Heart To Heart

Band Of Brothers

-GARY POV-

I stood  behind her. Beneath her as she was on the wavebreaker. It is a beauty. The sight is a beauty. She and the ocean as her hair flies in the ever blowing wind. She didn't even realise that I was there. Debating what to say, I finally thought of something to say. 

“Waiting hurts. Forgetting hurts. But not knowing which decision to take can sometimes be the most painful...” 

She suddenly turned around as I climbed my way up the wavebreaker. 

"Wh-What are you doing here? How did you find me?" She asked me, shocked that I managed to find her. 

"I don't know. I took the first bus that came at the bus stop beside Jae Suk's place and when my instincts told me to alight. I did." I told her. 

"What did you say just now?" She asked me about the quote I read just now.

Waiting hurts. Forgetting hurts. But not knowing which decision to take can sometimes be the most painful...” I repeated to her.

"What does it mean?" She asked me, smiling. 

"Waiting for the right person is tiring, hurts that you can't find the right one. Forgetting about the right one is hard too. However, making a choice is the most painful. Isn't that what you are feeling now?" I asked her, smiling to her.

"Yes. It does hurt. I love it. It is beautiful." She said to me. Looking at me, she smiled at me for the first time ever since her 18th birthday. Ever since her birthday, she smiled lesser and lesser each day. 

“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” I displayed another quote for her to ponder on again.

"Is that a quote again?" She asked me.

"Yeah. Sure it is!" I told her, smiling to her. 

"True. We get hurt so often. It is not about why we are hurt. It is about whether it is worth it, getting hurt." She said, hugging her knees as the wind blows.

"Okay. This next quote, is my creation. Copyrighted. Reserved!" I joked with her but the next quote was really my creation as I looked at her hair in the wind. 

"There will always be wind blowing. It is only a matter of whether it is a cold wind blowing in our hearts or a wind of peace blowing. What is wrong when there is no wind blowing at all." I said to her seriously.

"Wow," She could only say that for a moment. "That is beautiful."

Laughing and smiling at her appreciation of my quote, I felt happy. 

"Ok. Enough. Let's get you back!" I told her and whipped out my handphone. She immediately snatched it away. 

"Let me have some peace. I need a break from them. ALL." She looked at me and tucked my handphone into her bag. 

"Alright. Let's just sit here and enjoy this view." I said as I lay back down and closed my eye. I was interrupted by her question.

"Why is love so hard? Why do the people around me all suffer such a pain life. Love. Is it earned? Is it given?" She asked me. With my eyes closed, I said a quote which I love very much. 

"We accept the love we think we deserve," I said and got up. When I opened my eyes, I realised that she was crying again.

"Crying is for plain women. Pretty women go shopping!" I joked with her and she finally laughed and wiped off her tears. 

"You are really good at quotes!" She praised me.

"Yes. I like them. Whatever quotes they are. They are just beautiful don't you think?" I said to her. 

"Have you ever been lonely?" She asked me, moving her hair away from her eyes. 

"Yes. Very often." I told her seriously. 

"When? Who? Your parents?" She asked me, questioning more. 

"Everyday." I told her, looking right at her.

The loneliness you feel with another person, the wrong person, is the loneliest of all.

I told her that. 

"I like you," I told her all of a sudden. "The loneliness I feel without you is pretty bad. I should see a doctor!" I then joked, trying to release the tension and awkwardness.

"Ok." was all she said to me.

"Are you like immune or what?" I asked her. 

"I don't know. I just feel that the quote you used was not really for me but for your parents." She smiled at me and looked back to the ocean. "Think of another one for me!"

"I am going crazy... Dreaming about hugging you..." I said softly. 

"Is that the quote?" She asked me, still looking forward. 

"I guess so. It was what I really feel though. Just remember Ji Hyo. We accept the love we think we deserve..." I said and finally got up. 

"It is time. Let's go." I offered a hand to her. She looked at me and at my hand. Finally, she grabbed it and got up. On the way back, we talked about Jong Kook, Joong Ki. We talked a lot about quotes too. We exchanged quotes. 

I like one of them very much. 

“It's strange to be so physically close to someone who's so distant” 

She said that, referring to Jong Kook and Joong Ki. She explained why.

"They are so near me. I think it is because of their fights, they feel so different and foreign. So recently, I feel like I am near them but their hearts and our bond is just gone, far far away..."

There was a quote she told me liked, and she was preparing to say it to Jong Kook and Joong Ki.

I want to hear it. I like to hear her say quotes. The words just seem to flow out of like water flowing downstream no matter what...