Chapter TEN

소리 발전 Solibaljeon {Hallyu Sound Evolution} | SM Entertainment's New Girlgroup

 

Chapter Ten

Nine Girls on their Way to Hallyu Stardom

"Seulyong-ah!" A male voice called out.

As soon as Hotaru turned around, she turned around right back. She didn't imagine seeing him here of all places. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath and silently counted to ten. Maybe this is a dream. As soon as I count to ten I'll wake up and he's actually not there. Maybe it's just stress. Yeah stress.

"Taro? You okay?" Waving a hand in front of her dongsaeng, Seulyong furrowed her eyebrows. Looking at Aimee, the leader sighed in defeat. "It's like she just zoned me out..."

Chuckling, Aimee patted the older girl's back. "Don't worry about it unnie. Besides theres no point in crying over split milk when a Hallyu Star is approaching."

Looking up, Seulyong scowled. What was he doing here? "Yong Jaesoon."

"Didn't I tell you not to call me that Seulyong?!" The Beast rapper widened his eyes before burrowing his face in his hands. "It's so embarrassing!"

"Jaesoon?"

"His real name."

"How'd you know that?"

"Maknae, you forgot that I'm good friends with Beast. And he told one day we went drinking."

"That happened?"

"Yeah... And when we went karaoking on Woonie's birthday, he went crazy."

"Daebak."

"Maknae, don't go drinking with EXO sunbaes, even if Jongdae asks. Their drunk habits are...off the charts. Beast is a different story but EXO... I laugh every time I think about it. By the way did you tell Joonmyun that I hate his hair color?"

"Uh...no. Was I suppose to tell him?"

"Yeah. Blonde only looks good on Dongwoonie."

"You sure are a hardcore B2UTY aren't you, unnie?"

Looking down, Hotaru bit the inside of her cheek and fiddled with the bracelet on her wrist as Seulyong and Aimee chattered on. She wasn't really dreaming then. He was really there. She shouldn't be shy with him since she meets up with Beast every so often. She blamed Seulyong for dragging random members out, claiming that they would go 'eat', or to a company 'mixer', or to the 'supermarket'. But the leader always dragged her members elsewhere, meeting up with the members of Beast or B1A4's Baro.

This time, Seulyong invited the boys out because of their comeback.

Hotaru didn't mind the company. She's rather be surrounded with people, as introverted as she is. More people, the less she can interact in conversations and maybe they'll just ignore her. She was a rising actress yet some people still didn't recognize her.

"Hotaru-ssi?" Junhyung snapped her from her thoughts. "It's nice to see you again."

"Yes..."

"So how's idol life coming?" The older male asked. 

Yong Junhyung was the same age as Seulyong yet he was way more mature than Solibaljeon's leader. It seemed that way at first. When she landed the lead role of Min Seyi in Monstar, Hotaru was rather shy but Junhyung helped her overcome that task bit by bit. That's where she learned a different side of the Beast member, watching him show off his professional side yet being an utterly adorable dork around the cast and crew.

"It's turning out good sunbae." Hotaru softly muttered. Junhyung smiled and she was caught off guard for just a moment.

"Yah! Popping Dragon! Stop flirting!"

"Mwoh?"

"I turn around for one minute and you're flirting with my dongsaeng. Geez, you stubborn man."

"If anyone, you're stubborn! Don't deny it Seulyong-ah." Junhyung scoffed, glaring at the older girl. Moments later, they chuckled. Slinging an arm over her shoulder, he peered at her face. "Seen the comeback MV? What did you think of my awesome work?"

"Yes! And its daebak!!" Seulyong gushed out, giving him a thumbs up. "Everyone looked really cool! Ah, where are the boys?"

"Going to meet us at the cafe." Junhyung muttered, walking alongside the older female. He noticed that the Solibaljeon maknae walked ahead of them. Noticing the lack of another individual, he looked behind him and smile, "Hotaru-ssi, are you coming?"

"Ye-yeh!"

 


Bara was bored right out of her mind. She ended up getting left behind while the others went out. Sighing, she looked at her phone, contemplating if she should call everyone home.

Seulyong pulled out all the stops and invited Beast on a play date before the top idol group officially start their "Good Luck" promotions. She got to listen to the song when their fandol leader got a text message from the Beast members to watch the MV. But Bara couldn't bring herself to really listen or watch it. It was hard enough to pay attention when the childish leader was a huge fangirl and cooing over each member.

A few hours later, Seulyong invited the boys out and dragged the maknaes with her. Poor Hotaru looked like she didn't want to go. Tiao Ning went out as well, saying she was meeting up with trainee friends. Hyehyun got a call from Suho, Baekhyun and Lay, and seemed pretty excited to go meet them. Sumin ended up going as well, tiredly trudging beside her fellow main vocal. Yuntue went to the studio, talking into her phone about her recent composition. And Sori...Bara didn't even know where that unfriendly unnie disappeared off to.

She was in the shower when they all disappeared. Sighing again, she sat on the couch and started playing with the tablet. She then decided that she would watch Beast's Good Luck MV now that she had some peace and quiet. (It's a good comeback~ I'm reminded of their 2009-2011 era~ ahhhh my babies are gorgeous~ This is beautiful... WHY DO YOU LOOK SO FINE YOON DOOJOON? Kikwangie~ ermahgosh /endless spazzing)

"I think I know her infatuation with Beast. I never knew they were this handsome." Bara said to herself, quite absorbed in watching the intriguing music video. She heard stories from her leader about the group being complete dorks but watching this music video, Bara wondered how they could be anything but professional. This is what she hope for Solibaljeon to be. A group of this high caliber.

"Checking out Seullie's namja?" A voice muttered right behind her. It had that annoying high pitched to it and Bara knew exactly who it was.

"Whoa! Sori-unnie where'd you come from?" Bara jumped in her seat and stared at the lead rapper as she removed her shoes and picked up a plastic bag that laid at her feet before walking towards the couch.

"I was at the convenience store." Sori straight out said, placing the bag on the floor. Sitting cross-legged on the floor, she took out a cold can from the bag. "I bought you some tea. You were taking a shower so I couldn't ask you what you wanted."

"Thanks." Bara took the beverage and opened it. Sometimes Sori surprised her. She knew the older girl was quite annoying and mean to some of the other members but she was a nice girl at heart. And sometimes days like this were the momentous ones. "So what's this about unnie's namja?"

"This one," Sori pointed to a Beast member with lighter spiked hair, dressed all in black and showing off his killer biceps. They had to pause the video at certain angles to catch the man in question. "Unnie kept staring at Yoon Doojoon-ssi."

"I thought she said there was nothing going on with him?" Bara asked, looking at the lead rapper. Their leader did say nothing was going on with. Only that they were very good friends.

"She's lying. While she fangirled over all the other members, she went space cadet on Doojoon. You didn't notice?" Sori raised her eyebrows.

"Uh uh." Bara shook her head. Seizing her phone that laid next to her, she dialed Seulyong's number. After talking to her for several moments, she frowned.

"Tell her not to come pregnant. I'm not going to start babysitting a demon child." Sori suggested.

"Demon child?" Bara questioned at Sori's choice of word for a baby.

"Any child of Seulyong and Doojoon will be a demon child. Wild, erted, and out of control like both parents."

After relaying the message, Bara giggled. "She said no cookies for you unnie. She stole your cookie rights."

"What! PARK SEULYONG YOU CAN'T DO THAT!"

 


It was loud in the club they ended up going to after they ate at the cafe and the maknaes went off with Yoseob somewhere. Seulyong wasn't really worried that her youngest members went off with a man. Yang Yoseob knew better than to hit on her members. If anything, the Beast members were more scared of Seulyong than their own leader.

"What's wrong?" Nuzzling against her neck, Doojoon inhaled her feminine scent and began raining with kisses. They had reserved a private room for Beast and company but somehow only two people occupied it. "Are you worried about your dongsaengs?"

"Not really... Seobbie knows better. Besides, he and Woonie are the only ones I can trust to keep an eye on them." Seulyong said before lightly pushing her boyfriend away. "Doojoon...Stop it! That tickles!"

"It's good that the boys went off somewhere. Yoseob and Dongwoon are keeping your dongsaeng's company. Hyunseung's probably dancing and Junhyung's probably sulking off in a corner with Kikwang who's most likely being an embarrassment again." Doojoon summed up. He drew her closer, resulting in her straddling his lap.

"I'm envious." Seulyong lightly laughed. She kissed him softly on the lips. "You seem to know your members very well."

"And you don't? Don't you like them?" Doojoon asked, running his hands down her sides and caressing her in places that only he could touch.

"Its not that, stupid." She gave him a grimace and lightly slapped his chest. "I like all my members but its hard to manage eight girls. They're all so different and most of them don't see eye to eye on matters. They squabble constantly, they tend to ignore each other, and sometimes they tend to annoy me."

"Haha, my baby has problems." Doojoon chuckled and gave her a light hug because she was darn cute. "Seulyonggie~"

"Wait!" Seulyong pushed him away lightly, her phone in her hand. "One of the girls calling me. Yeobosaeyo? Bara? NO! I am not going out with Doojoon! I am not denying it. Mwoya! Tell Sori that if she says something ridiculous like that again, I'm stealing her cookie rights. No cookies for her. Arasseo, I'll give you a call when we're heading back."

"What was that?" Her boyfriend asked as soon as she hung up.

"You remember Sori right? The one you met when I brought her for Woonie's birthday?" Seulyong asked, Doojoon nodding his head. "Well she said don't come home pregnant. That girl...sometimes I don't know what to do with her."

"Should we...?" Doojoon initiated, as he cupped her cheek.

