Introducing the Fifth Member

소리 발전 Solibaljeon {Hallyu Sound Evolution} | SM Entertainment's New Girlgroup

HOME | NEWS | GALLERY | RECAP | EXCLUSIVE | FORUMS | SHOP |                                       language | français | español | português | العربيةاة
 

Solibaljeon's Second Main Vocalist

Suzy Shows Her Support for GOT7 with a Beautiful Selca
 
 

Following the revelations of members Aimee, YunWish, and Bara, SM Entertainment has revealed their fifth member for their newest girl group, Solibaljeon. The member's profile is titled "Solibal's Ice Princess Minnie".

Minnie, whose real name is Kim Sumin, was born on September 17, 1991 in Seoul and was raised in Seattle, Washington. She is one of the few members who speaks fluent English, fluent Korean and is conversational in Chinese.
 
Minnie was scouted in Seattle after a piano recital. 
Looks like this member is very talented playing the piano! Minnie holds the second Main Vocalist position. She has a more contrasting voice compared to Wish. Whereas Wish favors soulful ballads, Minnie prefers to immerse herself in more upbeat music. But she does have a very soulful voice even when she sings ballads and RnBs! Her cover of Beast's On Rainy Days prove that!
 
One of the other members, whose name will not be mentioned (you'll have to wait for it), cheered for Sumin as she participated on a music show with 3 other trainees. Seems like Minnie is quite comfortable on stage.
 
Minnie is the fifth member to be revealed and the sixth member to join the group.
 
Check out some of the videos! What do you think about her?
 

 

 SMent    Solibaljeon   Teaser/Leak    Beast 

Doojoooooooo^^

Wow. She's amazing! And she covered my favorite Beast song?! Any member covering my favorite group gets brownies. Her voice is simply amazing.

DreamCatcherS

She has a very Beyoncé feel to her voice. I'm totally digging her deep vocals. Her rapping could improve more. I mean it was a good attempt but no one, and I mean NO ONE, can rap Junhyung's rap better than Junhyung.

SKarfsssss

Her dancing hahaha. Shes trying a little too hard to be y. But much respect for her voice ^^

After listening to Yun and Wish, I'd hafta say Minnie is my favorite. Her voice is literally to die for~

  ____________________________________________________________________________________

introduction 5

 

Minnie

 

"I'm getting a kick out of these responses." Sumin muttered to herself as she browsed through her phone's web browser. It hadn't even been less than a few hours when the responses for her debut was posted on the homepage. She didn't think people would like her voice that much.

 

"Whatcha looking at?" One of her group members and her best friend, peeked over her shoulder to stare at the large, vibrant screen of Sumin's Galaxy S4. "Ooooh~ they posted your profile already?! And they used that amazing cover of Beast's song you did?!"

 

"Calm down," a small smile crept on Minnie's face before slowly biting her lip to stop the facial gesture. She cautiously looked at Seulyong, Solibaljeon's leader. "Why are you so excited about my profile? What about the others?"

 

"Theirs were amazing too. Yun's caught my eyes the most." Seulyong sat across from her. The two girls were decked out in sweatpants and cropped shirts, tennis shoes and had their hair up in ponytails. Sitting in the practice room, mere weeks from their scheduled debut, the members of Solibaljeon were in the midst of heavy practice. "I get excited about everyone's profile. Betcha anything mines gonna ."

 

Minnie shook her head at her friend's comment and continued to surf her phone. The comments only kept flooding. Most of them complimented her voice, others criticized her rapping, and some of it talked about her dancing being cute instead of y. Well excuse her for not having a S-line like the others or being a good rapper. She thought her rapping was fine, the other rappers in the group having verified it.

 

"Well, I'm not all that impressed about my profile." Minnie shrugged, slowly getting to her feet and stretching her limbs. "Seems like the crowd isnt really impressed with my skills."

 

Seulyong gave her a baffled look. "Are you for real? Most of these people wish they had your voice. I mean, come on, I wish I had your voice."

 

"What are you talking about?" Minnie raised her eyebrows. "Your voice is simply amazing. It's deep, powerful, and quite clear."

 

"But I'm not the main vocal."

 

"True..."

 

Seulyong sighed before slowly patting the girl's shoulder. You'll do fine. I believe in you. Besides, I'm rooting for you. Who cares what others say?"

 

"You may not care but others do. If you'll excuse me, I need to start practicing." Minnie let out, turning her back towards the other girl. Before Seulyong could leave however, Minnie glanced up from the stereo system and let out a very rare smile. "But thanks. I really appreciate it."

__________________________________

I'm sorry if its too short. Im not really good with introductions like I thought I was haha.

But I totally realize that we have Younha and Hyorin. And now Ailee?! Man Solibal's gonna kill their tracks and performances~
- Linda

Congrats to Dezilove and Kim Sumin~