Chapter SIX

소리 발전 Solibaljeon {Hallyu Sound Evolution} | SM Entertainment's New Girlgroup

Chapter Six

How to Love, how special are we?

It was one of those rare days when rookie groups had some time off despite their heavy schedules. Tired to actually go out anywhere, the nine girls of Solibaljeon lounged around their dorm doing certain activities that suited them.

Hyehyun was hunched over her composition book with Yuntue sitting across from her, both girls had earphones on and was either jotting music notes or writing lyrics. Hotaru was going over the stage performance from their debut stage that Mir had sent them on the tablet, studying how she could have improved better on her stage presence. Sori sat at the dining table, playing on her phone and listening to the other five girls that were gathered in the living room.

Taking up the most space on the black couch situated in the living room, Seulyong scoffed as she watched the drama reruns that were playing on the TV at the moment. Aimee sat on the other black yet smaller couch with Bara next to her and Tiao Ning laid on the floor with a pillow supporting her elbows with Sumin beside her, huddled in her grey blankets and sleeping soundly like a baby. The other four girls were watching 'Let's Eat' in which Beast's Yoon Doojoon finished wrapped up filming.

"Wah! Doojoon-sunbae is so cool!" Aimee shouted out as she shrilled in awe.

"That dork cool? He's such a babo..." Seulyong muttered, the others barely hearing her since she had the large couch to herself. She held the pillow that was in her lap and held it to so the others didn't hear her comment.

"Soo Kyung-unnie is an awesome actress. Don't you think?" Bara questioned, amazed by the actress' acting.

"Yep! I think she's great!" Tiao Ning agreed, moving around quite alot causing Sumin to stir from her nap. Tiao Ning quieted down and patted her roommates back, as if she was hushing a fussy babe.

"She's not all that great...." Seulyong breathlessly mumbled, watching the comedic moment on the TV.

"I love the chemistry between them!" Tiao Ning voiced out, squealing in delight as soon as the kiss aired a few episodes later. Sumin stirred, opening her sleepy eyes slightly before closing them.

"What chemistry? Like that loser has any chemistry with girls-" Seulyong huffed, her hands reaching for her phone in her sweatpants. She pulled it out and began texting someone. As usual.

"Did you say anything unnie?" Bara asked, glancing at the leader.

"Nope."

"Who are you always texting?" Aimee wondered.

"A variety of idols. Junhyungie, Kris, Rome, C.A.P, Gayoonie, Sojin-unnie, and more."

"I heard that Doojoon-sunbae is dating an idol." Sori called out, looking up from her phone occasionally to watch the drama.

"What?" Seulyong hastily turned her attention to the lead rapper. "Where'd you hear that from?"

"It's just a rumor Yongie." Sori shrugged. "I just heard it around the building that's all."

"Seob would have told me... And Kiki too... And Woonie would have already texted me about it... Can't count on Junhyungie to do anything... And Hyunseung is...Hyunseung." Seulyong muttered to herself as she frowned at her phone, clearly deep in thought. Sori found this unamusing and narrowed her eyes at the leader.

"Yah!" Sori yelled out, trying to startle Seulyong but to no avail. Sori only managed to wake up a very bothered Sumin as the main vocal threw her pillow at Sori's face while mumbling for the lead rapper to shut up. "Ow Sumin! Geez my precious face..."

"Wah! I always wanted to see sunbae go public." Aimee exclaimed, ignoring the commotion.

"I don't...." The leader scowled, only for Yuntue to look up at the older girl and lift an eyebrow, questioning what was going on. "Stupid Yoon Doojoon."

"Say something unnie?" Hotaru asked momentarily, looking up from the tablet.

Seulyong shook her head, and hit the pillow in her lap. "Ani... I find it weird if Doojoon was really dating. It'd be awkward if Beast and I were hanging out and his girlfriend got jealous or something."

"Why are you calling sunbae by his name?" Aimee asked. "Perhaps you and-"

"Yah!" Seulyong threw the pillow at the maknae, the latter catching it and hugging it to her chest. "There's nothing going on with me and Doojoon. We're just good chingus."

"Sureeeeee." Sori drawled out, chuckling as she did so. She always found it fun to tease Seulyong. "You did train with him back at Cube. Maybe you two are- oof! What was that for?"

"I HAVE NO RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT STUPID YOON DOOJOON!" 

"Wae?" Bara asked, her attention now at the unnie line fighting over something ridiculous.

"His jokes are stupid and he isn't funny at all." Seulyong started.

"Reminds me of someone here." Sori raised an eyebrow.

"He's a weirdo."

"Like you." 

"And he's a ert."

"Definitely like you."

"And his is-"

"Eww unnie! We don't need to know that you check out sunbae's bottom!" Tiao Ning exclaimed, covering her ears and interrupted the ramblings of her unnies.

"You sick . I see why you hang out with Beast-sunbaes a lot. Beast abs huh?" Sori teased again, Seulyong throwing her a dirty look.

"Do you all wanna die?" Seulyong muttered and threw on her tennis shoes and headed for the door, grabbing her purse and keys.

"You're good friends with all Cube artists." Bara chuckled as as she pulled the covers up over Aimee, muttering how it was a little cold. She looked up. "Where are you going unnie?"

"EXO! Text from Kris!" The leader shouted as she ran out the door. "Be back later!"

"Don't stay out too late! We have a schedule tomorrow at SSTP-" Hyehyun called, pulling her earphones out, just to see the door close behind the leader. "And she's gone."

 


"Noona."

"Suminnie~"

"AYO, NOONA!"

"Park Chanyeol..." Sumin mumbled as she stood still in her tracks. She was on her way to the practice rooms to rehearse their stages prior to their SSTP schedule but some of the EXO members stopped her.

"Did you say my name noona?" Chanyeol asked as he went closer to the main vocal.

"Want me to tell unnie?" The question was low but Chanyeol felt the emotion within it. Did something happened to Sumin ro make her somewhat irritated? Did Sori make fun of her again? Did his noona leave her alone somewhere? Did she wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

"Ah...no." The tall male rapper scratched his head. "Noona will throw a fit like always. But I'm her favorite brother!"

"You're her only brother." Baekhyun chuckled as he swung an arm around Sumin's shoulders. "Hey Sumin-noona."

"H-hey..." Sumin looked down. She didn't know why she was stuttering. It was Byun Baekhyun for geezes sake! But she was always shy around Baekhyun. It surprised both of them that they should have reunited as trainees since both main vocals attended their last year of high school together. "What are you guys doing here anyway? Chanyeol, don't even answer the question."

"We were on our way to meet up with Nana and Jongdae." Luhan, who shrugged off his sweater due to the heat, said as he strolled next to Chanyeol. "And you Sumin-ah?"

"Oh." Sumin breathed out. She was a little glad that they weren't looking for her. "I was on my way to the practice room before going to our schedule for SSTP."

"You're welcome to come join us Suminnie." Luhan smiled at her as he swept a hand through his fine locks. "I'm sure a couple of minutes wouldn't hurt."

"Yeah come hang with us!"

"It won't be awkward." Baekhyun grinned at her. Sumin felt her heart beat a little. "Aimee will be there so it won't be awkward."

She really wanted to but she didn't want to stand out. A rookie idol hanging around three popular and gorgeous idols spelled trouble. It would cause so much rumors that Sumin felt like it would be a scandal or some sort. Of course she had nothing against her sunbaes; she was just naturally introverted. She wondered why Luhan and Chanyeol were so friendly with her even though she was practically an ice-cold witch to them.

And Aimee would be there. Solibaljeon's maknae was special and very hyped up. The only other person she knew that was hyped up was Tiao Ning and Seulyong. Maybe, just maybe, hanging around Aimee would make her gain some sort of  confidence when talking to people.

"Ok." She nodded, still conscious of Baekhyun's arms around her shoulder. "I'll go."

 


Bara sighed as she looked towards the door. Open, open. Where are the others at? Leave it to the unnie line  and the maknae to leave the vocal line, main dancer and visual with Bara. They had a schedule for SSTP Radio to promote their debut song but four out of nine members weren't even present. Glancing at Hyehyun, Yuntue, Hotaru and Tiao Ning, the main rapper sighed again, checking her watch and then her cellphone. Unnie, hurry and call!

"Oh!"

"Noonas!"