"Eww get a room you two." Dongwoon disgustingly groaned out. He was empty handed and no one was behind him. Seeing the looks that he was getting, he nodded his head towards the door. "Yoseob-hyung is keeping them company. But seriously, you guys are almost 25, go get married or something."

"You just want to get rid of me to be leader huh?" Doojoon teasingly joked, in which Dongwoon chuckled.

"Yes. I'm kidding.No seriously hyung. You and noona either need to get another room, get married, or something. I advise you to do that when you get home. Not here in public where EVERYONE could see you." Dongwoon leaned against the door and nodded his head up and down. "Noona, if your members catch you, it'll be hell."

Sulking, Seulyong nodded. She unstraddled Doojoon's lap and sat next to him instead, her fingers lightly tapping her namja's hard thigh. "You're right Woonie. Besides, when did you grow up, giving your noona a lecture? Just yesterday you were still like a cute baby to me~"

"Noona!"

"So explain the whole bed scene? First time I've seen a Beast member doing a bed scene."

Doojoon chuckled as his group's maknae blushed and sat down. He waved as Junhyung and Kikwang also came into the room. Of course the other two would give Doojoon and Seulyong looks but if they weren't eating each other's faces out in front of them, they didn't seem to mind. He felt Seulyong's fingers slowly drumming against his thigh and he just wanted to squeeze it but restrained himself. He was going to ask where Hyunseung was but stopped when the man in question came in with a flustered Yoseob and Hotaru and very hyped up Aimee.

"Taro? You okay?" Seulyong asked, retreating her fingers from Doojoon's touch. Damn it...

Hotaru turned a darker shade of red. Yoseob looked flustered but upon looking further, he was actually embarrassed for her. "Hyun...Hyunseung-ssi..."

"He danced all in front of her. She's the type to get shy huh?" Yoseob chuckled. Little did he know that she anything but shy.

Hotaru sat down next to Seulyong and hung her head. Aimee sat next to her, striking up a conversation with Kikwang and Junhyung. Yoseob spoke out, "What did you ladies think of our comeback music video?"

"It was really good. I enjoyed it." Hotaru softly said but the boys could hear her loud and clear.

"It's cool sunbaes! Just what you would expect from top idols!" Aimee excitingly exclaimed.

"What did you get from the storyline?" Junhyung asked, curious as to what the girls' opinions were.

"Lovers?" Hotaru muttered.

"Betrayal?" Aimee put in.

"Yoon Leader is seeing this one girl. So they had a date and then she fell asleep in room 2046. Doojoon went out. Then later Kikwang spies on Dongwoon and the girl making out in room 2047, so he goes tell Doojoon. Bad Kikwang, you don't tell on the maknae. Now Doojoon is debating if he wants to go in the room or not. Grow some balls Doojoon, Woonie's the maknae for goodness sake. Junhyung is a player surrounded with a whole bunch of girls, then end up getting stabbed by the chick closest to him. Really Hyunggie? Should've seen this coming. She must be Yoseob's lover but she's a spy and she's out to get every Beast member. Yoseob she doesn't love you. Not at all. Hyunseung...was just there. Poor aegi..."

It was awkward silence as the boys, Hotaru, and Aimee considered Seulyong's story and endless ranting. She got all that from a music video?

Doojoon ruffled her hair, chuckling like he just saw a funny movie. "That's some story, Yonggie. You read too many books."

"Not my fault that's what I got from the music video. Geez. Couldn't Kikwang not peeked on the maknae? He was becoming a man." Seulyong rearranged her hair.

"Noona!"

"Unnie!"

"Is she always like this?" Kikwang lightly laughed as he looked towards Aimee. "I've known her since our trainee days and she still surprises me."

"Most of the time she rambles about about younger groups. But you sunbaes are relatively older than the members of Solibaljeon, so this is the first time that I see unnie tease an older idol. Especially in person."

"Dongwoon is considered her aegi." Junhyung put in, making the younger girl laugh. Junhyung noticed how silent Hotaru was, and slowly got her into a conversation of acting.

"He's being considerate." Seulyong said to Doojoon as she gestured to the rapper. Everyone else was deep in conversation, so they left the leaders to talk. The boys hoped they didn't do anything crazy; they did not want the younger girls scarred for life.

"You think he likes her?"

"I don't know. But if they hit off, then Hotaru will know about us. And I'll be so embarrassed."

"You and I both."

authors' note

Short update? Yeah... LOL
I couldn't help it. I had to write a Beast related chapter. I HAD TO.
They just had their combeack so how could I not write it? Ugh, those boys are killing me with feels.
I thought it would be amusing. I'm sorry.... Next chapter I'll refocus on the group :)
Please bear with my feels LOL. But you gotta admit that's some story Seulyong got from the music video^^
I promise next chapter will focus back on Solibaljeon.

~Linda (BEAST FTW!)