Chapter TWO

소리 발전 Solibaljeon {Hallyu Sound Evolution} | SM Entertainment's New Girlgroup
Chapter Two
This Song is For You

(listen to Topp Dogg's Cigarette (the mv) while reading lyrics. Just imagine girl's singing it. The video I linked is a fancam of a live performance (not all members are present) But look at that cutie Yano~)

"Check... One. Two. Three."

"Ahhhhhhhhhh~"

"Do re mi fa sol la ti do~"

"Uh yeah..."

"Bbrrrrr rah!"

Seul, Sori, Bara, Aimee and Tiao Ning warmed up their voices before starting their cover. Solibaljeon had a habit of covering female and male groups' songs and the rapper line was no exception. Today was the day that the girls would actually upload a cover. They had a break from filming since Hyehyun, who wasn't the best dancer of the group, had a slight injury from filming the dance scenes. So the staff and SM made an official statement that would delay the debut until Hyehyun was able to film again.

In the meantime, the female group's rapper line and Tiao Ning had decided to show some of their talents before the official debut. They were in the practice room, where five of the nine members were rehearsing for debut. Regardless of Hyehyun's small injury, the others still practiced hard.

The five girls then decided to take a break on rehearsal and practice for their special stage that they would perform on their showcase. The five were exceptional in dancing and rapping; Sori and Bara were the main and lead rappers, Aimee and Tiao Ning the main and lead dancers, and Seulyong was considered both although she was more of a vocalist if anything.

"Topp Dogg's Cigarette?" Sori asked the others confirmation before looking for the official instrumental before they started filming. "Did everyone practice hard enough?"

"I think everyone is ready." Bara nodded as she adjusted the microphone to her taste. She liked using the handheld mic instead of the headmics since it gave her more flow and breathing control when she rapped. "Whoot! Rapper line's awesome rapping skills~"

"And Seul-unnie's amazing vocals." Tiao Ning giggled as she gave the older female a thumbs up. She wasn't the best of singers she had to admit so she often relied on her dancing. "She's gonna rock this song."

"My voice isn't that amazing. I'm not even the main vocal or lead." Seulyong muttered as she placed her earphones on, one side plugged into her ear so she can hear herself when she sang. "My voice is too low and nasally and I can't the high notes or anything."

"But out of us five, you're outstanding." Aimee agreed with Tiao Ning. It was true though. If these five girls were a sub-unit, Seulyong would be the main vocalist. Aimee herself wasn't that bad; but if she was compared to Seulyong, or even with the main and lead vocals, she would just be an embarrassment. The leader had a lot of potential. "Why aren't you a main or lead vocal unnie?"

"Me?" Seulyong pointed to herself. "I don't think I'm that good. Even though I trained seven years, I'm not up to par like the others. Yuntue is also a lead vocalist and to be honest, I don't think I'm as good as her yet. Besides, I was trained to mostly sing and dance. Then I picked up rapping when I met Sori. And I've been training to rap as well ever since."

"That's a triple threat right there." Sori mumbled as she put on her earphones, the left side dangling against her neck. She gave her friend a glare. "At least YOU can sing."

"Yeah but you can rap, Sori-unnie." Tiao Ning whined, stomping her feet like a little girl while pouting. "I can't even rap to save my life. And I'm not even that great of a singer either."

"You're not that bad, Tiao Ning." Aimee comforted her fellow dancer that was only eleven months older than her. "Besides you're an awesome dancer."

"Let's stop the chit-chat ladies." Bara suggested as she started the instrumental to the song. They signalled their manager to begin filming and then they started singing, rapping, and dancing to Topp Dogg's Cigarette[Click the link]

(SeulSoriBaraTiao NingAimee)

You swim in my cigarette
I draw your face everywhere
You singing in my cigarette
I hear your voice everywhere

This is the first time
neoreul cheoeum bon sungan
buteo nan nege kkeullyeosseo
neol ijeul suga eobseo
And then a last time
jigeum i gonggan
sogeseodo neon nareul yuhokhaji woo

neoneun keopi animyeon jinhan cigarette
nado moreuge tto jungdokdwae like a poison
Facebookeul bomyeo yokhae
ne moseup yeonae jungirago ige museun iriya oh no
namjaneun nabakke moreundago mwo?
i yeou gateun neo kkoriga gilmyeon barphyeo uh
nan yeonae jungeun motaedo narang sagwimyeon
on sesangsaramdeuri alge doel geol uri sai

