I'm Late

Miss Wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3tIm45a5Es

K. Will: Like a Star

=========================

The rain stopped by the next morning, but the sun was still hiding behind the gray clouds.

As usual, Minseo was the first one down. She saw the horrifying peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches awaiting her. She skipped the sandwiches, grabbed a couple bananas, and two cartons of regular milk.

Right when she took her seat, the six male inmates entered the room rowdily.

From the way Ricky was bickering with CAP, Ricky seemed to be in a better mood than yesterday. The boys grabbed their breakfasts and came over.

Niel took the only seat beside Minseo and glanced at her tray. He looked back at his own tray and smiled. We’re identical, he thought with amusement. His tray also had two bananas and two cartons of milk with no sandwiches.

“Good morning, Ice Queen,” CAP purred in front of her.

Minseo said nothing and nibbled on her banana.

“You were starving last night, weren’t you? You couldn’t sleep because of your empty stomach, right? I was right, huh?” He grinned. “Actually, I slept very well. Thank you for asking,” She said with sarcasm. Her eyes automatically flitted to Niel who grinned.

“What was that secret smile exchanged between you two?!” CAP demanded. Changjo and L. Joe automatically looked up. Minseo lowered her eyes and continued to eat as if nothing had happened.

“Don’t get all hot and bothered, and finish your breakfast,” Niel commanded.

CAP gave them a fishy look and chomped on the sandwich.

Niel looked at Minseo. She glanced at him and then quickly looked away. His lips quirked upwards into a smile.

After class, the seven inmates changed and went out to the field to pull weeds from the mud. “I told you they would make us do this.” Niel gave Minseo a knowing look. She sighed in aversion. She hated working in the muddy fields. Another pair of my sneakers are going to waste. Just great. Minseo stopped down and began to ruthlessly tug on the weeds. They were just as stubborn as she was though and would not come out easily without a fight.

Minseo rubbed her raw, red hands together and frowned at the cuts.

L. Joe sank the shovel into the mud, stopped, and wiped sweat off his brows. He looked up and did a double take at Minseo who was frowning at her hands. His eyes softened with pity at her suffering. She must not be used to this kind of work. It doesn’t matter for us because we’re guys, but her hands will get ruined. Good thing I asked the guys to get hand cream, although I became the laughing stock. It just might have been worth it.

Minseo yanked on the tough weed with all her might, but it refused to come loose. She bit her lower lip and gave a harsh tug. Her hands slipped, and her bottom fell into the mud. Minseo’s jaw remained set, and her expression was flat. This is so freaking annoying, she thought. Minseo looked at her hands, and her eyes widened when she saw a gash across her right palm. Blood oozed out, and now, she could feel the cutting pain.

Crap. I highly doubt they’ll give me a first aid kit.

“107! What are you doing?! Get to work!” The warden barked.

Niel hurried over and helped Minseo get up. “Let me see your hand.” He took her palm and stretched it out. He grimaced at the cut and shook his head. “This can’t get dirty, or you’ll get an infection.” Niel glanced at the stone-faced wardens. “Of course, they won’t care.” He grabbed the sleeve of his jumper and gave it a good tug.

The sleeve yanked out, and Minseo gaped at him. “What are you doing?!” She demanded.

Niel wrapped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter