Child Labor

Miss Wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvEYguzOVNo

Teen Top: Rocking

===============================

The wailing sound of a siren woke Minseo up. She opened her eyes and tried to adjust to the pale blue lighting of the room.

“Breakfast in fifteen minutes. Breakfast in fifteen minutes.” A monotone voice blared from the speakers.

Minseo sat up and rubbed her right eye with the palm of her right hand. She felt like she had gotten literally a wink of sleep.

What time is it? Minseo looked at the clock on the wall, and her jaw fell open. It was only 6:00 in the morning. The sun had not even come up yet. Oh my God. Are they serious? Why are they waking us up so early? It’s not boot camp or anything. Minseo thought. Then again…it’s not happy summer camp either. With a sigh, she pulled the blanket off and swung her legs to the side of the bed. She got up, washed in the private bathroom (that only had a sink and a toilet), and changed out of her pajamas and into more decent clothing. She was on the last button of her shirt when there was a knock on the door.

“Yes.” Minseo replied.

The door opened, and a warden stood there. “Let’s go. Time for breakfast.” He nodded towards the hallway.

Minseo left her room, and the warden locked her door. He led her downstairs to the cafeteria.

It was a large, but rather empty place. Minseo looked around, unsure of what to do.

“Grab a tray. Take only one thing in each container.” The warden directed.

Minseo grabbed an orange tray and frowned. She was starting to hate the color orange. With a soft sigh, she picked up a carton of milk, a dry-looking peanut-butter-and-jelly-sandwich, and a soggy, brownish banana, and set them on her tray. Minseo picked a table and sat down. She had just opened the carton of milk when voices filled the room.

Minseo looked up to see the rest of her inmates file into the room. Like her, they were wearing casual clothing.

As soon as CAP spotted her, he brightened and rushed over. “Hey, my ice queen. How did you sleep well last night?”

Minseo ignored him and gulped the milk.

“I dreamed of you last night. You were an angel that was falling from the sky, and I caught you in my arms.” CAP batted his lashes.

Minseo’s expression flattened. “I’m trying to eat here. You don’t even touch a dog when he’s eating, so why do you have to annoy me?”

“Damn, girl. I can see you haven’t gotten a good sleep last night. That’s okay. I still like this edgy side of you. Feisty girls are hot.” CAP winked and sauntered off to get his breakfast.

Minseo shook her head and unwrapped the plastic wrapping from the sandwich. She was just about to bite into it when someone took the seat next to her. She paused and turned her head with still agape.

“Good morning!” Ricky gave her a friendly smile.

Minseo scowled and faced forward.

“DON’T SIT NEXT TO MY ICE QUEEN!” CAP barked.

“Too late.” L. Joe took the seat next to her.

Minseo gave him an aggravated look. Her glare didn’t faze him at all. “Don’t worry. I’m not trying to hit on you or annoy you to death. I’m just trying to annoy him to death.” L. Joe eyed CAP who was spitting curses and stomping his feet in madness. L. Joe shrugged, opened his carton of milk, and chugged it down.

CAP shot L. Joe a glare before sitting across from him. Changjo and Chunji joined the table also.

Minseo tried to ignore them as she took a bite of her sandwich. Instantly, she grew immobile.

The sandwich tasted H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.

The bread was stale and hard. The jelly tasted bland, and the peanut butter was thick. The combination was like sand in .

Niel came and sat beside Chunji. He spotted Minseo’s expression and smirked. “I should’ve warned you last night. The peanut-butter-and-jelly-sandwich is not the best choice to start off your morning, or should I say ever, except in the cases of starvation. Hence, the two bananas and two milks.” Niel motioned to his tray.

I thought we could get only one thing. Of course, they wouldn’t listen. Minseo dropped the sandwich and reached for her milk carton. She only got two sips before not a drop was left. Minseo shook the carton with a grimace. Damn it. Why did I have to drink the milk first?

“Hold up. Last night?” CAP stared at Niel in disbelief. “What do you mean by that? Did you go to see her last night?!”

Niel shrugged and leaned back in his chair. “And if I did?”

CAP slammed his fist on the table. “You sneaky rat! So that’s where you had gone!” He eyed Minseo and Niel suspiciously. “What did you two do?! Huh?! You didn’t do anything inappropriate, did you?!”

“We had in the shower. Does that count as inappropriate?” Niel said sarcastically.

Minseo glared at him. Hell no. I would never do such a dirty thing, especially with a convict like you.

“WHAT?!” CAP wailed. “Niel, no! You know I was supposed to have her first!”

Minseo glowered at him in disgust. “Excuse me, but could you s not talk about me like I’m not here?” She got up, tossed the rest of her breakfast into the garbage can, and stormed towards the exit.

The warden who had brought her down raised an eyebrow. “Done already?”

“I can’t stay here with those losers.” Minseo growled.

The warden shrugged. “Your loss. Meals are precious in the facility. Only three meals a day, no snacks. If I were you, I would finish my meal, even if it is with those ‘losers’.” He led her out of the room to give her an explanation of the routines. “You will have fifteen minutes to get ready for class-“

“Class?” Minseo came to a halt and blinked. “We actually learn?”

“Of course. You didn’t think the government would allow you adolescents to run amuck here without anything to do, did you? You’re all still in high school, and you will learn all the basic subjects. There are tests, too, and based on your grades, there will be rewards and punishments. Now, come with me. I’ll get you your set of books and school supplies.” The warden showed the way.

---------------------------------

The six male delinquents were already in the run-down classroom. They slouched in their seats with no interest in school whatsoever.

“Where is my ice queen? I need my eye candy, so I can focus on something besides the stupid male teacher.” CAP snapped his fingers impatiently.

L. Joe kicked the back of his chair. “Shut up, will you? You disrespect girls that way, and they’ll never come to you.”

“Oh, like they flock to you.” CAP rolled his eyes then straightened up. “Of course they do. You deal with es, don’t you, gangster? I’m sure you treat them with respect.” He guffawed at his own joke.

L. Joe scowled and kicked the back of his chair harder.

“Hey! Stop that!” CAP sneered.

The door opened, and the boys looked up. Minseo came in with her set of books.

“Hello, ice queen.” CAP wiggled his fingers with a grin.

Minseo bluntly ignored him and found a seat in an empty row. Ricky, delighted that she was sitting beside him, smiled and waved eagerly. “You chose to sit with me!” “I didn’t choose my seating based on you.” Minseo stated.

“Still, you sit next to me.” He winked. She rolled her eyes.

Niel looked at her in amusement and smirked with a soft shake of his head. Today’s class would definitely be interesting.

“Darn. For once, I wish they made us wear real school uniforms. That means we would get to see ice queen’s long legs.” CAP almost drooled.

THUNK!

“L. JOE!” CAP roared.

The door opened, and their instructor came in. He was a young male in his thirties who was intelligent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter