Great Days...

Band Of Brothers

-JI HYO POV-

My 3rd week in this orphanage and I am already slogging like mad for my examinations. In the morning, I wake up at 6am to study before going to school. After school, I rush back and stay in the library until 7.30pm to study. 7.30pm dinner. After dinner, study until 10pm again. Sleep and get sufficient 8 hours of sleep. 

Exams have started and I am very nervous. On my first day of exams, the BOB went to school together for once this week as everyone got their own exams to study for. 

"Ji Hyo! Hwaiting!" Jae Suk said to me, giving me a cup of energy drink. 

"BOB!!! HWAITING!" We all cheered as our hands all the centre went flying up. 

On the way to school, I listened to some music and tried to calm myself down. However, my heart beat so fast that it felt a little suffocating. 

"Ji Hyo," Gary said and pulled me aside from the rest of them first. "This is for you to cool your nerves. I made this drink by myself. Hwaiting!" He said and pat my head. I drank it and it tasted like water. I shrugged my shoulders and thought that it was the original taste. After drinking Gary's drink, I felt so much better. During the paper, I paid full attention to all the details. 

As the days past and lesser and lesser papers left, everyday, Gary would give me a bottle of his drink to calm my nerves. Finally, on the last day of my exams, I was very nervous and it means that the next day our results will come out. Sitting for the paper, I tried to calm myself down but I remembered that I havn't drank Gary's water so I took a sip and like magic, my heart felt calmer than before. 

3... 2...1...

"Pens down," The teacher said as we all stopped writing and now, only a grin can be plastered on my face. 

"You all may..." Before the teacher can say anything, we all grabbed our bags and ran off first. 

Waiting at the porch for all of them, I received a text message from the orphanage. 

"The day after next. 3 day 2 night camp. Staying in hotels. Pack your bags. Packing list have been slipped under all of your rooms' doors. See you then." I smiled and cheered in my head. Finally, a break. 

"Ji Hyo!" Jae Suk ran out and hugged me.

"How was your paper?" He asked me as we walked back to the orphanage.. 

"Okay. Gary's water helped me." I said to Jae Suk and he turned around and looked at Gary.

"What water?" He asked me now.

"I don't know. You ask him." I said as we now walked side by side with Gary.

"What water did you feed my sister?" Jae Suk pointed at him and asked jokingly. 

"Plain water," Gary said happily.

"WATER?" I asked him, shocked that what I had been drinking was just plain water all these while.

"But... I feel so much better after drinking it!" I confessed about the effectiveness of it.

He pointed to his head and I understood what it meant. My mental thinking. 

"KANG GARY!" I screamed at him as I chased him all the way back to the orphanage. 

Arriving back at the orphanage, we all read the packing list and started packing immediately. After about 1 hour, I knocked on their door and they opened it for me to enter. 

"JI HYO! I NEED HELP!" Jae Suk screamed for me the moment I stepped into the room. 

"Come. Let me help you!" I said, snatching his things from him and in 10 minutes, I am done. 

"Ji Hyo! Help us!" After I was done with Jae Suk's bag, everyone came running to me for help. Now, one after another, I help them pack their things nicely. 

After 45 minutes, I am finally done. Thank god. Gary's bag was the easiest to pack. 

While resting, Jae Suk suddenly stood  on his bed and said,"I have a gift for my princess!" 

"For being there for me all this time!" He said, smiling to me. He then passed me a box. Opening the box, it was a set of ring and a bracelet from the drama, Master's Sun. 

"You liked it so I bought it for you with my earnings from my part time job." He said, smiling to me. 

"I have nothing much but a small red packet. Cash." HaHa and Jong Kook passed to me at the same time. 

"You liked this drama so I bought the entire series for you," Joong Ki said to me, passing me 2 boxes of CD. Master's Sun and Good Doctor. 

I looked at Gary. He seemed reluctant. 

"Nothing? It is okay." I said to him however, he suddenly voiced out loud.

"Have. Definitely." He said. From his cupboard, he took out a paper bag. He handed it over to me. 

Opening the bag, I was shocked. Inside was a cap that belongs to him but I said that I really liked. There was a jewelry box inside too. 

"I washed it for you and the other item, it is the real object. Not fake. Real." He said, opening the box for me.

"WAH!" Jae Suk shouted. He then felt embarrassed as inside was the real necklace that the main male lead in Master's Sun gave to the main female lead. The real necklace costs more than a hundred. 

"I cannot accept this. This is too much." I said, pushing the gift back to him. 

"Please accept it. You helped me a lot in my exams this time round. Just take it. I don't give gifts very often and no offense, this is your birthday present." He said putting the box in the bag.

"Ok then. Thank you so much." I put the bag down and the entire BOB gathered for a big group hug. I was thankful for the cap and of course the necklace. 

The next day, the entire BOB went to school with caps on. I wore the cap Gary gave me and when we walked in, it was like supermodels. Mansik even move aside for us today. However, entering the school, we needed to take it off which was a little awkward in the end. Entering the school, more than often, everyone was staring at us. To be more precise, it was Gary, Jae Suk and I. We immediately rushed to a board where they pinned the results and everyone made way for us. 

Ji Hyo- 1st Place for Elementary School Grade 4

Gary- 2nd Place for Middle School Grade 2

Jae Suk- 1st Place for High School Grade 3

We were shocked. I gave my brother a hug and Gary joined in. We looked at Jong Kook, Joong Ki, HaHa, Suk Jin, Gwangsoo and they looked a little disappointed. We then promised to help each other. I will help Gwangsoo while Gary and Jaesuk will help the rest of them. With this, we dispersed back to our own classes. Today, has been a great day. It was an even bigger surprise but shock too when Mansik came up to me during recess. 

"Hey," Mansik said to me, his head down.

"Hi. What is it?" I asked, my voice quivering a little.

"Sorry," He said looking up at me. Finally, he actually bowed to me.

"What for?" I asked him. 

"I didn't realise the amount of danger and pain I put you in when I tried to strangle you." He said. 

"It is okay. I don't bear grudges so easily." I said offering a hand. He looked at my hand before shaking it again. 

"By the way," I said as I digged out a red packet from my bag. "This is for you." 

He took it from me and opened it up. It was cash of $100.

"This is a small token from the entire BOB. We know that you need the money to buy your sister something nice. She is out working already right? However, she put you in an orphanage or say home stay first as everything is covered for you." I said to him. 

"How did your?" He asked me, looking a little offended.

"We overheard your conversation with Mr Kim. You said that you have been saving up to buy your sister a new phone as she bought you one. However, you were short of $80 and a phone promotion ends this week so we decided to do something for you. Also in hope that Bosses and BOB's disputes will come to an end. $20 is for you to have lunch with your sister. It is nothing too much but we see a nicer and fresher side to our bully." I told him. 

"Thank you," He said and he actually gave me a hug. He then returned to his seat. The rest of the day was a smooth ride. We saw the entire Bosses on the way out of school and all of us shook hands. 

Then on, I thought that everything was going to be fine until the camp...