You swim in my cigarette
My cigarette woo yeah
You swim in my cigarette
My cigarette woo yeah

Aimee! seulmyeosi pieoolla dambaeyeongicheoreom
chumeul chujago dambaeyeongicheoreom
uri dul manui bimil
ttak jalla malhamyeon neon movie
nareul gamdongsikineun
 
gaebangjeogin moseup jikil geon jikineun
geureon yeojaga neo

hancham donganeul dambae taeumyeo
ne saenggak meong ttaeryeo haru jongil
chingudeuri malhagil neo wanjeon babo gata

I wanna be a perfect girlfriend for you my boy
nega wonhadeon namjaga doelge whoa oh~

Like a yeongicheoreom pieo oreuneun neo
woo boy my babeh~

You swim in my cigarette (you swim my ciga-)
My cigarette woo yeah (my cigarette woo yeah)
You swim in my cigarette (you swim in my cigarette)
My cigarette woo yeah (cigarette my love~)

(This is the first timeOh neoreul cheom bon sungan
geu sunganbuteoyeosseo
nege ppajyeobeorin geol beolsseo Baby

(and then a last timeyeah
i gonggan sogeseo nal yuhokhaji
oh no!

Uh uh yeah jaukhan yeongi sogeseodo
ttoryeotagi manhan neomanui jansang
neol mannan huro sumanheun
 (ooou yeah)
mangsangdeullo gadeuk cha inneun nae meori
neo saenggakdeullo gadeuk cha got doel geoya minmeori
 (oooh~)
cheoeum bon sunganbuteo nuni gayo nuni ga (yeah yeah)
nado mollae poneuro soni gayo soni ga (ahh)
hancham donganina geurin neoran seukechibuk
naegen bin gonggan ttawin eobseo 
(dadadada~)

(Woah~You swim in my cigarette
My cigarette woo yeah
 (you're my boy~ ou)
You swim in my cigarette (you swim in my cigarette!)
My cigarette woo yeah (yeah whoa ooh yeah!)

jjarbeun Cigarette geu jjarpdeon sigane
maldo eobsi nan heundeullyeo han gujeol si gata
dodohan geon butjabeul geol yegohan neoui yeonginya
anim cheoeumbuteo heuteo naraganeun yeongiilkka

"WHOOOOOOOO!!!!" Aimee screamed aloud once the song was over. Usually after they covered a song, the girls were semi-satisfied but in this case they were were extremely satisfied.

"Good job ladies!" Seulyong exclaimed as she patted the other four girls' shoulders. She quite liked the outcome and it was a nice change to be singing something other than the songs they've been preparing for their debut. It wasn't as if she didn't like they're songs; on the contrary, she loved them.

"See told you it'll be daebak!" Bara pumped her fist, the adrenaline from rapping, singing, and dancing still in her very soul.

"Unnie you rocked it!" Tiao Ning hugged the older girl. "Should we show the sunbaes?"

"If we show the sunbaes, they'll just question why we didn't cover their songs. Jonghyun would pester me to no end..." Seulyong shook her head, imagining what the younger boy would do. Looking at Tiao Ning, she patted the younger girl's head. "I'll show it to Topp Dogg. It's their song anyway. Gohn and Kidoh will be so proud."

"Gosh, our rapping is amazing~ I'm so loving our group." Aimee nodded, trying to do somersaults in the practice room. Landing on her bottom, she chuckled. Looking at the older girl, she noticed that the leader was tearing up. "Unnie don't even start crying! It was just a cover."

"BUT IT WAS A PERFECT COVER!"

"Hey no fair! You guys can't have all the fun!" Hyehyun's voice rang from the door. The other four members of Solibaljeon walked into the practice room. Well three since Hyehyun had a slight limp. She was recovering well and anytime soon the girls would be back to shooting their MV.

"This really isn't your style though, Hyehyun." Aimee said as she welcomed the other four. "I thought neo-RnB wasn't really your type."

"It's true that I prefer ballads or pop songs but as long it isn't rock I'm fine with almost anything when covering songs with you guys. I'm guessing Seulyong-unnie picked it out?" Hyehyun asked as she looked at the rapper line.

"No," the leader shook her head. "It was actually Sori's choice. I wanted to do Topp Dogg's Say It but Sori complained about the fast rapping."

"Shut up, Seullie."

"Make me, Sori."

"Enough of the fighting you two." Bara interjected, stepping between the older girls. "We'll cover it next time but with all nine members present."

"The dance looks so hard though!" Tiao Ning whined as she hugged Aimee. Granted the both of them were the dancers of the group, they weren't that keen to dance to a hardcore song.

Sumin looked over Seulyong's shoulder, nodding her head to beat and voices. She seemed oddly surprised and the members watched her with interest. Sumin was one of the members that were a mystery. They knew her background history and all but she was just so introverted that she just shied away from everyone, with Seulyong as an exception.

"Not bad. Tiao Ning, just practice on your tone just a bit more. Other than that, your pitch was good." Sumin looked up and smiled at the Chinese member. It was rare but it meant that she really liked it.

"Whoa unnie." Yuntue creeped up on the two members viewing the camera. "Why didn't you tell me you could sing like that? I could have gave you more lines if I knew your hidden talent."

"Why is everyone of you complimenting me? I'm not even that good." Seulyong frowned.


"Whooooooooooooooooooooo!!! OUR MV IS OUT!!!" A lone female ran down the halls of SM headquarters as she disappeared into the practice room. Unbeknownst to the female, a recording crew made their way towards the practice room and slowly opened the door, without alerting her to their presence.

"Yah yah! Did you watch it?" The female asked away on her phone, settled on the floor and looking through her duffel bag. "Joonmyeon-ah, did you watch it? You did?! How was it!?"

It was a very special week for SM's new girl group. On Monday, Solibaljeon's first full album, not a mini album mind you, was released for sale. On Tuesday, the girls had their first showcase and performed all 9 tracks in the album. On Wednesday, their music video for their title song 'What Do I Do?' was officially uploaded unto SM's Official YouTube channel and Solibaljeon's Official YouTube channel. Today, (Thursday) the girl's would be having their official debut stage on M!Countdown later in the afternoon. And on Friday, the girls would have their first fan meet. Despite the heavy schedules, the girls were excited to be finally debuting. Before their debut stage later tonight, they were given some free time to calm their nerves and have fun.

Most of the members went to chill with close friends of theirs. Aimee was in EXO's practice room with Chen and who knew who else, Bara with Onew and Key in the recording studio, and Hotaru with Kumori (another SM trainee). Tiao Ning disappeared to god who knew where; most likely with the Infinite members since Sungjong was her best friend. Yuntue was with SNSD's maknae Seohyun as the two met up in the building's cafeteria. Seulyong was passed out cold in the studio rest area after a solo recording, Sumin was at the dorm catching up on her sleep and Sori went out to visit her underground rap buddies.

With the exception of Hyehyun of course.

Yesterday night, the main vocalist was scolded by Tiao Ning and Aimee during their rehearsal. Hyehyun recovered from her slight injury and had totally missed a step and ruined the vibe of the atmosphere so Aimee had called a halt on practice. Solibaljeon's two dancers them began to berate the older girl for slipping up. Just because Hyehyun had an injury and just recovered, the dancers were going all out since they had to make up for lost time. So to make up for it, Hyehyun ended up in the practice room, rehearsing herself until the maknae line's disappointment faded slightly away.

But instead of rehearsing like she intended to, EXO's Suho called her instead. And then she got disctracted.

"Hyehyun-ssi?" The head of the recording team started out.

"Deh?" She answered without looking up from her duffel bag and removing her phone from her ear.

"Hyehyun-ssi, please look behind you."

"Omo!" The main vocalist let out as she clutched her hand to her chest upon seeing the recording team and the camera. She muttered into her phone that she had to go and hung up. Concious about her make-up free face, she looked down in embarrassment. "I'm not looking my best today...I seem to have lost my pretty face at home."

Upon hearing that, the crew laughed. PD Hwang, a stocky pretty woman with wavy hair, stepped forward to explain what was happening. "Hyehyun-ssi, we're starting the first episode of SoliTV. Did your manager filled you in on it?"

Hyehyun nodded, pulling her green hoodie up over her head and pulling the drawstrings tight despite the camera rolling. "Deh. What are we suppose to do PD-nim?"

Taking a small camera from one of the staff, PD Hwang handed it over to the vocalist. "SoliTV is going to be your everyday life. I'm giving you an individual camera to do a self-camera for when you don't have schedules. You can film on your day offs or rest time. Please do share the camera with the other members as well. For your schedules, the staff will follow you all around so you can work like you always do."

"Okay." Hyehyun nodded taking the camera. She looked at PD Hwang, and gestured to the bigger camera already filming. "Are we airing right now?"

"Deh. Why don't you go around the building and find your members that are around the building?"

"Ah yeh." Hyehyun stood up. She kicked her duffel bag and grabbed her phone before skipping towatds the door. "We're going over to EXO's practice room. Our lead dancer is there. Wonder what she's doing..."

Going into EXO's practice room, shouts of men filled the room. "Oh it's loud here. DONGSAENGS! Noona is here!"

"Noona!"

"Hyunnie-noona!"

"ERMAHGAHD NOONA!"

"Noona! We heard you and hyung-" Chen started but was hushed when the female placed her hands over his mouth.

"PD-nim can you edit this out?" Hyehyun glared at Chen, Aimee coming forward as EXO's main vocalist struggled. "Yah! Shut up Jongdae!"

"Unnie! Stop choking Jongdae!" Aimee scolded the older girl. Upon seeing the camera, she bowed. "Viewers, I'm sorry for my unnie. Unnie's trying to keep a secret from being told. Shhh....I'm going to say it. But when she's not burning a hole in my back. Okay! Okay!"

"What are you doing with EXO's dancing line, Aimee?" Hyehyun asked, releasing the girl from a tight hold.\

"Just watching them. Wae?"

Hyehyun shook her head. "Just going around the building. Where's Seul-unnie?"

"Who knows?" Aimee shrugged. "Knowing unnie, she's probably passed out somewhere. Wait. Wasn't she recording a song for a drama OST?"

"I think so..." Hyehyun muttered, walking towards the door to find the other members. "Well I'm off to find the others."

"Bye!"

Stopping in front of one of the recording rooms, Hyehyun muttered to the camera. "I think I hear Bara rapping."

She opened the door to find Key and Onew nodding their heads to the female rapper's free-flowing rhythm. Seeing as she was quite busy, she closed the door and whispered, "She's busy. Let's see if I can find the others."

She ran into Seohyun and Yuntue but they couldn't chat since the SNSD maknae had a schedule. Yuntue decided to head back to the dorms to wake Sumin up for the upcoming debut stage.

Seeing an open door to the rest area, Hyehyun popped her head in the doorway to see the leader sleeping on the couch. Scattered on the coffee table were lyrics that were titled 'Touch Love'. She was oddly impressed; reading the notes, she knew this song was made for their leader to sing. She was just a bit jealous that she was doing a song for an OST but the leader did have some prior experience in performing with Sori before the group was set to officially debut.

Hyehyun left the room to find Hotaru with some other trainees walking towards her down the hall. "Taro-ah, unnie is asleep."

"Oh." Hotaru whispered as she met up with Hyehyun. She gestured to the room. "She's tired?"

"I guess so. Let her get some sleep before our stage tonight."

"Arasseo. Should I wake her up later?"

Hyehyun smiled to the other trainees before looking at Hotaru and nodded her head. "What were you doing?"

"I was telling Kumori about our debut soon. I'm really nervous." Hotaru mumbled. 

"It'll be alright." The older girl consoled. "We'll do good. I believe it."

And she truely did. Because in a few short hours, they would officially have debut.

authors' note
Whoot!! 2nd chappie is out~ I know. I know. Why do some members have more scenes than others? Its quite hard to have all 9 members in one chapter without having to go in depth. In future chapters every member will go in depth, so don't worry. Hope it was a good chapter! Vocal line will cover a song too, so look out for it!
I linked alot of videos lol. So check those out too :)
As promised~ Here's the color-coded lyrics to Solibaljeon's debut album!Enjoy!! (Click the link!!!)
~Linda