A Talk With A Friend

Band Of Brothers

-JOONG KI POV-

All this while, it have been hard on me, on everyone. I understand that I am to be blamed but I don't know, I can't bring myself to say something or to even apologise. It is just hard. I broke up BOB and I am now cowardly rooming in the same room but not saying anything to everyone. Standing against this lamp post, I feel, if one can ever feel so desperate or just so self-embarrassed. Hands in pockets, head on the lamp post, left leg crossed over the right, supporting on the right leg. Without a thought, I sprinted out and pulled the lady away. Force. Impact. Recognition. 

The force pushed us down onto the ground. 

Impact hit me on my shoulder and arm. 

Recognition of the person I just saved. 

3 factors of everything in life. Just like the things between Jong Kook and I. We keep pushing the blame away or just pulling ourselves back into our own shells. Then, the impact hits us. It is then we recognise the fact that "Hey, we are at fault!". 

"Are you alright?" I asked Chae Won. It was Chae Won. She was walking over to the other street when a speeding car came and nearly knocked her down. I dashed out to her. Saved her. 

"Joong Ki? Yes. I am alright. Thank you. If you didn't save me, I would have been dead. Thanks!" She said as she held my arms and I supported her up. 

"Where are you heading to in such a rush? Don't blast your music too loud. I can hear your music." I warned her as I hear music coming from her earpiece. 

"Sorry. I do that to help release stress!" She apologised and turned off her music. 

"Ok. See you around. Be careful." I told her, turned and walked off. 

"Joong Ki! Want to have breakfast together?" She shouted out to me. I stopped in my tracks and debated whether to turn around. That is when my stomach answered for me. I turned around her walked up to her. 

"Shall we?" I took lead as she guided me to a cafe nearby. 

Finishing up my last bite of my sandwich, I wiped my mouth and placed the tissue down the table gently. 

"I heard all of it," Chae Won said after we ate our breakfast in peace. 

"What?" I asked her, confused by her sudden speech.

"Everything that happened between you and BOB or to be honest between you and Jong Kook oppa." She told me, sipping on her milo. 

"So what? Chae Won, I don't care how you got your information but hey, don't rub it into my face!" I warned her sternly. 

"Why shouldn't I?" She asked me again. 

"Because you have nothing to do with me!" I said to her angrily. I was pissed at her starting my day like this on top of the fact that I was putting so much blame and shame on myself. 

"Me? We are friends aren't we?" She told me nicely still. 

"Fine. We are friends! Then what? So what?" I leaned forward and taunted her. 

"Why shouldn't I care about you?" Chae Won asked me again.

"Because," I paused then said harshly. "You don't mean anything to me at all!"