Resolution

Band Of Brothers

-JONG KOOK POV-

"KIM JONG KOOK! GET UP! YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT!" Jae Suk yelled into my ears as I used my blanket and covered my ears. 

"5 more minutes please hyung!" I begged him as I slept for less than 5 hours. Following the boss yesterday till late in the night, I was exhausted. 

"In 5 minutes if you are not up, I will get Ji Hyo here!" He threatened me with Ji Hyo. Ended up, the moment Jae Suk exit my room, I sat up on my bed and tried to freshen myself up. I headed to the toilet and cleaned up. Shaved my moustache and combed my hair. Did a few push ups and morning exercise before changing and exiting the room. 

"You made it in 5 minutes!" Jae Suk commented as I walked out of my room and saw him sitting there reading his newspaper. 

"You are always like this. Using Ji Hyo!" I told him as I took a slice of bread and ate it plain. Ever since that day we gathered, my heart felt so calm like I may just be moving on. In my heart I always knew who it was. I just didn't want to accept it. Finally acknowledging it yesterday, I felt so good. In fact I was smiling all day from th gym till home. 

"You are going to go already?" Jae Suk asked me as I started slipping on my shoes.

"Yes. I want to go run some errands before going for my appointment. See you hyung!" I waved goodbye and made my out. It was a lie. I just wanted to get out of the house and I needed to buy a drink before going for my appointment. I took a taxi to a cafe which my cousin runs and ate some waffles there. 

"Hyungnim! I got to go! See you!" I shouted into the kitchen as I bid my cousin goodbye. 

On the way there, many things came to my mind. Ji Hyo was one of them definitely. However, as I recalled the events at the gym, I can't help but smile. My heart is finally at rest. I put my head down to cover my laughter lest others think that I am nuts. However, as I put my head down, suddenly, I came to a stop as the pair of shoes beneath me came to a stop too. I looked up and saw Joong Ki before me. We stood there, none of us saying a word. I decided to do something that was risky. 

"Want to join me for a cup of tea?" I asked him. He put his head down, avoiding my gaze before nodding and smiling a little. 

I walked first. We walked in silence as memories of our nonstop chatter and laughter came to my mind. I felt so bad immediately that things had to end up like this. I came to a stop before 2 shops. A bubbletea shop and a shop that sells english tea. I looked at Joong Ki and remembered that he likes bubbletea so I made my way into the bubbletea shop. This bubbletea shop is like a cafe with seatings too. Joong Ki sat down and I made our order. 

"One passionfruit greentea with pearl sugar level 50%." I said my order before ordering Joong Ki's. "One more caramel milktea with pearl. Sugar level 120%" 

Waiting for the order, I was happy. I remember how Joong Ki likes sweet things and whenever it comes to such a stall, if we see 5 stalls, he will buy one from each stall. I picked up our order and headed back to our table. 

"Here you go," I placed the cup before him and sat in my chair. 

"Thank you hyung," He thanked me quietly. 

"How have you been?" I started a conversation. 

"Fine," He replied a little coldly. 

"Are you working?" I asked him. 

"Yes. I work at a bubbletea store too." He replied more now, slurping on his drink happily. 

"Do you like your work?" I asked him, seeing him so happy was a joy to me. It reminds me of the days the two of us would go bubbletea hunting. Drinking 10 cups of bubbletea in one day. 

"Yes. I love it. They allow us 2 drinks everyday for free. Anything extra would be deducted from our pay." He told me cheerfully. 

"Joong Ki," I said his name out. It has been a really long time since I said his name out like that and it feels good to say it out. The name of a junior so loveable. 

"Jong Kook hyung," He put his cup down and looked at me. 

"Yes?" I looked back to him as I dug out the pearls from beneath the ice cubes.

"Sorry hyung!" He bowed and did not get up. 

I was speechless. I didn't expect him to apologise first. I was waiting for the right time before taking the initiative to apologise first. To ease the tension, I pretended to scold him. 

"Aish! You this party pooper! I was supposed to be the one apologising! Yah!" I pointed at him. He laughed and I laughed too. 

"Thank you hyung!" He again thanked me now. 

"For what?" I asked him, this time really clueless about why he was apologising. 

"For forgiving me!" He said happily, grinning from ear to ear. 

"It was my fault too. I am sorry too." I told him sincerely. 

"Truce?" I offered a hand out. Joong Ki looked at the counter and looked back at me. Instantly, I got up and bought 2 more cups and gave it to him. 

"TRUCE!" He shook my hand, slurping on his 2nd cup of tea. 

"Do you know who Ji Hyo has chosen?" I asked Joong Ki, wanting to test if he knows about Gary and Ji Hyo's surprising closeness.

"Nope but honestly, I am guessing not either of us." Joong Ki said very honestly. 

"How you know?" I asked him, wanting to know more. 

"From the looks of it? I don't know. Instincts tell me that it is not either of us!" He told me. 

After that, we talked about how we felt honestly after tearing BOB apart. Then we planned something together and after 2 hours, we finally seperated with a bro-hug and he went to work while I headed home, having missed my appointment. It was a fruitful day and now I know the feeling of forgiveness.