Jong Kook's Shy Side

Band Of Brothers

-JI HYO POV-

Ever since Ryo Suk told me his real identity, I feel safer and much more closer to him. However, he knows my past, my everything. He knows everything about me and Jae Suk too. Walking back from school, I am so tired. 

"Ya! Song Ji Hyo!" Someone from my behind called me. Turning around, I saw Ryo Suk.

"So slow? Still say that you are my protector?" I shouted to him as he ran to me, slowing down.

"I-I am so tired of-of chasing you!" He said as we walked side by side and as he panted. 

"Didn't you feel guilty?" I asked him.

"Of what?" He said, finally no longer panting as I slowed down my speed by a lot.

"You hit me. We were bloodbaths before your sister came." I said. His sister stopped him of his method to protect me.

"Very. Every night. Every minute. I felt bad. You were a girl somemore. I felt so guilty, one of the nights, I just cried to sleep!" He said, and I felt his sincerity. 

"Hahaha! Ahh-" I laughed and didn't see the stone on the floor. Suddenly, I knocked against the stone and tripped. Ryo Suk caught me but he ended up pushing me against the wall so that both of us don't fall. We nearly kissed. However, someone saw something and mistook the situation. 

"MANSIK!" Jong Kook saw Mansik so close to me and went up to him and pushed him aside. 

"I-I didn't..." Before Mansik could get a justice for himself, Jong Kook sent a punch flying over. 

"JONG KOOK!" I pushed him back. 

"Mansik. Go first. I will handle this!" I said as I helped him up and then held Jong Kook back as Mansik made his way off first.

"What were you doing?" Jong Kook asked angrily.

"Come on. Let's go in and talk." I said, pulling his hand in. We walked over to a stairway where it is quieter. 

"What are you doing with him?" Jong Kook asked, his finger pointing out too.

"We have been classmates for 8 years. We are friends!" I said, stating the obvious.

"You know that I don't mean it like this!" He seem to got more impatient and angrier.

"Fine fine! I was laughing and tripped over a stone. Natural reaction was to grab the person next to me. I grabbed him but he lost his balance too. So to avoid the both of us from falling, he held the wall, pushing me against the wall at the same time!" I emphasised again feeling slightly pissed by his over reaction. 

"Seriously? That is such a lame excuse!" He said, crushing his fists. Feeling pissed, I finally said to him.

"Like it means anything to you what I do with my friends!" I folded my arms. 

"YES IT DOES!" He said.

"Why? Why? Tell me why?" I pushed.

"Because..." He paused.

"Nothing to say right? Why? Why? Why does it matter to you or even bother you? WHY?" I finally shouted and he ended the quarrel with 4 words.

"BECAUSE I LIKE YOU!" He said. 

It was just quiet then. We only hear the sound of the fan above us spinning in the loud silence. He approached me and closer and closer. Closer. Closer. I hit the wall. He put his hands on the wall beside me. He leaned in. Towards me. I knew what he is going to do. I was about to push him away when someone came over and pulled him aside. I saw Joong Ki. 

"Move away from her!" Joong Ki said as he furiously pushed him away. Jong Kook glared at Joong Ki. When he turned back to me, he was all soft again.

"Ji Hyo, I am sorry. It was getting awkward I didn't know how to manage it and..." He said and stopped because Joong Ki pushed him hard back again. 

Jong Kook straightened his shirt and walked away after smiling to me. Joong Ki looked at me and walked off to the opposite direction. I stood there, frozen. Looking down, a pair of feet appeared beneath me. I looked up and saw Gary in front of me. It was also when I lift my head that I realised that I was crying. Tears dripped down my face. Standing in front of Gary like this, I felt so embarrassed. I was going to tip my head down again but his hand lifted my head. He then used his finger and wiped my tears off. After his gesture, my heart seemed to ache even more and I cried more into his hand. This time, drops of tears fell onto his hand directly and he stopped whatever he was doing. He removed his hand and from his pocket, retrieved a handkerchief. He handed it to me. 

"You need some time alone," He handed me the handkerchief then walked off, his backview blurry from my teary eyes...

My heart and eyes seems to be blinded by something I hope to find out soon otherwise, one day, I am going to walk right into a hole without realising...