My Bully, My Protector

Band Of Brothers

-JI HYO POV-

"Mansik?" I asked the person whom I was grabbing by the neck over the rooftop. 

"Hello," He said. 

"What are you doing? Why are you stalking me?" I asked him, pushing him over the roof even more. It is my 2nd day out of the hospital. I have been in the hospital for 2 months because of a broken knee. Jae Suk insisted that I stay in the hospital until full recovery. Now, my 2nd day and I realised that Mansik was stalking me. I headed to the top of a carpark where he cannot hide and summoned him out.

"Let me go. I will say everything you ask of me." He said, choking slightly.

Slowly, I pulled him in and let him go. 

"Why are you stalking me?" I asked him. 

"I am not Mansik." He said, adjusting his shirt. 

"What? Then who are you?" I asked, cautious of him as I backed away a little. 

"I can only say if you give me your full privacy. No revealing what I am about to say..." He paused."Otherwise... I will lose my job..." 

I considered this for a while before saying ok.

"I am Jung Ryo Suk. My parents are secret agents. They died in a mission after being shot by their enemies' boss. I am a secret agent too. But. My parents used to work for your parents. They were hired to spy on their business partner. Until my parents died. I then received a mission from my parent's agent." He said. He gave me time to digest all he had said before continuing.

"I was hired to look after you. To protect you." I was speechless.

"Hired by who?" I demanded.

"Your parents. Your parent's will will not be read until you are 18. That is part of their will. Jae Suk will have to wait too. Your parents know that you will be put to this orphanage so I was placed there too. I was young. Did not know how to do my mission so I had to bully you to not make it look so obvious. Causing harm to you, my sister told me to change method by I couldn't so we suffered a bit. You and me. Sorry." He apologised. 

"I am 18 already! Does Jae Suk know this?" I ask him.

"Yes I do!" Jae Suk walked over in a suit and said that he knows. 

"I know about this. When I was 18 too." He said."We are here because the person holding mom and dad's will is coming. He is Ryo Suk's agent."

"Hello Mr Song and Ms Song." A man greeted us. Mansik.. Wait no.. Ryo Suk saluted the man and stood beside us. 

"I am here to read this will. I have never seen it. This is my first time reading this will." He said and we nodded. 

"To my kids. Now that you are both 18 and 26, I can reveal all of this. I expected this to happen. We hired Mrs Jung and Mr Jung to spy on our business partner, Mr Ha and Mrs Ha. I know that he will be your friend but don't let us come between your friendship. Ryo Suk is hired and volunteer to look after Ji Hyo. She is young. I never expected them to seek revenge on us when Ji Hyo is on the car. Ji Hyo, sorry. That car accident was meant to be. Mr Ha and Mrs Ha knows that we were on that road so they came after us. They killed us yes because we had ahold of their underhand business, embezzelement of funds. However, I will not feel sad dying. I know we did the wrong thing to begin with. We shouldn't have hired spies to spy on them. Here. Today, our inheritance will be left to Jae Suk and Ji Hyo equally. 1.5 Million each. Take care my children." He said and closed the book. 

"That was a long letter." Jae Suk commented. I just stood there silent. I was rather confused.

"You don't get it?" Ryo Suk asked me.

"Yes." I acknowledged my weakness.

"Basically, your mom hired my mom to spy on HaHa's mom. HaHa's mom found out that your mom knows the dirty things they did so they killed themselves and your parents. It was a mistake that you were on the car. It was all planned. Even the car accident. Just not when." Ryo Suk summed it up for me.

"I was just there by accident." I said. I remembered the dream. 'We are friends..." Now I get what mom meant. 

I looked at Jae Suk and he took the will from the man. Ryo Suk and the man left while Jae Suk and I stood there thinking what's next. 

"Let's go... BOB is waiting for us..." Jae Suk said. Putting the will in his bag, we headed back to the orphanage. On the way back, we saw things we liked and just for today, Jae Suk and I bought all the things we saw that we liked... Heading back, we may have lost our parents. However, we felt like the happiest people on Earth...