Years On....

Band Of Brothers

JI HYO POV-

It has been so many years... Many things happened. There were laughters and sadness. Tears were shed. Joys were shared. Sitting in this room of white, my stomach turned and churned like a hurricane. I was nervous. So many people were out there, waiting to see the most gorgeous lady of the century. 

"It is time!" A friend of mine came in and told me. Standing up, I made my way with her to the door. That brown door. The moment it opens up, eyes will be on me. I will be the centre of focus. Walking beside me will my one and only family left in the world. My brother.

"Jae Suk oppa! I am so nervous! How?" I said as I curled my hand around his arm. 

Tapping my hand gently with his other hand, he comforted me,"Everything is going to be okay. You will be the most blessed girl on this earth. Only if Mom and Dad were still alive to see his heavenly moment." Going into a little nostalgia, I leaned on his shoulder for a moment until the girl came back. 

"Time for an adventure!" Jae Suk smiled at me as we straightened our backs and got ready. 

The doors opened. I felt eyes staring at me like cameras flashing at a K-Pop idol walking down a red carpet of an award ceremony. Jae Suk took the first step. Following him, I took my first step too. 

One. Two. Three. Four. Five....

I was so nervous, I counted the steps it took along the walkway. Smiling and blushing, I finally reached the end of the walkway in 35 steps. I felt Jae Suk let go as another man held my arm. Looking up to the man of my life, I smiled as I suddenly felt nothing but blissfulness. I am getting married to the man of my life. As I stood there, nothing seemed to matter, as long as my brother and he was there, I am everything in my life. 

"Mr Kang Gary, do you take Ms Song Ji Hyo as your wedded wife? To be with her for eternity, in sickness, in health, in richess or poor. To be there for her and never to leave her?" The priest before me asked after a long ritual. My legs were getting sore!

"Yes I do!" He said firmly, making the people below laugh. 

"Ms Song JI Hyo, do you take Mr Kang Gary as your wedded husband? To be with him for eternity, in sickness, in health, in richess or poor. To be there for him and never to leave him?" The priest asked me now. Standing there, a little hesitation but finally I took a deep breath and said,"Yes I do." The priest smiled, finally saying the last few words. 

"Man, you may now kiss your wife!" He then backed away. Turning to the people seated in the church, we looked at each other. Slowly, he leaned down and kissed me on my lips. At that moment, it was sweet and romantic. I felt like we were the only two people in the world. Breaking the kiss, the audience broke out into the laughter and cheering. My wedding was over and so is my single life. Time to throw the bouquet. I threw it. Turning back to see who received it? I was so happy that it was Eun Hye. 

True enough, 2 months later, Jong Kook and Eun Hye were in the same hall, vowing to be with each other forever. We 2 couples went on honeymoon together. During our honeymoon, we gave each other our everything during the night. I thought that it was going to be awkward but when we made love to each other, it felt right and nothing like awkwardness. We kissed each other's lips softly and slowly, making sure that every moment would last and that we were giving our everything. The next morning, it wasn't only not awkward, I was even sure that he was my one and only man. 

"CHEERS!" After 4 years, we were all married finally. On top of it, some of us were pregnant with kids. I already had 2 kids. We were so happy that nothing seemed to be able to tear us apart. Although we fought but sometimes, the one common thing we had was that we were madly in love with each other. Finally, everything is at peace and love brought us all together...

On top of it all, we are still one BAND OF BROTHERS. For eternity...