Just a Coffee Boy (Hyuk)

VIXX One-Shots

My deep purple wings stretch as I dive down at the men below me. They freeze as they see me.
"," one swears, as the other runs. I laugh, and send the first one to the ground. I run after the other, and grab him. He falls by his friend, and I tie them together.
*Click*
I turn to see him, the brunette that always follows me. He turns, and runs. He'll just sell them to the tabloids. I sigh, and watch the sunrise from my perch. I fold my wings back, and peal off the black mask. I run back to my dorm quickly, and change into my other work uniform. I hide my suit and mask under my bed, as my brunette friend walks in.
"I got more," he says, jumping up and down with his camera.
"How much do you think you'll get?" I ask, as he plugs them into his computer.
"300. Maybe," he says, as I collapse on my bed. I rest where I can, and soon my roommate shakes me awake.
"Work time," he says, looking over the pictures he's printed. Me, punching the thugs from last night, tying them up, and turning to face him. I take the last one, and look at myself. Brave, confident, daring. Things I am hiding behind that mask. Scary and mysterious with my golden eyes and purple hair. When it goes away, hair turning blonde, brown eyes, wingless, I'm just another face. I sigh, and nod my approve at the pictures. I look good, and he has always captured me well.
"Do you think our boss with use them?" He asks, referring to THE Cha Hakyeon.
"Hopefully. We need the money," I say, as he grabs his camera. We walk out, and to the tower of our jobs. A public cafe on the bottom level, and the newspaper on the other nine. I work on the top floor, mostly as a coffee and paper boy.
"Have fun, Sanghyuk," my friend says, as he walks to the office.
"You too, Hongbin," I say, running to the nearest person that calls me. I take the orders, and run down to the café. The barista looks at me, and smiles lightly as he takes the list. It's calm, and he finishes quickly.
"Thank you, Taekwoon," I say, quietly, and he nods at me. I run up, knowing they'll need it soon.
"Wonshik. Here is your coffee," I say, running off and leaving him to his sports section. I run to give Jaehwan his tea, and Hongbin his hot chocolate. I breathe for a moment.
"HAN SANGHYUK!"
"," I swear under my breath as I run to my boss's office.
"Yes sir?" I ask, as Hongbin joins us.
"You're going under cover," my boss says, and I blink.
"What?" I ask, as he walks over to me with his red hair.
"We are so close to him. I can feel it. You will be our jail bait. Hongbin will be trailing you the whole time," he says, smiling at me.
"Okay," I whisper, and he smiles.
"Wonshik. Get in here!" Hakyeon yells, and he comes running.
"Yeah boss?" He asks, walking into the room.
"Dress Hyuk," Hakyeon says, and Ravi shrugs. I'm pulled, and black clothes are shoved to me. I change, and he pushes me into a chair.
"Hold still," Ravi says, running a pencil along my eyes. He messes with my hair, and pushes a hat on my head.
"And voila," he says, facing me to a mirror.
"He's done!" Ravi yells, and Hongbin and Hakyeon come walking in. Hongbin is dressed in way to much denim, and hipster glasses.
"Perfect. Now, get me a story," Hakyeon says, pushing us down the stairs. We walk out as the sun moves itself down.

The shady part of town, and Hongbin starts taking random pictures. A group gathers surrounding us slowly.
"I never understood those stupid glasses," one of the five says, as they move closer.
"Any form of fashion is stupid," another says, banging a bat on his hand.
"Hongbin, we should go," I whisper, and one pulls out a gun.
"You guys aren't going anywhere," he says, smirking. Hongbin freezes, and the man clicks and shoots. Hongbin screams, as I pull us down. Deep purple surrounds us, and I feel the two shots hit my feathers.
"What?" Hongbin says, opening his eyes.
"Sorry Hongbin," I say, standing. I run to the first, and twist him to the ground. He falls, and the next follows suit. The next two have their heads bashed together, and fall.
"What kind of freak are you?" The one with the gun asks. I don't respond, and he fires again. It misses, and I disarm him. He falls on the ground, and I sigh. I look over at Hongbin, and he freezes. I fold them back, and he backs away.
"Sorry," I say, and he shakes his head.
"You. Him. What? How?" He asks, looking at me.
"Lets head home," I say, walking to him, and grabbing his shaking hands. I walk us to our house, and set him on his bed.
"How?" He asks again, and I sigh.
"Careful planing, and something I was born with," I say, looking at him.
"Can I see them?" He asks, and I nod. They grow, and he reaches his hand out. I nod again, and they are grabbed.
"Soft," he whispers, and he pulls away.
"And with your eyes and hair? Why do you have those?" He ask, looking at me.
"Why do I have wings? I don't know," I say, sitting on my bed.
"So, now what?" He asks.
"I don't know, but please don't tell. It feel so nice to help, and I don't want to lose that," I beg, walking over to him, and kneeling.
"Okay. Just let me take more photos," he says, and I smile.
"Thank you," I say, smiling.
"Okay," Hongbin says again.
"I should go," I say, grabbing the suit from under my bed.
"Have fun," he says, as I change.
"I will," I say, walking out the window. I tie on the mask, and stretch my wings. I jump, and move to my perch. I see Hongbin running out, and looking up at me. He snaps a quick picture, and winks at me. I smile, and move to put the ones I can away.
If this is my nightlife; I'm okay with being just a coffee boy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 1000+ words. Wow. That's a lot for me. I really wanted to do asuperhero thing. How did I do? And Hongbin's outfit is the one from with N dressed him on plan v. (-<) <3 ^_^