Visiting Day

Miss Wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoVG9iNFLRY

Lyn: My Destiny

====================

On the same week of the horrifying counseling session, the facility opened up to visitors. Visitors were usually able to come on every second Sunday of the month, but that privilege had been lost for three months after CAP had gotten into a huge brawl with the wardens. For him, that was no punishment since he was an orphan, but the other convicts who had visitors had been absolutely furious with him.

After a rotten breakfast of unripe bananas and bland oatmeal, the wardens had taken the seven inmates to the recreation room.

“Are we not doing community service today?” Minseo asked.

“You mean are they going to enslave us today? Nope. Today is visiting day. Once a month, there are visitors allowed to come onto the island and see their beloved ones,” CAP replied with a hint of sarcasm.

“Unfortunately, because of someone, visiting days had been canceled.” Ricky shot him a look.

CAP shrugged. “What have I got to lose? I’m an orphan. I have no one to come and see me.”

“But some of us do.” Ricky snorted.

“Yeah, well, too bad I don’t give a damn about your situation.” CAP crossed his arms and rested his legs horizontally on the beaten couch.

Minseo sank onto the armchair in her usual corner and hugged her knees to her chest. Visiting day? Would Yooseo be here? The thought made her heart take a leap. What was she supposed to say when she saw Yoonseo? There were so many questions she wanted to ask her twin sister, but the thought of asking them made her feel queasy. If Yoonseo comes, which I’m sure she won’t, should I even go out there to see her? I’m so confused and hurt. How could she do this to me? A part of her wanted to go out there and scream at her sister. She wanted to demand her to give her life back. For the first time in her life, she wanted to hurt somebody. The bigger part of her though was a coward. She didn’t want to face Yoonseo. She didn’t want to hear any excuses or reasons for why Yoonseo had killed their father and blamed the act of indecency on her.

Minseo lowered her head onto her knees and tried to breathe regularly.

The door to the recreation room opened, and a warden stepped inside. “103, 104, and 106. Your visitors are here. Let’s go.”

L. Joe, Niel, and Ricky stood up.

Minseo’s heart hammered against her chest. Would the warden call her, too?

The door shut, and she realized that her number had not been called, which meant no one was here to see her. Minseo lifted her head slightly and sighed in relief. Even though she was relieved that Yoonseo hadn’t come, she also felt strangely disappointed that no one had come to visit her.

-----

Ricky, L. Joe, and Niel entered the visiting room. It was a plain room with white walls. Chairs and tables were spread throughout the room, and several people were waiting at different tables.

“Oppa!” “Hyung!” Voices cried out.

Ricky jerked his head around to see his little brother and sister. “Jangmi! Changsoo!” Ricky ran over.

The Yoo family met in the center and embraced each other tightly.

“Big oppa.” His eleven-year-old sister cried in his shoulder.

Ricky cupped the back of her short, black hair and closed his eyes. “I’m okay. I’m fine.”

“Hyung,” Fourteen-year-old Changsoo croaked. He was on the edge of entering high school, but he was bawling like a toddler in front of his older brother.

Ricky pulled him closer and squeezed him tightly. “It’s okay. Don’t cry.”

Ricky held onto his younger siblings and sighed in content. He was glad to be reunited with his family after so long.

L. Joe looked around the room and spotted his visitors at the table that was closest to the door. The older males in all black with leather jackets and chains hanging from their jeans waved their arms. L. Joe nodded back and walked towards them. He shook hands with all of them and sat across from them.

“, L. Joe. It’s been so damn long since we’ve last seen you. What happened?” The oldest male Ian asked. “Yeah, we tried to come for the past three months, but the stupid wardens wouldn’t let us in. They restricted us from coming in. We were so damn pissed. We were about to bring all the guys with us.” Jungwoo, the blonde male, blew on his bangs.

“It’s a long, stupid story.” L. Joe waved the matter away. “Did you bring me everything I requested for?”

“Yeah, the cigarettes and lighters. We also brought you some snacks and new underwear.” Hyesuk, the red-haired male with a dragon tattoo on his neck, smirked and pushed the goods towar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter