We made it

Miss Wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31GO4rRY8Ss

Teen Top: Crazy

================================================

Minseo could not believe how much the boys were excited about escaping the facility. She was a nervous wreck and couldn’t sleep with the newfound guilt in her heart. If they got caught, she would be the one responsible for the consequences. How could she live with that guilt? Unlike her sister, she could feel shame.

After eating soggy cereal, the group of convicts went into the classroom and waited for their instructor to come. The previous teacher lived too far to come to the new residence, so the facility had hired a new teacher. He was an elderly man who was deaf in one ear and showered spit every time he talked. No one sat in the front row in fear of being flooded with the old man’s saliva.

“Pssst! Gather around! And try not to look so conspicuous!” Chunji ordered. The camera was aimed at them, but they didn’t look suspicious at all. Chunji pointed to a piece of paper with his plan scribbled all over it, which actually appeared like homework. “I thought of a way to get out of here, but I need all of you to participate at some point.”

CAP flexed his fingers. “Fortunately for you, you’re working with a pro. What do I need to steal?”

“Uh, hello? But that’s my specialty,” Ricky smugly claimed.

Minseo rolled her eyes. That’s nothing to be proud of.

“We’re going to leave the night after the next visitor’s day. I’ll take care of hacking into the system and shutting down the cameras and alarm system. L Joe, I need you to find a place that we can stay. I trust you can ask your friends,” Chunji guessed. L. Joe nodded. “I’ll let them know.”

“Good.” Chunji nodded. He looked at Ricky and Changjo. “I need you two to get the key to unlock the front door and put it back on the warden’s belt so that he doesn’t notice it was ever gone. Do you think we can do it?”

Ricky put his arm around Changjo with a confident grin. “Just leave it to us. We make a great team, don’t we?” Changjo shrugged his arm away with a flat grimace.

Chunji looked at CAP. “We need a boat-“

“I got it. Let the grand auto theft take care of the transportation.” He flashed his teeth.

Chunji nodded. “Good. And Niel, I need you to help me get some supplies and load it onto the boat before we leave. And I need you to get a copy of the key as well.” “I’ll do whatever I can to help,” Niel promised.

“What can I do?” Minseo blurted. If she was going to be the burden, she might as well help lighten the load.

“Get boxing lessons from L. Joe,” Chunji said. “Boxing lessons? What for?” Minseo asked, puzzled.

“To knock out your bratty sister! Hiya!” Chunji swung his fist into the air.

Minseo rolled her eyes. “I was being serious.”

“So was I,” Chunji refuted.

The door opened, and their elderly instructor entered. “TURN IN YOUR HOMEWORK AT ONCE!” He bellowed.

CAP winced. “Sheesh, man, I’m going to lose my own hearing before we get the chance to get out of here.”

----------

The days seemed to fly by. Everyone prepared for their roles with enthusiasm except for Minseo who was still full of anxiety.

While being escorted to the cafeteria, Changjo and Ricky met eyes and nodded surreptitiously. They were going to imitate their plan today. Ricky went forward and glanced at the warden. After making sure he wasn’t looking back, he reached out, and with just a brush of his fingers, the key was in his hand. He slowed down and stepped back with his hand stretched out backwards.

Smoothly, Chunji took the key and slipped it into his pocket with a casual whistle. “I wonder what today’s menu is.” “It better not be fried rice!” CAP grinned. Chunji passed the key to Niel who took the key to copy that night. At night, Niel gave the key back to Changjo who had no problem putting the key back in the warden’s belt loop. He made an “OK” sign, and Chunji nodded. “The first part of the plan is done.” He smiled.

Ricky exchanged hi-fives with CAP, but Minseo shook her head. She was still uncertain about this entire plan to help rescue her reputation. Before they knew it, D-Day had approached. On visitor’s day, L. Joe consulted with his friends, who of course obliged to provide them with a place to stay. They even offered to pick them up on the other side of the shore and congratulated L. Joe on finally “having the guts to take charge of his own fate with his hands.”

That night, there was a storm, so after dinner, the convicts stayed in the cafeteria. Chunji, Changjo, Ricky, L. Joe, and CAP sat at a different table and pretended to do their assigned homework when in reality, they were preparing for tomorrow’s escape. Niel and Minseo sat at the next table. Their homework was laid out in front of them, but neither were doing the work. It would all be useless anyways. Minseo glanced at the other boys and sighed in repentance.

