No matter what, I'll get you out of here

Miss Wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg6Oo-rAckI

Huh Gak: Hello

============================================

The cacophonous blaring of an alarm woke all the residents of the facility.

Niel peeled his eyes open and coughed at once. Thick smoke filled the air, causing the room to appear darker than normal.

“What the hell?!” Ricky yelled. Changjo rubbed his burning eyes and looked around. He inhaled smoke and slapped a hand over his mouth and nose.

The door was kicked open, and the warden came in coughing. “104, 105, and 106! Out immediately!”

“What’s going on?” Changjo demanded.

Ricky poked his head out of the room and gasped. An orange glow emitted from the staircase. “There’s a fire!”

Niel’s eyes widened. A fire? How had a random fire erupted over night?

“GO! GO! GO!” The warden snapped.

The three convicts ran out of their rooms and collided into their next-door inmates. L. Joe, CAP, and Chunji had shirts suppressed against their mouths.

“I can’t believe this! Why is there a fire?!” Ricky asked.

“It’s those damn Got7 boys!” CAP snapped.

“Got7?” Niel stared at him.

“They snuck out in the middle of the night and turned all the stoves on. They’re crazy.” Chunji shook his head.

“MOVE! MOVE!” The wardens shoved them towards the staircase.

Everybody rushed towards the stairs but halted abruptly. Hot flames their ways up the stairs and swallowed each step ruthlessly. The convicts and wardens stepped away with wide eyes. “To the window!” A warden shouted. All of them ran towards the window. The wardens searched for things to break the window with. They finally found a couple of chairs from the rooms and threw them. The window shattered into pieces, and smoke cleared through the broken opening.

“GET DOWN! NOW!” The director shouted. The wardens had set up two mattresses on the ground.

“Jump, you fools!” The wardens hissed.

Ricky backed away and swallowed hard. “I was never good at heights.” “Me either,” CAP mumbled.

“YOU HAVE TO JUMP, OR YOU CAN BE SWALLOWED UP BY THE FLAMES!” The wardens shouted.

Ricky looked over his shoulder and gulped. A warden who had grown impatient just tossed him out the window like a sack of potatoes. “AHHH!” Ricky yelled. “Jump on your own will or be thrown down by us. It’s your choice,” The warden snapped with narrowed eyes. He was warning them to take the first choice.

L. Joe was the first one to jump out the window. Changjo was right behind him. Niel and Chunji jumped out at the same time. They fell onto the mattress and rolled onto the grass with painful grunts. Chunji stood up and limped towards the far side of the yard where Ricky, Changjo, and L. Joe were. Niel crawled away from the mattress, pushed himself up, and sank next to Chunji. CAP looked below and gulped. He had always had a fear of heights. There was something about the fall that always gave him cold feet.

“GO DOWN! HURRY UP!” The three wardens panicked behind him. Knowing he would never move without a push, they looked at each other, nodded, and shoved him. CAP’s eyes widened as his body sailed downwards. As soon as he landed on the mattress, he out.

“Hyung! Hyung!” Ricky called out. “You killed him!”

“Shut up! He’s alive!” A warden sneered as he dragged CAP away from the mattress to give the wardens space to jump down.

The inmates stared upwards at the engorging flames in awe. They considered themselves to be out of the building that was now engulfed by smoke and flames. The director talked into his walkie-talkie and nodded. “108 to 114 have been caught.” “Man! I was hoping they would have burned in the fiery pit!” Ricky snapped his fingers. Chunji smirked. “Demons aren’t so hard to get rid of.”

Changjo sat up straight and looked around. “Where’s Minseo?” At her name, everyone grew alert.

Niel looked around with alarmed eyes. Speaking of her, where was she? Why wasn’t she out here with them? Panic started to swell in his heart.

L. Joe searched the yard, but there was no sign of her anywhere. He gripped onto the grass blades. Nothing bad better have happened to her.

“She’s probably on the other side,” Ricky assured. Niel grew a bit relieved at the possibility.

A warden covered in soot and grime ran over. His hair was a sticky, sweaty mess, and his left arm was burned badly. The director stared wide-eyed at him. “Where is Go Minseo?” The convicts jerked their heads around at the same time and pinned their eyes on the warden. Guilt flashed across his face, and he winced. “107…is still in there.”

Niel’s eyes widened. The relief was long gone, and panic returned with a vengence.

L. Joe’s mouth dropped open, and he stared at the flaming building in horror. Minseo is stuck IN THERE?!

“You left her in there?!” The director hissed. He was worried, not for her life, but for his status. What would the head department think if he lost a convict in a fire that should not have ever happened?

The warden dropped his gaze. “I-I couldn’t help it. We…we got lost…and…”

A pair of hands grabbed his collar and shook him violently. Niel glared at him with blazing eyes. If his eyes could have turned red from anger, it would have. He was beyond furious that a figure of authority had cowardly left someone behind. “YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE SAVED HER! YOU SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT HER BACK SAFE AND SOUND! AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A WARDEN?! DAMN YOU ING-“ Two wardens held him back. “Calm down, 104!” They barked. Niel thrashed with his basilisk glare on the spineless warden. “IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO MINSEO, I’LL PERSONALLY HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE! I’LL KILL YOU! YOU GOT THAT?! I MURDERED SOMEONE ONCE! I’M NOT AFRAID TO DO IT AGAIN!” The warden flinched at the threat.

“Go get her!” The director commanded. The wardens glanced at each other and shuffled their feet while clearing their throats uneasily. “What are you doing? Go!” The warden pointed to the building. “GO!” Niel yelled. He wasn’t about to lose his father and girlfriend in the same day.

“Um, sir, we don’t think that’s a good idea, given the condition of the building. The firefighters should be on their way, so let’s wait-“

“THERE IS NO TIME! THE LONGER YOU WAIT, THE MORE SHE’LL BE IN DANGER!” Niel struggled to get away from the wardens who were holding him back. The director was silent in thought, and the wardens ignored Niel’s screams. “SEND ME THEN! I’LL GO AFTER HER! LET ME GO!”

The director sighed, “Daniel, this is not the time-“

At that moment, L. Joe dashed into the building. “Lee Byunghun! Stop! Come back!” The director called. “Go get him!” He wasn’t going to risk losing another convict under his care. The wardens darted after him but stopped at the entrance where the flames whipped ferociously.

The first floor was covered entirely in smoke. The acrid smoke burned his eyes, and yet, L. Joe continued. He searched for anything to protect himself from the fire. He found a broken case where a fire extinguisher was located. Luckily, it still worked. L. Joe aimed the extinguisher and started to douse the flames. He raced up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter