Chapter SEVEN

소리 발전 Solibaljeon {Hallyu Sound Evolution} | SM Entertainment's New Girlgroup

Chapter Seven

Just One Day, One Night

"Yeorobun, thank you for tuning into Shimshimtapa Radio. I'm your host Shindong!" Super Junior's Shindong excitingly said into the mic, as his many many guests nodded their heads. "Everyone lets greet our guests today."

The room exploded into loud 'whoops' and non-stop clapping. Hushing everyone, Shindong looked up from his script and chuckled, "Ahhhh, the studio is really full today, so we had to move into a bigger room to have them all here. I just now realized there's sixteen guests today! Wow, we got rising hip hop group Bangtan Sonyeondan in the studio today! Please introduce yourselves!"

The seven men excitingly mumbled, their leader leading the introduction. "2, 3. Bang! Tan! Anhyeonghaseyo, we are Bangtan Sonyeondan!"

Shindong cheered on, delighted by the loud cheer, "Daebak! We also have in the studio are my lovely hobaes from SM Entertainment. Solibaljeon!"

"Sound Evolution! We are Solibaljeon!" The nine girls chorused, Aimee and Tiao Ning being rather energetic.

"Good good! Ok, so today our topic is first love." Shindong went ahead and began to talk about the subject. "Has anyone have any first loves?"

"Yeh~" Four voices called out, three males and one female.

"And everyone else hasn't had their first love yet?" Shindong asked, in which the other twelve guests shook their head.

"Okay so I'm going back to those who had first love." Shindong chuckled, deciding to pick on the four idols that answered yes to first love. "Seulyong-ah, since you're the oldest idol here apart from myself, have you experienced first love?"

"Oppa, isn't this to sudden to ask a rookie group?" Seulyong groaned out, the younger members of Solibaljeon giggling. "I'm a little nervous here."

"Your fans want to know." Shindong spoke out, giving her a smile that made Seulyong groaned. It might have seemed rude but the SM sunbaes learned how to deal with their hobaes habits. Leave it to her sunbae to ask her something like this. "C'mon, you answered yes so I'm curious!"

"Oh, our fans are already asking that?" Sori was surprised already. In the few weeks they've debut, the nine member girl group gained a solid fanbase. Granted it wasn't as big as their SNSD, Super Junior, f(x), SHINee, and EXO sunbaes, but the girl's felt as if it was one step closer to their goals.

"Yeh." Shindong confirmed.

"How do I answer this?" Seulyong thought as Jin and Tiao Ning, who sat on opposite sides of her, carefully nodded their heads and listened carefully to the older girl. "I'm still experiencing first love."

"Ohhhhhhhh! Nugusaeyo?!" Shindong asked, the others all mumbling that this was something new and that the leader didn't say anything about this.

"I'm not going to say who it is. It all happened during my trainee days. I'm not telling you which company either." Seulyong gave everyone a notice, making it vague as possible. "He was also a trainee and we had a lot of classes together. Because I came from America, I was still unaccustomed to how people live life here in Korea. This oppa saw how I struggled and decided to take me under his wing, helping me brush on my Korean, help me with my dancing, and singing. I really admired him. My group members can tell you that I'm rather independent and stubborn, but this oppa went out of his way to help me. I'm glad to have met."

"Is he still around?" J-Hope asked the question that was on everyone's mind.

"Yeh. He already debut before I did." Seulyong nodded.

"Oooooooooou~ an idol! Tell us!" Aimee shrieked out, ready to unnie if she knew who it was.

"Aniyo!" Seulyong shot out much to her dongsaengs' disappointment. She didn't want her group members to know about her relationship with this particular "oppa". If she kept her 4 year relationship a secret before her debut, she as hell would kept this a secret until after their debut.

"Arasseo. Then tell us your ideal type." Shindong asked, frowning that she wouldn't elaborate.

Seulyong chuckled. Her ideal type was everything her boyfriend was. But everyone didn't need to know that right? "It's going to sound very cheesy. My ideal type is someone with a husky voice but not too deep. He has to have a wonderful smile so when he smiles at me, I want to feel like the most special girl in the world. I like someone who leads with confidence but still be adorable and goofy when he's with me. I like someone who takes care of his family members and friends. And although I'm independant, I want to know if he can also take care of me when I need it the most."

Shindong laughed and clapped his hands. "Wow, sounds solid. Aigoo, Bangtan seems like they have a member that fits your ideal. V-ssi, you match majority of her ideals."

The seventeen year old Bangtan member had a huge grin on his face. "Hehe. Thank you. But I'm too young for noona although I would rather have a noona if I was dating someone. My ideal type is someone who gets more charming everyday, takes care of me, loves me, always chic outdoors but makes hot chocolate and has a lot of aegyo."

"Seul-noona fits that description." Suga pointed out, chuckling as the Solibaljeon leader glared at him. "What? Despite the mean glares, you have too much aegyo noona. And your ideals seem to almost clash with Tae Tae's."

"He's still a baby!" She whined, the others laughing uncontrollably. "We're six years apart..."

"Age is nothing but a number noona." Rap Monster commented, noticing the red that crept on the older girl's cheeks and the wide smile on 's face. "Besides you both are rather 4D so I think it fits rather well."

"How could you Namjoon!" Seulyong gasped fiently, not at all really hurt about the noona-dongsaeng teasing. She then let out a big smile and jokingly added, "I'd prefer Jin then. He's the safe one in Bangtan right now."

"Unnie..." Tiao Ning elbowed the older girl before clasping unto her. "Gwenchanayo! I think you and V-sunbae would look cute!"

"Ahhhh! Gwiyeomi couple!" Aimee exclaimed, the girls giggling as the boys of BTS all tried to hide their laughter.

"Noona-dongsaeng relationship?" Hyehyun asked, giving her unnie a thumbs up, "Sounds interesting."

"You guys will be the death of me..." Seulyong muttered, causing the studio to laugh.

After a few moments discussing first love and constantly teasing the rookies, Shindong decided it was tune to move on to ideal types. With Seulyong and V out of the way,  he began with Solibaljeon's next oldest member.

"Okay,  next person~" Shindong continued, "Sori!"

"Deh."

"How would you explain your ideal type?"

"Hm.... Someone quiet so I needn't compete for speaking time. Someone with mysterious charm, smart, attentive and understands other peoples' feelings, someone who can be both a lover and a best friend." Sori listed out, nodding her head as she did so.

"Seems like theres no Bangtan members that fit the category." Shindong began before speaking to the boys, "Boys, if you want to win these noonas' heart, you have to listen to every word they say."

"OPPA!" Sori whined, the girls snickering. Seulyong had to hang her head in shame that one of her members sounded ridiculous when she whined.

"Okay~ Minnie-ah~" Shindong continued.

Sumin ran her dainty fingers through her hair. "Ah... Where to begin.... My ideal type is someone who is calm and collected, but know how to have a good time, and is funny. Someone who's does little things that are charming."

"J-Hope?" Shindong suggested but everyone denied it. "Arasseo, Wish it's your turn."

Hyehyun bit her lip and thought hard. "My ideal type is someone who will love me wholeheartly for who I am and accept all my imperfections. Looks don't matter, it's the inside that counts."

"I say lets go with J-Hope for this. He seems like a good kid." The look and complaints coming from Solibaljeon made him pout. "No? Because Minnie already has him? Aish, you girls. Theres only seven Bangtan members. Not nine."

"I sacrifice Taehyung then!" Seulyong let out, making V laugh in the process.

"Unnie no fair!"

"You have to keep him!"

"Arasseo, arasseo. Hyemin, what about you? What's your ideal type?" Shindong went on, hushing everyone. "Maybe I'll find the right Bangtan member for you."

Tiao Ning chuckled and twirled a strand of her hair. "I like someone who has nice abs, who has a friendly personality, a deep voice, and tall like 184 centimeters. I want him to be able to bring a smile on people's faces."

Shindong clapped his hands as if he found someone. "Jimin!"

"Sorry to burst your bubble hyung," Jin started out, the other Bangtan members choked on their laughter, "But Jimin is only 175 centimeters. Rap Monster is the tallest at 181."

"Oh chinja? Then nevermind." Shindong went back to his script. "Okay Aimee! Your turn!"

"I have a soft spot for guys with eye-smiles. I want someone who will love me genuinely. Someone who's willing to talk to me at any point in time and anywhere. A guy who's kind to everyone, even when no one's looking." Aimee nodded, satisfied about her answer.
 
"Golden maknae and Special Maknae!" Shindong referred to Jungkook and Aimee. "Wahh...Aimee is a triple threat just like Jungkook. But then Seulyong-ah is a triple threat too... aish but she'll run to the end of the world and deny it."
 
"Yah!"
 
Chuckling, Shindong gave Seulyong a thumbs up, the latter glaring at the Suju member. "Bara?"
 
"Filial to parents. Someone like that will make a great parent." Bara smiled. Sori was just a little jealous since the main rapper just had to smile and charm the boys. That smile...it was the ultimate fan kill.
 
"Jin. He knows how to cook. Thats a aign of good parenting." Shindong suggested. "Good! Yun?"
 
Yuntue looked off into space. "He has to be tall, intelligent, nice. Overall just a friendly guy."
 
"Rap Monster! He's really really smart and was top 1% in the nation!"
 
"Chinja?" Yun asked, and Rap Monster nodded in return.
 
"Last one! Stella!"
 
"Ah... someone I can handle... meaning, he won't shock or surprise me all the time. The type that won't exhaust me. The one who doesn't mind just sitting around at home cuddling together on day offs." Hotaru mumbled, barely looking up from the tabletop. Why'd they have to talk about ideal types? Couldn't her sunbae just be quiet about it?
 
After going through the Bangtan members' ideal types, the rest of the radio broadcast went smoothly. The awkward bonds between Solibaljeon and Bangtan eased a bit and before they left the studio, both groups became fairly acquainted with each other. They had a feeling that they would be seeing each other quite often.
 

"I'm coming!" Opening the door to his apartment, the idol stared at the woman that glared at him. "Ah jagiya!"

Ignoring him, she pushed past him and went into the apartment and took off her shoes. Sighing, the male idol closed his door and followed after her. Sitting next to her, he crossed his legs. "Is it hard?"

Silence.

"Yah. Park Seulyong."

Turning to face him, her full body on the couch and sitting cross-legged, she asked him, "Do you love me, Yoon Doojoon?"

"What's this all about?" Beast's Doojoon wondered, turning to face her as well. "Are you okay? Stressed out?"

"Nevermind." Seulyong mumbled, getting up from the couch and walking into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. "The boys didn't come today?"

"No. They're all either Yoseob's or Junhyung's house." Doojoon called out as he the TV, Music Bank playing last night's performance. "How was your schedule with Bangtan Sonyeondan today? Do the others know you're here?"

"It was fine. Lots of teasing on the dongsaengs parts." Seulyong poured water into her cup, noticing that her group's song was playing. "I told the dongsaengs I was going to meet up with Yoseob for a drink and if it was too late for me to go home, I'd stay at Gina-unnie's. But I came here...instead..."

"Oh."

Its been 4 years since Seulyong had started going out with Doojoon. No one in SM or Solibaljeon knew of their relationship. When they meet as artists behind stage performances or variety shows, they treat each other as seniors and juniors in the business. Both knew to keep the relationship a secret.

In actually, the members of Beast and 4Minute members Jihyun and Gayoon knew about Seulyong and Doojoon. Every other Cube artists saw Seulyong as a very close friend due to her trainee days in Cube. She definitely missed those crazy practice sessions and those late night eat-outs.

"Beautiful."

"Mwoh?" She snapped back from her past-seeking days and turned to look at Doojoon. His attention was still focused on watching her group's performance. He was probably looking at Hotaru or Bara. They were visuals after all.

She couldn't help but feel a slight twinge in her chest.

Turning back to the sink and turning on the tap to wash her cup and all the other dishes that her boyfriend refused to clean up, she started humming Solibaljeon's song. "It doesn’t matter, I kind of like you..."

"You mean love?" A pair of strong hands engulfed her waist and all she could smell was his male scent. She continued to wash his dishes, his chin on her shoulder as he watched her. "You're beautiful you know that?"

"Jeongmal? You're not just saying that because I'm your girlfriend are you?" Seulyong quipped, her attention on the dishes. She would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy his closeness. "I thought you were talking about Bara or Hotaru."

"Aigoo. This yeoja." Doojoon chuckled his dorky laugh. "My girlfriend is beautiful no matter what. My eyes are always looking for you on stage or on TV."

Turning off the taps, Seulyong turned in his arms, her hands resting on his shoulders. "You sound so cheesy Yoon Doojoon!"

Closing the distance between them, Doojoon hugged her tightly, as if they were the only two living things on this world. "Seulyong... I love you."

Smiling softly to herself, her hands now on his back, she sighed. "I know. I love you too."

authors' note

Ughhhhhh this chap was harder to write. Geez all those names!!!!!!!!! Hopefully no one was confused! I had to write the chap this way...seems more comedic I guess lol. Matchmaking Shindong.

Ohhhhhhh the Doojoon-Seulyong feels!!! Dooyong? Seuljoon? Lol the feels!

I went ahead and started a love story~ ahhhhhh I'm going to love writing the love stories. I find mine's are too fluffy if I don't write rated ones //shot. No worries they will be clean in this fic!

Sori's turn to update soon!!

~Linda, The Great BEAUTY XD