Soft Hearted Gary Got Blamed

Band Of Brothers

-JI HYO POV-

"Today, in the entire orphanage, we will be playing catching. Teams will be Mansik and his group of friends and Gary. Remaining kids are in one team." The teacher announced standing on a podium. 

"Why isn't Gary in the same team as us?"  The entire BOB asked the teacher. 

"Just leave it. I have my reasons." He said and blowed the whistle, initiating the start of the game. We are the hiders first. 

I hid at the middle of the stairs before I heard someone whistling. 

I saw Mansik coming down this way and immediately ran. However, it seems that he has seen me as he started chasing. As I ran all over, I was getting exhausted. Just then at a corner, a blind spot, I bumped into someone and screamed. 

"Ssh..." Gary said as he held on to me.

"Go this way. GO!" He whispered to me. He led me down a staircase before shouting.

"She went that way!" He said, giving chase to nobody, leading Mansik to the other staircase. Quietly, I made my way down but bumped into Mansik's friend, Gong Chul. 

"Haish..." I said, as I ran for my life. I bumped into Jong Kook and he said to me," Just run. I will distract him!" As he ran the other direction. Fortunately, Gong Chul chased after Jong Kook in the end. 

"Hello! We meet again!" Mansik said as we now stood at 2 ends of a hallway. 

"Hi!" I said and started runnning. His footsteps grew louder and louder. It was like a horror movie. At the end, the victim gets swallowed by someone from nowhere and is mouthed. That was what happened to me but it was a human that grabbed me. The person covered my mouth and pulled me into an embrace. 

"Where did that go to?" I heard Mansik curse at my disapperance. 

The person released his hand and peeked out. Mansik was gone. He used his handphone's torchlight and shone it on his face.

"You can go now," He said to me foolishly. 

He slid the door open for me slightly and let me out.

"Thank you," I said and ran out again. 

RING!!! RING!!! The bell to signal switch of roles sounded. Just then, Gary appeared behind me. 

"Yah! Here!" He said, smiling to as he offered his hand out for me to catch. 

"Yay!" I said, slapping his hand down.

Running and catching others, I was very elated when I managed to catch Mansik. 

Pantting, I sat down to rest for a while. Gary suddenly appeared beside me again. 

"What are you always doing? Getting caught by me?" I asked him as he sat down beside me.

"I am helping your team. BOB. I let you catch me and you gain points, you don't get caught, we don't gain points, you win!" He said happily. 

"Serious? If Mansik finds out..." I said before someone jumped in front of us and stopped us. 

"If I find out what?" He said, putting his hands in his pocket. "That Gary have been helping BOB's team?" 

"Gary..." He said, rubbing his chin. "Bastard!"

He punched him in his jaw and it seems that Gary out for a moment. Shaking his head, he put his hand on his head as I helped him up. 

"The winning team, each person gets $35! Why can't you understand? I need that money!" Mansik said and kicking him once again. 

Just then, Suk Jin came. 

"What are you doing?" He asked. As he was more senior, Mansik seems a little frightened. 

"He... he was helping your team!" He shouted. 

"So? No rule said no helping!" Suk Jin laughed. That pissed Mansik off. As Mansik raised his hand and came crashing down to Suk Jin, I used all my might and blocked his fist. Using one hand to hold his fist and might, I felt myself trembling. 

"Let go!" Mansik warned me. 

"Some kind of friend you are. Hitting girls. Hitting seniors. You got to let go of what traps you inside!" I said sincerely to him, hoping that he will listen. 

"You this bad !" He said and tried slamming his fist down at me instead but I use my leg and tripped him and he fell backwards. 

He immediately got up and Gary managed to recover too. In all ready fighting position, this could become a bloody bloodbath. 

It was as though there was a referee blowing the whistle. Instantly, they sent punches to each other and hurt each other. Finally, Jong Kook came and Gong Chul came with another friend, Sang Gu. They both held Mansik back as Gary backed off by himself. 

"Mansik. We don't want to fight do we? Take it that I am your senior and Suk Jin is your senior and not to forget Gary is your senior, let it rest!" Jong Kook warned him sternly. 

Mansik used his friend's support and kicked Jong Kook. 

"STOP!" I glared at Mansik. Gong Chul and Sang Gu who was shocked finally let go of his hands. 

"Are you a man? 10 years old and you are already fighting and doing all this! We are not even reliatating. Stop. We have been hurt enough. Please stop. We have no one else in our lives except our friends. Please just stop this. You are hurting my friends." I said as tears dripped down. 

Mansik sighed and I thought that he was going to just walk off. However, he grabbed my neck and forced me against the wall. As he grabbed my neck, tears dripped onto his hands. He looked shock of my tears but didn't let go until the teacher finally came.

"Ji Hyo!" Jae Suk shouted as he rushed over to me. My eyes a little blurred and my entire world seems to be spinning. 

"GU MANSIK!" The teacher grabbed him and released him again. 

"Everyone back to the parade sqaure." He said. 

As we walked back to the parade square, Gary and I were hurt. Gary wasn't so bad but Jong Kook seems a little hurt. I was obviously in pain as my neck showed marking of fingers and my lips bled. 

As we walked into our teams, everyone stared at me. 

"The winning team is BOB!" Cheers followed after the teacher announced it. However, Mansik shouted. 

"Unfair. Gary have been helping them." Mansik shouted and all of Mansik's friends grumbled too. 

"Yes. I helped them. I only helped Ji Hyo. If you want justice, deduct the points. I saved Ji Hyo in the first half twice. In the second half thrice." Gary walked out and said bravely. 

"Total points, BOB's team still won. Still, no changes. On top of that, because Mansik assaulted a girl and hurt some of the opposing team's members, his room will be deducted 10 points. Whereas for BOB's team, 5 points. Ji Hyo's room, 0 points. She did what she had to for self-defence. And she was a main victim." The teacher announced. 

Each room has got a few people sleeping in them. Points are given to each room depending on games organised, attitude and tests. Bad behaviour will result in deduction of points. Winning room? Each person $150 cash reward. 

"The few of you, office. Now!" The teacher signalled to us and soon everyone dispersed. Gary, Jong Kook, Suk Jin and I headed with Mansik, Gong Chul and Sang Gu to the office. Standing all in a row, Jong Kook beside Mansik, we explained the situation, one by one. Ended up, Mansik's room got even more points deducted. A total of 12 points. 

"Ji Hyo, Jong Kook, come with me. We got to see you wounds." I followed the teacher who was Mr. Kim to the sickbay. Mr Kim checked for Jong Kook while Mrs Kim(Mr Kim's wife) checked for me. They ended up taking me to the hospital with Jae Suk accompanying. There will be doctor report and this is going on the black records' of Mansik's profile. 

Gary helped me but got blamed. I feel so bad now. On the way back, I bought him a cup of bubble tea with pearl which he loves the most and delivered it to him. 

"Thank you..." I said,smiling to him and returning to my room where everyone crowded around me and showed concern... Mansik. Lives in misery... Happiness on the expense of the wounds of BOB...