"Mwoh?" Yuntue looked at the direction of male voices that called them out. Noona again? Yuntue knew that she was a '92-er and she felt relatively older than the maknae line and other  female idols that were younger than her. But most male idols she met were all older than her. Apart from that weird Zico dude she met a couple days ago. "Noona?"

Hotaru shrugged as she heard Yuntue mutter the word under her breath. She was part of the maknae line, along with Tiao Ning, so was there a way she could be a noona? Looking at the seven males that entered the studio, she noticed they all ranged in different ages. Slightly. "Anhyeonghaseyo."

"Anhyeong!" The seven males exclaimed, bowing 90° and taking a seat opposite from them. They all had the same type of haircut from what Solibaljeon could see, although they each had a different color hair. Three of them had colors that ranged in three shades of brown, one had a natural black color, one had a burgundy color, another had a startling white color, and the last had a fading orange color. Delinquents perhaps? They looked pretty young.

They looked familiar. As if they saw them somewhere... But where?

"Hyung? Do you see Seul-noona anywhere?" The boy with fading orange hair asked. He knew Seulyong? Bara wasn't the least surprised since their leader was practically a social flirt and knew more groups than anyone else in their group. Looking back at the boy, the girls thought he was the youngest despite his deep voice.

"Waeyo?" Another asked, Bara noticing that he answered in a Satoori accent.

"I need to talk to her about something."

"It's always Seul-noona with you." One of them, the visual of the group from what Bara could see, teased the orange hair boy. "I don't see her amongst her members. Besides, we're being rude. We haven't introduced ourselves yet."

"Ah! You're right Seokjin-hyung!" Turning to face them, the seven males chorused, "Uri Bangtan Sonyeodan!"

"Bang...Tan?" Hotaru questioned. Why did that group sound so familiar?

"Sonyeodan?" Tiao Ning cocked her head to the side.

Hyehyun contemplated for a moment. Then it hit her. "Oh! Haruman!"

"Yes!"

"Noona, you know our song?" Jimin excitingly asked, jumping up and down.

"Deh." Hyehyun nodded then chuckled holding up one finger.  "Well, only one song."

"Noonas?" Yuntue asked. Since she was practically new to the Idol world, she didn't know anything about other groups. Granted these boys were considered rookies as well, but they all looked a little older or the same age as Solibaljeon, despite the leader being an '89-er.

"Well, Seul-noona is older than our hyung by three years..." One muttered. He was all smiles. "Ah! I'm Jeon Jungkook, the maknae."

"He's only sixteen," Seokjin, the visual from earlier, replied. He started to introduce the members by stating them in descending age. "I'm Jin, the oldest at twenty-two. This is Suga, the next oldest at twenty-one, then J-Hope at twenty, Rap Monster at nineteen, Jimin and V at seventeen,  and Jungkook at sixteen."

"Wow," Hyehyun muttered with wide-eyes, "They're younger than most of our group members."

"Noona... I'm never going to live a day being called noona by a sunbae." Hotaru grumbled from her seat, closing her eyes.

"I thought there were nine members in Solibaljeon?" Suga mentally counted the members of the girl group.

"Of course," Hyehyun sighed. "But the others haven't shown up yet."

"I'M HERE!" Seulyong ran into the room, panting from being out of breath. Noticing the other group that they were with for SSTP, the leader cried out. "BANGTAN! NOONA IS HERE!"

"Oh lord... Here goes her crazy pedonoona feels..." Sumin groaned out as she followed after Seulyong.

Sori and Aimee followed suit, chuckling as they watched the leader smother the male dongsaengs with hugs and questions. Aimee took a seat by Hotaru, the other late members with the exception of Seulyong, also sat. "I'm still amazed that unnie knows BTS."

"Us too."

authors' note

Linda here! Here comes some BTS/Soli feels lol. No? Just me? Haha

So its actually a 2-part chapter... It got too long so I had to split it lol. If you noticed, I write more dialogue compared to description. I thing I kinda at description lol.

I leave the whole reality/realistic scenes for Sori to write. Lol I'm more comedy/romance/drama than angst/realistic/drama. Yeah....

Anyway hope you all like. Feel free to let us know how we can improve~ btw, have you heard Bangtan's Just One Day? Oh the feels for these dongsaengs!