three other vocals in the room. "Coast is clear. Unnie is recording for her OST."

"Why in the world are we doing this behind everyone's back?" Hotaru asked, twiddling her fingers. "Won't they be mad?"

"If the rapper line and Tiao Ning covered Cigarette behind our backs then we can do a cover too." Sumin walked towards the studio and looked at Aimee, who was also present to rap in the cover. "Right Aimee?"

Aimee just nodded. "I told Seullie-unnie to wait but she insisted that we did the cover without everyone... Mian."

In actually, it was all Aimee's idea to start before everyone else. Everyone else really wanted to wait for all nine members to be present but Aimee was being quite impatient. She wanted to do a cover fast.

"I betcha anything it was Sori." Yuntue muttered as she took her position in front of the mic. "Sori is...how can I explain without offending her..."

"Just admit it." Hyehyun blurted out next to the lead vocal. "She's mean. I knew right from the start that she didn't like any of us apart from Seul-unnie and the maknae."

It wasn't as if Hyehyun disliked Sori. No one really disliked her. Sori was just so mean to everyone if it wasn't Aimee and Seulyong. She understood that the two eldest were closer to each other since they were placed in the group before everyone else and that they trained together since technically Seulyong trained under SM for 4 years. And with the maknae, no one knew why Sori was nice to her. Maybe because she was the youngest?

"She's not mean..." Aimee started out but ended up quiet once she saw Sumin's stare. Did Sumin like to stare at Aimee for some odd reason? "Minnie-unnie?"

"Deh?"

"Why are you staring at me?" Aimee looked away, "It's making me nervous."

"Not you." Sumin muttered as she nodded to the right of Aimee. The maknae looked behind her, her eyes follwing the main vocal's gaze and noticed that a Super Junior M member had popped his head into the doorway. "Oppa."

"Is Seul here?" Kyuhyun stepped into the room and eyed every corner of the room. "She's not?"

"Anhyeong Kyuhyun-oppa!" Hyehyun called out, giving him numerous waves.

"Why are you looking for unnie, oppa?" Aimee wondered, resting her chin on her palm.

"I was supposed to do a duet with her for our OST. This girl..." Super Junior's maknae sighed. He placed his hand on the doorknob and was about to turn it when another SM artist walked in.

"Hyung~" The younger male called out as Kyuhyun stopped to greet the younger boy.

"Oh Jongin-ah." The older male acknowledged. "Are you helping Solibaljeon with a cover?"

"Yeh." Kai nodded. Kyuhyun gave him a quick nod before leaving, muttering all the while that he had to find Seulyong. Turning to face the girls, Kai winked. "Are we ready to do this cover?"

"Yah, are we ready?" Hyehyun called out as she docked her iPod. The vocal line stood in a row with Sumin on the far right, followed by Hotaru, Aimee, Yuntue, Hyehyun, and Kai. Giving one of the managers the signal, the five girls began their cover to Gilme's Me First.

(SuminHyehyunYuntueHotaruAimeeKai)

naega meonjeo
geurae naega meonjeo

naega meonjeo (naega meonjeo)
geurae naega meonjeo (naega meonjeo)

neujeun jeonyeok nal bulleonoko
gogae sugyeo nuneul pihago
mianhadan malmanhamyeonseo
gipeun hansumman swigo isseo

sangsanghal sudo eomneun (Sorry)
deutgo sipjido anheun (Sorry)
naega sirheojyeo beoryeojil
apeun yaegil kkeonaegido jeone

naega meonjeo (naega meonjeo)
geurae naega meonjeo (naega meonjeo)
heeojija malhago neoreul cha beoril kkeoya
naega meonjeo (naega meonjeo)
geurae naega meonjeo (naega meonjeo)
niga beorigi jeone
meonjeo kkeutnaejago malhal kkeoya

ije eieiei
ije eieiei
naege eieiei 
(ho oh)
ije eieiei

What ever u said nae mameun teojil deutae (sorry)
geureoke soljikhage da teoreonochi mara (sorry)
nado halmareun manha jajonsimman apsewo (I'm sorry)
bonsimeun da bultaewo nunmure jeojeun pyojeong (ohhoo)
ttawin ijeneun jibeo chiwo

dwineutge chakhancheokhaneun (Sorry)
nunmul yeongireul haneun (Sorry)
geureon geojitmal hajima
dokhage nappeuge malhagi jeone oh

naega meonjeo (naega meonjeo
geurae naega meonjeo (naega meonjeo
heeojija malhago neoreul cha beoril kkeoya
naega meonjeo (naega meonjeo
geurae naega meonjeo (naega meonjeo
niga beorigi jeone 
meonjeo kkeutnaejago malhal kkeoya

