Merry Christmas

Miss Wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftuQsG_he8c

Exo: My Turn To Cry

================================

It was that dreadful time of the month again.

No, not visitor’s day. It was counseling day, the day that Minseo disliked the most. She could deal with visitor’s day, but she couldn’t stand counseling day.

“Isn’t today a holiday? Yet, why are you still here today?” CAP interrogated.

The counselor laughed lightly. “It’s not officially a holiday until tomorrow.”

“Christmas Eve still counts as a holiday,” Ricky pointed out. Minseo slightly agreed with him.

“Well, since it’s Christmas Eve, why don’t we talk about what we each want this year?” The counselor asked.

“What else would we want? To get the hell out of this hell hole,” CAP stated.

Chunji nodded. “Yep. That’s all what I want actually.”

“That’s what everyone here wants,” Changjo muttered.

“Do you miss your families?” The counselor asked.

Ricky grew silent at the mention of family. CAP groaned and slapped his hand over his face. “This has nothing to do with L. Joe and me. You and I are just screwed over.” L. Joe rolled his eyes. Chunji turned solemn, and Changjo pressed his lips together as worry flashed across his face. Niel just remained silent. Of course he did miss his father.

Minseo thought about Yoonseo and swallowed hard. Did she miss her twin sister who pushed her into the “hell hole”? She wasn’t certain if she was.

“What would you do on Christmas if you weren’t in here?” The counselor asked.

“Steal another car or two just for the heck of it.” CAP grinned. Chunji slapped him a hi-five.

The counselor shook her head and looked at Ricky. “What about you, Changhyun? What would you be doing?”

I would be with my siblings. That’s all I want, really, he thought but didn’t reveal.

“How about you, Jonghyun?” The counselor turned to him. Changjo shrugged. I would be with my mom.

“Come on. There must be something you all want to do if you were out this moment. It’s snowing in Seoul, you know. Maybe you can enjoy the first snow with your loved ones.” She said.

L. Joe slowly turned his head to look at Minseo.

“Are you sure there is nothing you want to do?” The counselor questioned.

“Look, even if we say something, it won’t come true, so what’s the point of saying anything?” CAP asked.

The counselor opened to refute when a warden came in. “That’s the end of counseling for today. Go put on your jumpers.”

“Thank God.” CAP had never been so glad to get to work. Everyone left the room as quickly as possible.

The counselor gazed at Minseo. “What about you? What would you like to do?” Surprised that the question was her, Minseo just blinked. She had not prepared an answer yet.

Fortunately, Niel grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the chair. “Sorry, but it’s time for us to go. We’ll get in trouble if we don’t. Let’s go, Minseo.” He led her out of the classroom. They walked towards the staircase in silence.

“If you don’t want to answer, then don’t answer. She can’t force anything out of you,” Niel stated. Minseo looked up at him. He stopped in front of her door and turned towards her. “She has no right to push you into feeling guilt you don’t deserve to feel,” He stated. “How do you know I don’t’ deserve it?” She whispered.

Niel smiled. “I just do.” He put a hand on her shoulder. “Go change. I’ll see you in the cafeteria for another scrubbing fest.” He winked and left her speechless but warm. With a small sigh to relieve her worries, she went into her room.

------

After free time, the delinquents headed for the shower room.

“Psst, Go Minseo,” Chunji whispered. She stopped walking and looked back.

“We’re going to meet later at midnight.” He slipped his watch into her hand. “Dress warmly. It’s Christmas soon.” Chunji winked.

“102! Hurry up!” A warden barked.

“All right! I’m coming! Sheesh! Who stole your holiday spirit?” Chunji sprinted off.

Minseo looked down at the watch. In about two hours, she would be reunited with the crazy boys again. Her lips hitched upwards at the thought. As soon as the warden locked her in, she changed into warm clothes that could be worn in the cold weather. Minseo sat on the edge of the bed and just laid her back on the mattress. The lights switched off, and she lay there in the darkness. The window was fogged because of the frosty weather outside, and she wondered if going out tonight was even a good idea. She had just dozed off when the sound of the door wiggling made her eyes shoot wide open.

Minseo sat up and fluidly darted to the door. The doorknob twisted and yanked open.

“Minseo- holy !” Chunji fell back. CAP and L. Joe shoved him forward with annoyance.

“It’s the first time you’re awake!” Chunji said, amazed. “Like that’s so amazing.” Minseo rolled her eyes and walked past him. “It is!” Chunji declared.

They went to the end of the hallway where Changjo, Niel, and Ricky were waiting. Changjo held a finger out as he peered below for any wardens. “We clear?” CAP whispered. Changjo put his thumb up. The seven of them silently treaded to the first floor and headed to the back door. Chunji deftly unlocked the door with a pin, and they exited the building. A cold blast of air hit them.

“Okay, I’m going back in. Good luck.” Ricky turned right back around and marched towards the door.

CAP grabbed him by his hood and yanked him back. Ricky tumbled back, and CAP yanked the hood over his head. “What’s the big deal, man?!” Ricky hollered.

“Shut it! You want to spend Christmas locked up in the cell?!” Changjo hissed.

Ricky pouted. “It’s not too bad.”

Chunji shrugged. He sat on the frozen bleachers and then jumped off. “Okay. My is now officially frozen.”

“See?” Ricky sighed. “Whose genius idea was it to come out here tonight?”

“Mine; thank you very much.” Chunji shot him a look.

Minseo sat against the wall and tightened the cardigan over her chest. She slightly agreed with Ricky. It was crazy coming out here in this weather.

“I wish it was at least snowing. Then we could have a snowball fight.” Ricky beamed.

Something wet landed on Chunji’s head. He brushed it off, thinking it was water, but another small, damp flake dropped onto his head. What is that? Chunji looked upward, and his eyes widened in awe. A slow grin spread on his lips. “Looks like your wish is coming true, Ricky.”

“What?” Ricky looked upwards. “Oh my God!” He gasped at the white flakes falling from the sky.

“It’s…snowing,” CAP said in awe. Changjo held out his palms and let the fragile flakes fall over them. His nose was pink from the cold, but his eyes were soft with memories outside of this terrible cell. It’s the first snow of the year, he thought, marveled. L. Joe looked up at the sky and exhaled. A white cloud of air expelled into the air and vanished within seconds. This was the first year since he had been here that he had experienced the first snow.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter