Maybe it was a mistake

Miss Wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbAq3fWhJmQ

Hyorin: Hello

==============================

That night’s dinner menu was seaweed soup, kimchi, beans, and rice. Even though the food was tasteless, all the convicts ate, except for Minseo and Ricky.

Ricky poked his food with a depressed expression. Minseo just sat there, staring off into space.

The rest of the delinquents glanced between the two of them.

CAP rolled his eyes. “What the hell is up with you two? Ricky, you’re always so damn depressed after you get visitors. Maybe you shouldn’t ask them to come anymore.”

Ricky glared at him.

“It’s good for your health.” CAP shrugged. He looked at Minseo. “And why are you depressed, Ice Queen? Is it because nobody visited you? Come on; that’s normal. I don’t get any visitors ever. Chunji and Changjo don’t get visitors either. So don’t be a depressed mess like Ricky here.”

“Hey.” L. Joe shot him a look to shut up.

Niel turned his head and gazed at Minseo. She stood up and left the room.

“You’re going to regret not eating your food! You’ll be seriously hungry tonight! Don’t come weeping to me then!” CAP called out. Minseo didn’t stop.

“She really left.” CAP blinked, stunned. L. Joe kicked him under the table.

“Ow! What the hell was that for?!” CAP sneered.

“Can you be any more an ? .” L. Joe shook his head disdainfully.

CAP looked at the others who were staring at him. “What? Did I do something wrong?”

While they squabbled on, Niel stared at the door where Minseo had vanished. She seems off today. She seems sad. Other days, she’s just quiet, but today, she’s sad, Niel thought.

-------

That night, long after the lights had gone out, Minseo couldn’t fall asleep. She tossed and turned in bed with all sorts of thoughts buzzing in her mind like an annoying bee. Minseo to her side and sighed heavily. Why can’t I fall asleep? I need to get up in less than six hours, and yet, I’m still wide awake.

Suddenly, the sound of water droplets pelting against the barred window made her look up. She sat up and stared at the window that was blurry with streaming water. Her eyes widened slightly in surprise. It’s raining.

Minseo just sat in bed with a dazed, faraway look. The last time it had rained, she had been stuck inside the horrific Thinking Cell, so she had not experienced how creepy or frightful it would be to stay in her cell all alone without anyone else. A tiny part of her wished she was back in the Thinking Cell with Changjo, or anyone else for that matter.

Minseo hugged her knees to her chest and gazed at the sketchbook on the ground. Her eyes softened. The pitiful, miserable thoughts concerning her unfortunate situation swarmed back into her mind, creating an unsettling mood that fit the gloomy atmosphere.

Thunder roared in the sky, and lightning illuminated the room.

Minseo jumped at the first loud boom. She squeezed the blankets and swallowed hard. Normally, she was not afraid of thunderstorms, but ever since she had been isolated, she had started to grow fearful of them. Randomly, in the middle of the angry storm, her stomach grumbled.

Minseo put a hand over her flat stomach. She had not realized the gnawing hunger in her belly until now. Darn. CAP was right. I’m really hungry, and it’s hard to sleep on an empty stomach. Minseo sighed restlessly.

The thunderstorm continued, and so did the protest in her belly. She couldn’t tell which one was louder: the thunder or her stomach.

A knock on her door made her look back. Her eyebrows furrowed in defense, and her body stiffened.

Who was in front of her room so late? It could be the guys again, but why would they sneak over tonight? It’s raining. There’s no reason to be out tonight, she wondered.

The knock came again.

“Minseo? Are you asleep?” A voice called.

That voice sounds like… Minseo got up from bed and walked over to the door. She pressed her ear against the door and waited for him to say something again.

“It’s me, Niel. Are you awake?” He asked.

I knew it was him, Minseo thought. “What are you doing here?” She asked in a low voice.

“You weren’t asleep after all.” Even though she couldn’t see his face, she knew he was smiling.

“What do you want?” Minseo muttered grumpily.

“I have something to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter