The School Break

Band Of Brothers

-JI HYO POV-

He confessed to me. In my heart, I was celebrating. I even realised that I have smiled so much more than usual to him. When I heard him on the phone, it then brought me back to reality. 

"Jae Suk Hyung. I found her. We are on the way back." Gary said into his handphone. It looks like he was on the phone with Jae Suk. 

"Yes. She was at the beach." Gary continued. "I just anyhow take a bus, walk walk walk and found her." 

"Yes. We will be back soon. Talk to you again," He finally hanged up. 

"Honestly, I dread going back. I enjoyed the peace I had." I said, looking out of the window. 

"Was the wind blowing cold or was it humming?" He asked me with relation to a quote he created. 

"For the time I was alone, initially, there was no wind at all. Then, wind blew cold. Finally, the wind was humming as my heart rest and was at peace." I told him. 

"What about with me?" He asked me, looking right at me.

"That is for me to know, for you to guess." ! smiled and made hmy way down. It was then Gary realised that we were at Jae Suk's place already. Time seems to fly so fast unknowingly with him. 

"Let's go!" I said as I hooked my arm with his as it got cold. Walking back like this, at times we were just quiet, appreciating the peace and at times, we talk some crap that I don't even know what. I didn't even know we reached the orphanage already as I continued to hold his arm. Making our way up, honestly, I really didn't want to let go. He didn't seem to stop me too as he pushed the doors open to their room. Everyone initially sitting on their beds jumped up and stared at us. 

"Nothing. I was feeling cold. Human nature." I explained. 

"Found her. Quite far away she went." Gary said as he took off his coat and placed it on his bed. 

"Ji Hyo," Jae Suk came up to me and I hugged him tight. He was like dad. Warm, strong, fatherly. 

"Okay. Don't worry. I am fine. I saw your fight. I am tired. Very tired of this . Th-this bull crap so I ran away from all these." I finally admitted. 

"It is tiring for me. I hope that it is tiring for you too because thanks to Jong Kook and Joong Ki, BOB is now broken. We need to talk. NOW." I enforced as some people started fidgeting, trying to escape from this. 

"Jong Kook, it is not that I dislike you. Joong Ki to you too. It is just that the two of you caused so much pain for everyone including me that I hated it. I hated the cowardly way the two of you react to me. If you like me then be bold and just say it. Jong Kook, it wasn't that I didn't want to kiss you. It is inappropriate. Joong Ki. You were in wrong to kiss me too. If you guys had confessed properly and asked me out nicely, I may have just accepted you." I explained to them.

"I am guessing that BOB is gone right?" I finally accepted the reality and blurt out my inner thoughts about BOB. 

"For there to be betrayal, there had to be trust first." I repeated a quote. 

"Joong Ki, Jong Kook, you all betrayed us because we had all trusted you. If we hadn't trusted you at all then what you did is not betrayal. It is basically ignorance." I said the harsh truth to them. 

"Ji Hyo. I can't forgive them. Not just yet. They made you have 24 stitches on your head!" Jae Suk stood up and said. 

"Hyung. Sit down!" I commanded Jae Suk and he quietly sat down. "To Jong Kook and Joong Ki. Listen clearly- It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." 

"I am presumming that you 3 boys will not forgive each other now. To the 3 of you especially Jong Kook and Joong Ki- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Love for each other as brothers. I forgive all of you but the 3 of you, sort it out by yourselves." After that, I exit the room and returned to my room. The moment I stepped into the room, I searched for a pen and paper frantically. All the quotes today, I am going to write them down. 

We have entered our school holidays. I requested to stay at Jae Suk's place in fear of interferance of trying to clear their disputes again. I worked with Ryo Suk and Jae Suk. Ryo Suk and Jae Suk trained me as we stalked people and brought justice in the city. Time has made my brain forget about things I want to forget so badly. How nice to have it all erased. But is it really that easy to erase?