Niel put his hand over hers. “What’s wrong, Minseo?” She shook her head. “I still don’t think this is right.” “What’s not right?” He asked. Minseo gazed into his eyes. “It’s not right that all of you are taking such a big risk for me. What if we get caught?”

“What if we don’t get caught?” Niel asked optimistically.

Minseo continued, “Even if we get across the water, that doesn’t guarantee us that we’ll be safe. Our pictures will be everywhere. We’ll be wanted all across the nation, and everyone will be out to get us.”

Niel turned towards her. “Minseo-“

She shook her head. “We should stop now while we can. As much as I want to get my revenge, I won’t make all of you go through this-“

Niel cut her rambling off with a kiss. His warm lips melted her insides and made all her uneasiness dissolved. Her worries faded away, and for that moment, she felt nothing but bliss. Niel pulled back and gazed into her eyes. He cupped her face gently and placed his forehead against hers. “Go Minseo, you have nothing to worry about. You never dragged us into this. We chose to help you because we care for you. Well…they want to do this because they care for you, but I’m actually doing this because I want more kisses.” She looked up into his eyes that were bright with playfulness. Minseo broke into a chuckle, and she sighed wistfully.

“I love you, Go Minseo,” Niel whispered.

Minseo softened. She touched his cheek and smiled softly. Thank you for everything, Ahn Daniel. If I really am able to erase my charges and become free from this place, I wish I can take you with me. You’ve become my world, and I couldn’t imagine spending a day without you.

-----

The next day, Minseo woke up with a startle.

Tonight was it. Tonight, they would be escaping the facility.

Her heart pounded as blood rushed to her head. She just hoped they wouldn’t get caught before having the chance to clear her name. Their efforts would have gone to waste then.

Minseo climbed out of bed. After washing and changing out of her pajamas and into a sweater and jeans, she slipped her feet into gray sneakers and went downstairs. As soon as she entered the cafeteria, so did the rest of the convicts. “Good morning, Ice Queen.” CAP gave her a wink as he passed by to grab some toast and jelly. Niel slipped his hand into hers and gave it a gentle squeeze. “Waiting for me?” He smiled. She just gave him a tiny, nervous smile.

Niel softly kissed the space next to her left eye. “You’ll be fine,” He whispered comfortingly.

“Enough skinship, you two. Do we have to separate 107 from you, 104?” A warden threatened.

Niel shrugged. “You can try.” The warden narrowed his eyes.

Niel ignored him completely and pulled Minseo over to the table.

“Last breakfast of doom. Enjoy.” Chunji winked, sipped his orange juice, and left.

This is one of the things I know I won’t miss, Minseo thought. She put breakfast on her tray and headed to the table. She sat beside Niel, and he opened the carton of orange juice for her. Minseo uneasily bit her lower lip and glanced around. Were the wardens staring at her, or was she just being paranoid?

“Eat up, Minseo! You’ll need strength if you want to run away tonight!” Ricky cheerfully smiled. Changjo elbowed him angrily. “Try being more subtle, jackass.” “Make me.” Ricky stuck his tongue out. Changjo grabbed his collar and yanked him. “AH!” Ricky screamed and covered his face. “105 and 106! Sit down before you are sent to the Thinking Cell!” A warden threatened. At the new facility, the Thinking Cell was actually a tiny supply closet that was festering with cobwebs and rat droppings. “Sit down,” L. Joe ordered coldly.

The two youngest inmates sat down and glared at each other.

“Guys, come on. We can’t afford for any of us to get in trouble today. So just be on your best behavior, okay?” Chunji warned.

“I thought you wanted us to be subtle, not neon-color obvious.” Ricky rolled his eyes.

“Just be good!” Chunji snapped. “Good is not in my vocabulary,” Ricky mumbled as he took a bite of his toast.

“Why aren’t you eating, Minseo?” Niel asked. “I’m nervous,” She admitted. “Take a bite. You’ll look more suspicious if you sit here without doing anything.” He put the toast in her hand. Minseo in a breath. Be cool. Be calm. Be casual. She nibbled on her bread and tried to swallow her food without choking.

For the entire day, Minseo tried not to be such a nerve-wreck. Although her acting skills needed some sharpening, she didn’t get on the wardens’ radar, which was good enough.

During break time, the seven of them were sent to the rooftop, which was preferable since they could discuss tonight’s getaway plan without plastering on a poker-face. Chunji reviewed the plan. “There are two guards that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter