Will you wait for me?

Miss Wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTOQluG4LV0

Lyn: My Destiny

========================================

“With the evidence provided, I sentence Go Yoonseo to seven years in prison.” The judge pounded the gavel on the wooden plate.

The sound echoed off the walls harshly, but to Minseo, it was the sound of justice.

At last, she was officially free.

Minseo stood up and locked eyes with replica.

Yoonseo, wearing a red jumpsuit with her wrists trapped in handcuffs, stared blankly at her. Minseo softened with pity for a fraction of a second. She did feel bad that Yoonseo would have to spend seven long years in official prison, but she hoped it would be a time of repentance for her. Two police officers grasped her arms and directed her towards the back where she would be taken to prison.

Minseo watched her twin sister go. She wanted to say something but nothing came out of . Her heart wasn’t comfortable with sending her only family member to jail, but there was no other choice. Yoonseo had to realize that murdering was wrong and that she couldn’t get away with everything she had committed.

A hand touched her shoulder, and she looked back. Niel smiled softly, but there was sadness in his eyes. “It’s time to go…”

Her expression softened, and she nodded slowly. “Okay.” Minseo followed Niel to the front of the courthouse where six different buses were waiting.

Minseo turned her head to see L. Joe, Chunji, Changjo, CAP, and Ricky waiting. They sat up straighter when they saw her. There was not the slightest bit of resentment on their faces, even though she would be free and they would be serving time in jail once more.

After the police had caught them and found out the truth, the court mandated full investigations of all seven convicts. Instead of having their date of freedom hanging in the air, the judge gave specific serving dates for all of them and would send them to different facilities in the country.

Ricky would be out the soonest because he only had one month left to serve. Changjo was sentenced to two months in jail, and L. Joe only had to serve three months. CAP and Chunji would stay a while longer. CAP would be incarcerated for six months while Chunji had one full year to go. Niel had the longest term. He would have to be away for two years.

Minseo swallowed hard and approached all of them. They met in the center and exchanged looks without say anything. I hate goodbyes, she thought.

“So…we’ll see you once we’re out, yeah?” Chunji smiled.

“I’ll see you in a month! You better meet me, Go Minseo!” Ricky grinned happily.

Minseo raised an eyebrow at him. “You know what I realized? You’re younger than me, and yet, you still call me by my name.” She shot Changjo a look. “You, too.”

“Oops!” Ricky laughed. Changjo merely shrugged. “If it makes you feel any better, I don’t call any of those guys “hyung” either.”

“Thanks for the assurance.” Minseo rolled her eyes.

“Let’s go!” The supervisor of each facility beckoned.

“It’s time to go,” L. Joe spoke softly.

Minseo swallowed hard as she blinked her tears away. She curled her hands into fists and dug her nails into her palms to keep from crying.

“Stay out of trouble, okay, Ice Queen? Don’t let anyone else take advantage of you.” CAP winked and pinched her cheek.

“I’m sorry…” Minseo whispered. “For what?” Chunji asked, baffled.

“I…I feel like I’m letting you all down. It’s unfair that I’m the only one who is free…and…and you all have to go back to those terrible places…I’m so selfish.” She closed her eyes. The boys looked at each other and softened.

“Go Minseo,” Chunji put his hands on her shoulder. “Don’t be sorry. You didn’t let us down at all. It was our choice to come out here, remember? And you deserve to be free. Unlike the rest of us, you didn’t do anything. You’re innocent.”

Minseo wiped her tears away.

“Yeah, Minseo. In a way, we should be grateful to you though. You gave us courage to do something right. Because of that, we have actual serving time. I felt like we had to be in the facility for the rest of our lives, but now, we know when we’re getting out, so it’s a lot better,” Ricky admitted. “He’s right. You gave us hope and courage.” Chunji smiled.

Minseo searched their faces. “I’ll miss all of you.” “We’ll miss you, too.” Chunji nodded.

“Group hug!” Ricky threw his arms around Minseo. The boys surrounded her and hugged her tightly. “Last call! Come on!” The supervisors called. They were starting to grow impatient. “Got to go. Later, Go Minseo. See you when we’re all out.” Chunji saluted. One by one, the boys started to leave. L. Joe stopped at the entrance of the bus, looked back, and smiled before going in. The only person who didn’t leave yet was Niel. He didn’t have the heart to leave her.

“Niel…” Minseo croaked. Her desperate eyes pierced his soul, and he squeezed his fist to keep his tears from flowing. “I’m sorry,” She whispered. Niel attempted a brave smile. “Didn’t you hear the guys? You have nothing to apologize for.” Minseo threw her arms around his waist. “I don’t want you to leave. It feels strange having to separate from you…” Niel embraced her tightly. “I don’t want to go either…but I have no choice.” He grasped her arms and pulled back to gaze into her eyes. “Will you wait for me?”

“You don’t even have to ask that,” Minseo stated.

“Two years are a long time though,” Niel pointed out.

“I don’t even care if it’s 20 years. I’ll wait for you,” She vowed. He chuckled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter