My Ex Visited

Band Of Brothers

-EUN HYE POV-

"Seriously?" I asked Ji Hyo as she told me all the details of events since her 18th birthday. 

"Yes. Serious. It was just screwed up crap!" She told me.

"Oh... Hey. I am sorry but it is getting late. I got to go!" I looked at my handphone and saw the time. I got up to leave. 

"Sure. I will miss you. Thank you for taking time after work to talk!" Ji Hyo said as she walked me to her hotel room door and gave me a big tight hug. 

"Missing you already. See you again!" I said as I made my way home. On the way home, I decided to do something. 

"Hello Manager. I would like to take a day off tomorrow. Is that okay?" I took out my cellphone and dialled my manager's number. 

"May I know why?" He asked me through the phone. I debated telling him. 

"Personal issues which I cannot speak of," I told him simply. 

"Alright. I will let you go this time. See you on the following day of work. Please be punctual." He agreed.

"Thank you!" I thanked the Manager and cheered for joy in my head. On the way home, I thought of things. I am tired of being aside, just watching from behind the scenes. I want to help. I am going to help. Even if I don't help Ji Hyo, at least I get to do something to please myself. I am going to find him.

"Suk Jin oppa, is Jong Kook oppa in?" Suk Jin oppa happened to be coming out of their house as I arrived there. I had spent 45 minutes this morning deciding what to wear before settling on a checkered buttoned shirt with jeans and converse sneakers. 

"Hold on," He said and disappeared into the house for the next 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, finally they came out. Jong Kook and Suk Jin oppa. 

"Hyung! Be careful on the road!" Jong Kook oppa raised a hand and said goodbye to Suk Jin oppa as he rode off on his bicycle to work. 

"Have you eaten?" I asked Jong Kook. 

"Nope. Sorry. We took so long because I was going to come out changed and washed up." Jong Kook explained to me.

"It's okay. So... Any recommendations here?" I asked him as we started walking down the road. 

"Let's see. I don't know. Any preference for you?" He asked, tucking his hands into his pockets. 

"Nope. You lead." I told him. 

"Alright. I know this good cafe down this road. A bend and we will be there. Let's go!" Jong Kook said as he put his hand out, as a gesture for me to go first. 

Eating there, we talked about Jong Kook's job which all I know is that it is classified and he can't really speak about it. We talked about BOB, even talked about family. However, we soon touched on a sensitive topic which was the reason I came too. 

"I miss those times," I said suddenly after a silence of about 5 minutes as we sipped our drinks through straws. 

"What times?" Jong Kook asked, crossing his leg. 

"With you," I told him as I looked up and right into his eyes. He didn't say anything so I just continued. 

"I heard everything. You and Joong Ki." I told him and he uncrossed his leg.

"What about it?" He asked me in a very annoyed tone.

"Come on Jong Kook. I know you. You know that you are in the wrong but you just don't want to admit it!" I emphasised the point and his mistake in his face. 

"I am in the wrong? Just where did that come from huh? Someone dumped you before?" He rubbed in my wounds which I think he didn't even know was open. I ignored him and continued.

"Do something Jong Kook. You are not entirely at fault but you are the main reason too. You started it too. You destroyed BOB! Do something!" I told him, leaning forward as I got more pissed. 

"Why should I?" He asked again, his leg still uncrossed.

"Because, you know that you are at fault. Mainly too." I said confidently. 

"I ask you once again. What makes you think so?" He leaned forward and pointed at me. 

"Being your girlfriend for over 5 years, I know you. Something even BOB wouldn't have noticed." I told him very proudly. 

"What is it?" He kind of panicked a little. 

"You really want to know?" I asked him again. 

"Sure! I need to know!" He banged the table softly. 

"When you are lying or not confident about something, you rarely cross your leg. If I tell you that you are handsome now, you will cross your leg!" I told him and I saw his leg twitch as I said that he was handsome. But he didn't in the end as he knows that I know. "All these while, talking about the past, your leg is always crossed. The moment I speak about us, your problems with Joong Ki, you uncross your legs immediately!" He looked at me, little shocked but I just looked back at him. 

"Whatever!" He was pissed and leaned back against his seat. 

"So? What are you going to do now with Joong Ki? With BOB?" I asked him. 

"Nothing," He said but despite all, he didn't cross his leg. 

"Nothing? Did you say nothing?" I asked him, madly.

"Yes! You got a problem?" He asked me and it provocked me even more. 

"Yes. You are going to ditch BOB like you did with me?" I was so pissed, I got up and splashed my cup of drink into his face. 

"!" He jumped as his face was splattered with juice and his shirt was damp. 

"All a man like you know how to do is to ditch everything you know you are at fault with. You kissed that girl in class while you were dating me! However, you said that you tripped and kissed her by accident. I know everything Jong Kook! You were playing truth and dare. Prettiest girl in class which you were to kiss. We were in the same class somemore. You hurt me and you know it. That is why you just dumped me!" I confessed all I knew to him. 

"You are truly a coward. KIM. JONG. KOOK!" I whispered to him meanly and sneered at him. This wasn't how I intended it to be. 

However, I hope that I have put the point across...