Avoidance

♥♥ Dreams Do Come True (꿈은 이루어지지 않는다) ♥♥

Lay's POV

It has been a week since Seul Joo and Tao left for Qingdao. She never failed to inform us about  Tao's mother's condition. It was a bit relieveing that his mother's condition is improving. My Parents and Grandparents were a bit disappointed for not seeing Seul Joo but they understand the situation and wishes that Tao's mother would get well soon.

I'll be having my date with Mei Lyn today, Just few days left and we will be returning to Korea. These past days, Mei Lyn and I were catching up with the years we have lost when we were seperated. She is the sweet and loving girl that I knew. I fetch her at her house and we went to the ice cream parlor that we both love. I ordered chocoloate for me and strawberry for her. We visit the play ground that we always hang out. 

We were in the middle of having fun when my phone vibrated. I look at my phone and saw that Luhan had message me. As I read the message, I felt the blood from my face rush down. Mei Lyn notice my worried expression.

"Yi Xing? are you okay?" she asked.

"of course Baby" I lied, I wasn't actually okay, knowing that my friend's mother just passed away was not a thing to be happy about.

I turn to my grilfriend and pulls her into a hug and kisses her forehead. I know I won't be seeing her for a long time again. I can feel that she smiled when I kissed her as she hugs me back. She then told me that she knows that I'm not okay. She knew me very well, I told her what happend to Tao's mother and she told me that I should go back to the hotel. As always she was understanding and caring, that's why I love her so much. I told her that we might not see each other again for a long time but I promised her that we will still communicate with each other and she agreed.

I brought her to her home and went to my family informing them that I will be leaving. They bid em goodbye and I hurriedly rush back to the hotel. Manager inform us that we will be heading to Qingdao tomorrow. I was right when I already bid my love ones goodbye. Spending few days with them was enough.

 

We arrive in Qingdao and now heading our way to the hotel. Seul Joo had already reserve us some rooms at the nearby hotel from Tao's house. I was scanning the pictures of Mei Lyn in my phone when Suho notice the pictures.

"Is that your girlfriend Lay?" he ask me and I nodded cheerfully.

"That's your girlfriend hyung?" Sehun ask as he tursn the phone to his direction and he frowned

"Yes, Sehun, Why?" I ask him.

"Nothing hyung, I just thought at first it was Seul Joo noona" he explained.

"I agree, that's what I thought at first" Suho said.

I rais a brow at them "Don't be silly, you just miss Seul Joo" I told them.

"Wait hyung let me see!" Chanyeol shouted as he reaches for my phone.

He and Baekhyun looked at Mei Lyn's picture and they said the same thing.I turn to my phone and I too agreed with their judgement. Mei Lyn has a bit of resemblance with Seul Joo.

 

We arrive at the hotel and settled our luggage there. We then rush to Tao's house. Mr. Huang welcomed us when we arrive, I search the area and spotted Seul Joo sitting beside Tao. She saw us and she greeted us all. 

"Condolence Tao" we said to him. He just look at us and slightly smiled. 

I turn to Seul Joo and smiled at her, but she didn't smiled back at me. She ignored me and approach to Xiumin hyung. I felt awkward, she never treated me that way before.

 

Your POV

EXO arrive, I greeted them as I saw them enter the house. I did my best to act normal, for the past days I have forgotten about the event back in Changsha. But when I saw Lay again everything just rush back to me. The pain I felt came back.

I notice that he smiled at me but I wasn't really in the mood to talk to him. I ignored him and approach Minseok Oppa. As oppa saw me he pulls me into a hug and i told him that I miss him. He ruffled my hair and told me that he misses me too. He then whispered to me saying why haven't talk to Lay pointing at Lay who was talking to Tao. I just shook my head and he gently pat my head telling me to take it easy.

It was kind of SM entertainment to extend our stay in China until the funeral is done. I did my best not to get close to him. I sometimes talk to him if it was really necessary but not having a long conversation.

We were now boarding on the plane back to Korea. I'm seated next to Tao who was still grieving over his mother's death. He was a bit hesitant to leave Qingdao at first but gave in afterwards. The management wouldn't allow us for another extension. There were alreay activities waititng for them.

Upon arriving in our house, the other members help Tao carry his luggage while he lazy walk towards his room. I was already worried about him so after I finished fixing my things I decided to make some soup for Tao. He hasn't eaten anything since we left China and I don't want him to get sick.

Someone enter the kitchen while I finish cooking the some. He started speaking and I immediately knew that it was Lay.

"Seul Joo-ah, Can we talk?" he ask me.

"Not now Lay, I need to attend Tao's needs first" I said while pouring the soup in the bowl and hurriedly left the kitchen towards Tao's room.

I went inside Tao and Suho's room, Suho told me that Tao just lie there after we arrive. Suho then excuse himself and left the room. I approach Tao and place the tray on his beside table.

"Tao, I made some soup for you" I told him as I sit on his bed.

"Thank you noona, but not thanks I'm not hungry" he replied, his back was facing me.

"But Tao you haven't eat since we left China, you might get sick if you don't eat, please just take some soup it will make you feel better" I insisted.

He turn to me and tears were falling form his eyes. I wipe his tears and told him that his mom will not be happy if she saw him being misereable. He stood up from his bed and I handed him the soup. He took it from me and started eating.

"Mama always makes me some soup whenever I'm not feeling well" He said sniffing.

I just remeber the little note that Mrs. Huang gave me back at the hospital. I took it out from my pocket and showed it to him. It wasn't my intention to make him cry I just wanted to tell him that his mom has handed me her responsibilty in taking care of Tao.

"I promised your mom that I will take good care of you, and I won't break that promise Tao" I told him.

He place the letter on his side table and pulled me into a hug. "Thank you so much noona or should I call you eomma now?" he said.

I giggled "If that's what my baby panda wants then eomma it is" I said.

He release me from his hug and I can see the bright smile from his face returning. He continued eating the soup and finished it all. I tuck him in bed to let him rest for a while and he fell asleep. I left the room heading my way back to the kitchen and clean the bowl that Tao used. I then went to my room to rest a bit but all I did was turn from side to side but I never felt sleepy. So I decieded to go to the balcony instead.

 

Lay's POV

These past few days I felt Seul Joo treated me coldly. I wonder if I did something wrong. Is she avoiding me? 

I came to her when she was cooking in the kitchen. I wanted to talk to her but she said she needs to attend to Tao's needs first and she left the kitchen in a hurry.

I just had a phone call with Mei Lyn and I saw Seul Joo came out from her room heading towards the balcony. I think it was an opportunity for me to talk to her.

"Hi!" I greeted as I enter the balcony.

"Hi!" she replied not even looking at me.

"So how is Tao?" I ask trying to start a conversation.

"He's fine now" she said coldly.

"Ummmm, can we talk?" I ask her as I took my seat beside her.

"We are talking now" she replied.

I felt a bit awkward, she was different, she wasn't the bubbly and cheerful Seul Joo I knew.

"A-are you mad at me?" I ask her.

She turn to me, expressionless. " Of course not, why would you say that?" she ask me.

I rub the back of my neck as I answered her " I just notice you were avoiding me" I said.

She sighed. "I was busy with Tao" She responded.

"Oh, okay, By the way did you know that the others think that you have a bit of resemblance with Mei Lyn?" I cheerfully said.

"Your girlfriend is way better that me, I am nothing compared to her" she said. I felt her words stung me.

"Can you excuse me for a while Lay, I think Tao is calling me" She stood from her seat and went out of the balcony.

Before I could stop her she was already gone. I stood there in the balcony shocked.

What did just happened?

 


Here's another update my dear subbies.

Enjoy..

To new readers subscribe, upvote and do comment..

^_^