Evening Romance

Band Of Brothers

-JI HYO-

After the surprise, the rest of us snuck away while some of them were in a group hug. I have been thinking of what were everyone's reaction the entire day. For the first time, the day seemed to drag on forever. 

"Hey! School bell has rang!" Ryo Suk slammed his bag on my table and sat in the seat before me. I was daydreaming that I didn't even realise that lesson was over. 

"Really? Ok. Let me pack my bag." I suddenly got back to reality and told Ryo Suk as I started packing my bag up. 

"I will wait for you at the gate," He said as he joined his friends and headed out first. 

Silently, I packed my bag as I left the classroom. On my way out, I saw Chae Won and Joong Ki together. I saw Ryo Suk at the gate waiting for me patiently. 

"Sorry. I kind of zoned out today. Let's go!" I told him. He suddenly grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Someone's waiting for you. I will go back alone." He then smiled at me and left me there. I looked around before someone came up to me. 

"Ji Hyo, let's go!" Gary suddenly told me to go with him and I got a little startled.

"Go where?" I asked him a little madly. 

"Ryo Suk didn't tell you? I was waiting for you!" He told me calmly, adjusting his cap. 

"Oh. You are that person. Sorry. Where are you bringing me to?" I asked him. He cleared his throat and stood straight with his chins up. 

"Ji Hyo. Will you go out with me on a date?" He asked me formally. I tried not to laugh but I couldn't help it. I burst out. 

"Hahaha. Are you serious?" I asked him, laughing all these while. 

"Are you rejecting me?" He asked me, seriously, maintaining a calm composure. 

"Wait," I asked him, suddenly realising the situation. 

"Yes, please go on a date with me Ji Hyo!" He kind of begged me. 

I smiled at him and held his hand. 

"I don't intend to pay a single cent for today can?" I grabbed his hand and we started walking out of the school. 

"Anything!" He said happily as we walked. Without a word, we went for lunch at a nearby food court. 

"Where are we going today?" I asked him, after finishing our lunch and resting now. 

"You will know later. Come on, let's go!" He stood up and very naturally, we intertwined fingers with each other and walked. 

We took a  bus and it went all the way non-stop. Gary was so sweet. He plugged in music for me as I slowly leaned onto his strong shoulders. 

When we finally stopped, I saw where it was. It was at the beach. The same wavebreaker where he confessed to me. 

"Here is the main thing for today!" Hand in hand, we sat at the wavebreaker. As the wind blow, we were quiet initially but we decided to say something. 

"Thanks for this. I really like watching sunsets. How did you know though?" I told him. I was curious why he knows that I like sunsets. 

"You really want to know?" He asked me, smirking at me. 

"Yes! I want to know!" I held onto his arm and whined to him. 

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies," He told me, moving my hair that was in my eye aside. 

"What?" I asked him, since it was honestly a little deep to understand. 

"I don't need to ask, I just seem to know it. It was like the time when you were hiding here. I didn't know you were here. My heart told me to alight from the bus so I just did. We have this thing called telepathy!" He smiled at me. 

We then sat there, exchanging more quotes. After the sun set, I needed the washroom. 

"Oppa, I go to the toilet. Stay here." I told him as I got up and headed to the washroom. 

"Okay. Come back soon. We got to return soon. I don't want to get scolded by Mr Kim!" He joked with me as I hurriedly went to the toilet. After I cleared my business, and went out. Suddenly, a group of men came out from the boys toilet too. 

"Look. Hey girl! Come here!" They eyed me from head to toe. Sensing the danger, I ignored them and started walking really fast. However, I should have run. They ran and caught me by my arm. 

"Where do you think you are going?" One of the man asked me, pulling me. Soon, a few of them put their hands on my arm as I started feeling like I was being dragged. 

"OPPA! HELP ME!" I screamed. However, they punched me and I winced in pain. All of a sudden, the men before me dropped to his knees. I saw Gary behind him when he collapsed to the ground. I saw a huge stone on the ground. It looks like he hit the man with the stone at his knee, causing him to fall. 

"This bastard! Come here!" They all released me and I scrambled to behind Gary's back. 

"Ooh! So you playing hero here?" They and started laughing. "Hit him!" A command was shouted and they ran towards us. 

It was like slow motion to me. Gary was boxing. He used the skills learnt in the agent and hit them. Suddenly, pain flooded my veins and I felt breathless. Someone had hit me again admist all this. The man took my breath away. However, I heard Gary growl and hit him too. Soon, just as I regained my blurred out vision back, I saw all the men on the ground, hugging their bodies in pain. 

"Let's go," He helped me up as I walked alongside Gary with his help. 

"You okay?" He asked me when we board the bus. 

"Yes. I am okay." I told him. 

"I sensed it," He told me. 

"What?"

"That you were in danger," He said that and I felt so blessed. 

"Thank you. Now I know that whenever I need help, you will always be around." I then gave him a peck on his cheek. However, because of the position, my stomach ached. 

"Haha. Stay put!" He warned me sternly after laughing at me groan in pain. 

After about 30 minutes bus ride, we were finally back at the orphanage. We went back to Gary's room first to apply ailment on my stomach before I left. He was so nice that he walked me back to the door of my room. 

"Gary oppa. Thank you!" I then wrapped my hand around his neck and kissed him. After we started, we couldn't stop. His arms hugged my body perfectly as we stood by my room door kissing. It was nothing like my first kiss with him. This time was slow, passionate but not too hurried. We were enjoying it at our age and youth. Finally, I had to break the kiss otherwise, we will never end. 

"See you!" I let go. I kissed him one more time and quickly run into my room. 

"See you!" He shouted pass the doors. 

That day and evening was a sweet, romantic evening romance...