(Kai) Get away Get away Get away Get away (Get away)
Get away Get away Get away Get away (jebal kkeojyeodallago)
Get away Get away Get away Get away (Oh~ Get away)
Get away Get away Get away Get away (nan neo eobsi jal salsu itdago~)

naega meonjeo 
geurae naega meonjeo

(hey~naega meonjeo (naega meonjeo)
sasil naega meonjeo (naega meonjeo)
(oh ho~tteonal mameun eobseosseo ajik saranghanikka (saranghanikka)
naega meonjeo (naega meonjeo)
sasil naega meonjeo (naega meonjeo)
(mmmhmmmneoreul saranghaetjanha neo (Hyehyun/Sumin) hanae ulgo utdeon najanha

ije eieiei
ije eieiei
 (oh ho)
naege eieiei (oh oh~)
ije eieiei (oh)

sasireun Want me back
but u hurt me bad so sad 
ni heunjeogi gotgose In my bed
gaseum sok apeumi kkeurheo sumi meomchwo
byeonhan ni sarangi naui haengbogeul humchyeo

geojitmal gateun sarangeul sone jwigo nochi motago 
algo inneundedo itji motago
salgo inneun nado babo gateun jitgeorirago 
sigani jinado gyesok geuriul geot gatdago

"Wow!" Kai applauded after the song ended. "Soli's Vocal line isn't a joke after all! Taro-ah, Aimee-ah, you two did awesome too."

"Awh thanks Jongin-ah." Hyehyun cooed as she pinched the dancer's cheek. "You were daebak as always."

"You guys always end up surprising me." A voice rung out. The members and Kai looked towards the door to see Seulyong clapped her hands with the other members in tow. Sori and Bara seemed to to awaken from sleep, since the two girls were yawning and rubbing their eyes. Tiao Ning was dressed in sweatpants and a cropped shirt, no doubt coming from the other practice room. "Taro-ah, you are just too cute~"

Hotaru flinched when Seulyong grabbed her in a hug. "Unnie..."

Everyone chuckled as they watched a frantic Hotaru push off Seulyong. Seulyong...was just quirky that most members find it weird if not annoying. But they didn't deny she was a good leader.

"Since we're all here, lets do a cover." Aimee shouted out, hugging unto a sleep deprived Sori.

"Waeeee?" Sori huffed, letting out a sigh. "Can't you see that I just woke up? Can't we rest more since we have our debut stage on M!Coutdown tomorrow?"

"No way!" Aimee exclaimed. "Tomorrow is our debut stage, so we need to be pumped!"

"No time like the present Sori." Seulyong muttered as she went to the auxilliary cable and hooked the wire into her phone. Searching through her playlist, Yuntue came next to her and suggested a song. "Sounds good. The boys will definitely like it."

"Another male song?" Bara asked as she stretched. "Group?"

"Do we know the song?" Tiao Ning cocked her head to the side and siddled up behind Seulyong, resting her head on the leader's shoulder as she watched the older girl's index finger swiping the screen. "Geurimja?"

"Shadow?" Sumin blinked a couple of times before looking at Yuntue and the leader. "As in Beast? The song we practiced a couple of weeks ago?"

"Yeppers." Seulyong took her place in the back, the hand mic in her hands. She bent down and rolled up on side of her sweatpants. "My prowess is unstoppable!"

"Oh lord." Aimee muttered, the others chuckling. Once she got into the moment, it was hard to make their leader back down. "I'm game if everyone else is."

"Why not?" Hyehyun got into position and adjusted the mic. "Let's show everyone that we can be a versatile group."

"Drop the beat!" Tiao Ning pumped her fist into the air, as the members slowly nodded their heads and agreed to do a cover.

After several quibbles and the agreement that they would go back to sleep and rest for their debut stage for M!Coutdownthe next day, the nine members of Solibaljeon got into a more expanded dance position. Kai, who was quite amused about his noonas, chingu, and dongsaengs doing a cover, sat next to the stereo and watched the girls. He whipped out his phone and began recording as the girls' went in to cover Beast's Shadow. (Its a cover I did haha. Its horrible I know.)

(SeulSori, SuminHyehyunYuntueBaraTiao NingHotaruAimee)

Shadow Shadow 
Because I’m a shadow shadow shadow

Ha, Rainy Cloudy No light 
Darkness day and night neo ddeonabeorin
geuddaebuteo eojjeomyeon 
Maybe nae jonjae jachega eobseojyeotji
Back in the day hwachanghan nalssi 
hwaryeohan bulbit
hangsang ne gyeote isseotji
naega isseotji naega

Cause I’m shadow shadow shadow

Give me the light light light
You are ma ma ma sunrise 
neo eobtneun nan amugeotdo anya
neon nae majimak You’re my last 

eonjekkajina You’re my last
nega bulgirirado nan ddwieodeulge

neowa naui jeo haneureul geomge 
muldeurin jeo ibyeoreul eoseo jiwojwo

deo isang naega dagagal su eobtge 
neoreul barabol su eobtge
ne gyeote meomulgo sipeo
Because I’m a shadow shadow shadow

ganjeolhage wonhago itneunde 
nunbusyeotdeon geuddaero na doragallae

geurimjacheoreom hangsang hamkkeyeotdeon 
areumdaun ne misoga nal bichudeon
Because I’m a shadow shadow shadow

Early in the morning 
oneuldo yeoksi The sun is hiding
bicheun sarajyeotji neol derigoseo
jeo jeo meolliro

Cause I’m shadow shadow shadow

Give me the light light light
You are ma ma ma sunrise 
neo eobtneun nan amugeotdo anya
neon nae majimak You’re my last 

eonjekkajina You’re my last
nega bulgirirado nan ddwieodeulge

neowa naui jeo haneureul geomge 
muldeurin jeo ibyeoreul eoseo jiwojwo

deo isang naega dagagal su eobtge 
neoreul barabol su eobtge
ne gyeote meomulgo sipeo
Because I’m a shadow shadow shadow

ganjeolhage wonhago itneunde 
nunbusyeotdeon geuddaero na doragallae

geurimjacheoreom hangsang hamkkeyeotdeon 
areumdaun ne misoga nal bichudeon
Because I’m a shadow shadow shadow

Erase erase ijeo jiwo 
ijen ijen sirheo miwo
Fall fall fallin’ down faded faded faded
I’m not a vampire not a night ghost
eodum soge heuneukkyeo ne ireum bureugo
uriga dasi hamkke hagireul gidaryeo

Cause a shadow shadow shadow

Oh neoreul itneundaneun geon 
na yeoksi jiwojindaneun geol

neowa naui jeo haneureul geomge 
muldeurin jeo ibyeoreul eoseo jiwojwo

(Oh whoa~ yeah~) deo isang naega dagagal su eobtge 
neoreul barabol su eobtge
ne gyeote meomulgo sipeo

Because I’m a shadow shadow shadow

ganjeolhage wonhago itneunde 
nunbusyeotdeon geuddaero na doragallae

geurimjacheoreom hangsang hamkkeyeotdeon 
areumdaun ne misoga nal bichudeon
Because I’m a shadow shadow shadow
Because I’m a shadow shadow shadow


HOME | NEWS | GALLERY | RECAP | EXCLUSIVE | FORUMS | SHOP |         language | français | español | português | العربيةاة
 

Rookie Girl Group Solibaljeon Shows Off Versatility in "Shadow" Cover

Suzy Shows Her Support for GOT7 with a Beautiful Selca

After releasing their debut MV "What Should I Do?" on the company's and Solibaljeon's official YouTube channel a day ago, SM Entertainment's newest girl group, Solibaljeon, shows off some amazing skills in their cover of Beast's Shadow.

The cover was uploaded by no other than EXO's Kai, who just happened to be in there. He comments, 'The noonas, Hyemin-chingu, and dongsaengs take Seoul by storm kekeke.'  EXO's Chanyeol also commented, 'My noona dances better than me huhuhu...'

Gearing up for their debut stage for M!Countdown tomorrow, the nine girls were energized and all had time to shine in the cover. Netizens are applauding their change from their cute dance in their debut song to a feirce powerful dance in their cover, saying that the girls can adapt to a different change of concept pretty well. In the cover, we can see that the girls emit some powerful charisma.

Beast's Doojoon, after having been sent the video, commented, 'Daebak. You girls did amazing~ Rooting for Solibaljeon!'

After having watching it, what do you think?

 EXO    Beast    Shadow    SMent    CubeEnt    Solibaljeon 

 

 

Kaibiased

Beast fangirls? or is one of them dating a Beast member? Nah can't be...

 

-bloomingx3

They're pretty good. After watching their debut mv, I really didn't like the dance style but after watching this cover, my opinion kinda changed. I'm surprised that they can cover a male song!

 

Powerofnineangels

Still prefer Beast, even though I'm not a fan. Solibaljeon's cover looked too choppy and unsynchronised. Not enough practice haha

Miunyannyan

I think they good considering this song looks hard. Ofc Prepix dances are hard. I give them props. Although it's not as smooth as Beast (It's their song ofc they gonna be better), I think the girls were pretty good.

Derp247

Whatever. How is this good? It's just a bunch of Beast fangirls dancing to a Beast song. and it's not even good. Is this their way of promoting for Beast whose going to have a comeback next month in May? Should have done an EXO cover to promote their sunbaes who have a comeback this month. Shame on them.



 

authors' note
I originally was going to have the vocal line do a cover to Code-V's Tell You Honestly... But I went through my list of countless of Korean songs (I kept skipping through Beast, Beast, Beast, Beast, Beast, EXO, Infinite, Beast, Beast, Topp Dogg, BTS, Topp Dogg, Beast....) if you hadn't guessed by now,  I'm a huge B2uty lol. Anyway,  as I went through my songs,  I came across Gilme's Me First, which I haven't heard in like awhile. So I definitely made the vocal line cover this beautiful song~ naega meonjeo~
I also did a little article LOL. How is it? Some comments are harsh but what do you expect? Some netizens are pretty mean. Had to use a dance cover for the video so yeah... The video I linked before the cc lyrics for Shadow is a cover I did. Lol its horrible I know.
Sori i'm sorry i updated. you can write the next chapter....
~ Linda
 
 
Sorry for not updating in a while, I know it was actually my turn to write a chapter >.<. I actually wrote two pages of their debut stage today but I'm not finished yet.  Sorry!
~ Sori