Moving On

Band Of Brothers

-JONG KOOK POV-

Once the surprise ended, the rest of us went to go out for a drink. Bubbletea drinking. We drank about 4 cups before finally saying goodbye as we went our seperate ways. I looked at my watch. In fact, I was the first to go, and I wonder why until my answer came to me as natural as the way water flows.

"Eun Hye!" I called out her name admist all the chaos as the students streamed out. 

"Jong Kook oppa! What are you doing here? Don't you need to work today?" She asked me, a face of concern. 

"Do you want to go out?" I asked her, ignoring her totally. 

"Out as in?" She asked me as she hugged her books.

"I don't know? Date? Friends?" I replied, still confused myself too. 

"Alright. Where to?" She asked me.

"Where would you like to go?" I asked her, offering to take her books.

"Follow me!" She pulled my arm after passing me her books and we walked to the park near the school. 

"CAROUSEL!" She shouted as she pointed to the merry-go-round in the middle of the park. It was the signature thing about this park. 

I smiled and we board the carousel over and over again non-stop. We used to come here very often when we were dating. 

"Time for lunch!" Eun Hye screamed as she ran around me non-stop until she got dizzy and had to use me as a support. 

"Ok. Let's go Jae Suk's house. I am going to cook!" I told her as I pat her back as she bend down to grab some air and to stop her head from spinning. With one heave, I carried her up onto a piggyback as she started mumbling some nonsense. We walked all the way back that way. At one point of time, she had me to stop for me to rest as my head dripped with sweat. 

"We are here!" I dropped her to her feet as we arrived before Jae Suk's door. 

"Thank you!" She stood on the ground and took the things from me. 

"Hold on. Don't come in yet." I told her suddenly remembering all the top secret files. I took a cloth prepared for guests and draped it over our whiteboard and a meeting table. 

"Faster. I am very warm out here!" She whined to me as I hurried. 

"Ok. Come in!" I shouted to her and she entered. 

"Place the things by the door, I will go prepare lunch. Wait here for me!" I told her as I wrapped an apron around my waist and started my cooking. 

After all the busyness in the kitchen and the mess, I finally finished. 

"Lunch time!" I shouted as I brought the food out. 

I found her dozed off on the sofa. I ruffled her hair and instantly she woke up. 

"You still remember?" The first thing she said was that. 

"Of course," I told her. We had an agreement in the past. Whenever any of us is asleep, the one to wake the sleeping one was to ruffle the hair as it is comfortable but not too abrupt too. 

"Spaghetti!" She screamed as she settled herself into the seat comfortably like a baby girl hungry for milk. 

"I learnt how to cook it just for you!" I told her as I sat down and we started tucking in. 

We ate in silence and suddenly, she sniffed. I looked up and I saw that she was crying a little. 

"It is really yummy," She told me as tears dripped into her noodles. 

"Eun Hye, you are going to make your spaghetti saltier you know." I joked with her. She laughed but said again.

"Don't be so nice to me. It makes me so hard to forget you." She told me as more tears streamed down her face. She finally looked up at me. 

I looked her face. Gosh, she is so pretty. I brought my hand to her face and wiped the tears off her face. I said something I wanted to say for 8 years already.

"Then don't. We will create more memories and soon, the past will be easily replaced with the now..." I admitted to being with her again. She stopped crying and I got up from my seat and kissed her. 

"Hurry eat. It is getting cold." I told her as we continued our meal. 

We spent the rest of the afternoon going through our old pictures. When it was time for her to go, I felt exactly the way I did with Ji Hyo. In the past. I didn't want her to go. At the door, she picked up her things, all ready to go however, I kissed her to bid her goodbye for the day. However, we couldn't stop. We kissed each other slow, easy without hurry to appreciate the passion and we closed the main door as we sat on the sofa and kissed for a really long time. Finally, we forced ourselves to stop. 

"Goodbye," She said goodbye. I smiled as I closed the door and we kept waving goodbye until the door is finally closed. 

I finally feel like I am moving on...

-SONG JOONG KI POV-

School bell rang and I packed my bag. I then headed to a senior's class. As the seniors streamed out, some of the female senior stopped to chat with me. I was popular with girls. Actually, we were like an idol group for the school to fan about. The entire BOB has got fans. Occasionally, we will receive boxes of chocolates of gifts which was a good thing. The seniors talked to me a little until the senior I was waiting for came out. 

"Joong Ki?" Chae Won smiled to me as she walked out.

"Bye Joong Ki," The group of girls smiled at me but my eyes were not on them, I just waved my hand goodbye.

"I was wondering if you were like lunch with me?" I asked her. I spent a long time practicing this and finally managed to say it fluently. 

"With you?" She asked again, like reassuring. 

"Yes," I replied. 

"School canteen?" She asked me naturally as though I was joking with her. 

"Come with me," I told her and wanted to surprise her. 

We walked from school to a mall nearby and we entered a posh restaurant. 

"Joong Ki! Are you sure?" She held me back at the entrance and I nodded and just smiled. 

"Table for 2," I told the waiter.

We sat down and I ordered.

"A plate of fish and chip for her and a cup of Ice Lemon Tea." I told him. 

"You not eating?" She asked me. 

"It's okay. I drink can already." I told her. 

"Okay sir. Please hold on." The waiter told us. Just as I expected, Chae Won excused herself to the washroom.

"Joong Ki, I go toilet." She said politely and made her way to the toilet. 

I placed a note on the table and got up. I paid for the meal and headed back to the orphanage. I walked especially fast. 

-CHAE WON POV-

I excused myself to the toilet as I needed to get this properly. Looking at the mirror, I talked to myself.

"This restaurant is too expensive. Fish and chip cost $23.90. Drink is expensive too. The food here is good quality food. OMG!" I screamed silently. 

Finally, after a pep talk to myself, I headed out. I realised that Joong Ki was missing. His bag was missing too. Just then the food came. 

"Mdm, your food is here. Please enjoy your meal!" He placed the plate of fish and chip before me and a cup of ice lemon tea. 

"Thanks..." I thanked him. I looked and realised that the bill was paid. I then finally realised a piece of note stuck under the pepper container. 

"To Chae Won Noona.

This is a meal expressing my gratitude to you. I am too shy and scared to tell you but I like you too. I was wondering if you could be with me. As in more than friends. If you are willing, please find me tonight in the orphanage. If not, just don;t tablk to me today. 

Love, Joong Ki"

God, he is so sweet and romantic but random. After reading the letter, my heart felt more at peace and I ate in peace. After I was done, I made my way out and back to the orphanage.

When night came, I didn't know how to respond to Joong Ki. 

"Joong Ki," I knocked on the door. 

"Noona," He called me. I didn't know how to tell him. Finally, I tiptoed a little and just kissed him. We stood there a little awkward. After breaking the kiss, he finally smiled and said.

"Thank you!" He then took the initiative and hugged me.

Finally, he might be moving on. Ji Hyo will be glad to hear this piece of news...