The Beginning

♥♥ Dreams Do Come True (꿈은 이루어지지 않는다) ♥♥

As you step outside of the apartment you are staying, the coldness of winter greeted you that made you shiver. You were not yet used to this kind of coldness since you were used to live at a Tropical country.

It was almost 6 months since you arrived in Korea. You were very thankful that you were offered a job at the country you really dreamed of, the job required you to learn how to read, write and speak proper Korean for half a year. Though on your part you learned perfectly just for 3 months, but you have to complete the required time that the company asked. It was also an advantage on your part since you were a nurse and you will be handling lives of people and you knew that misunderstanding can lead to lots of problems later on.

You walk out of your apartment and walk to the nearest bus stop to go to your destination. It was about time when you arrive at the bus stop that your ride was already there. You came in and showed the bus driver your bus pass. You arrived at your destination and started your training. You were one of your teacher's favorite student and you were very grateful that everyone was really nice to you.

6 months passed by like a blur. You were now working in the hospital as a nurse under the Medical Ward. You were looking at your patient's chart then someone called you

"Seul Joo" you looked up then saw your co-staff nurse handing you a laboratory result of your patient.

"Oh, thank you Han Ah-shi" you said and taking the results from her.

Han Ah was the first friend you ever made when you started working.

"I told you not to be so formal with me, Peu- Seul Joo, aishh why is it your real name so hard to pronounce?" she mumble.

You rolled your eyes and smiled at her "ok,ok i won't be so formal with you anymore Ryu-shi, that why I got myself a Korean name so it won't be so hard for everyone" you said.

Yes, you really got yourself a Korean name since back home you have Korean friends and having a hard time calling you by your name. Since Koreans are having a hard time at pronouncing the letter R and L and your real name is Pearl, and it makes you feel awful whenever they call you, you always hear them say Paul instead of Pearl.

Months passed and you just realized that it was already a year since you came to Korea. You enjoy every minute you spent even though sometimes you miss your family back at home, you never miss a chance to video call them whenever you were free from work. Work was exhausting but it never bothered you. Working on your profession on your dream country was a great blessing for you. You were even more blessed that you have the day off during weekends.

Saturday, you just lay on your bed thinking what you will do today. A knock on your door made you jump from your bed. You immediately open the door to check who it was. It was your land lady; she was there to pick up your payment for the rental. She was a very kind lady and you treated her as you second mother. You immediately gave her you payment and bowed to her and she bowed back to you.

After she left, you closed the door and went to your laptop. You saw your phone flashing. Han Ah was calling. You picked up immediately.

"Yeoboseyo?" You said

"hey, Seul Joo, I'm bored, can I go there?" She said

"Of course, I'm bored too, just text me when your near" you answered

"but, I'm already outside of your apartment,haha" she said.

Your eyes grew wide and you looked outside you window seeing your best friend waving at you.

"Gosh! Why didn't you tell me you were already outside, wait I’ll open the gate" you said rushing to go downstairs.

The both of you went inside your room. Han Ah lay on your bed and stretched

"ohh, I’m tired" you look at her with arms crossed on your chest not very happy. She look at you and smiled

"oh come on unnie, don't be so mad" she said.

You let out a sigh "you should have told me immediately that you were outside already" you said.

Even though Han Ah was your co-staff and your bestfriend and she was still 2 years younger than you, you treated her as your dongsaeng and she sometimes a little childish but you care for her very much. Han Ah looked around your room and even for how many times she sees it she always get amazed with it.

"Woah, Seul Joo, your collection keeps adding up, posters are everywhere and pictures of EXO" she complimented.

You smiled at her, you can't deny the fact you're a fan of that famous boy group. Ever since they had their 2nd album released many years ago you were a huge fan of them and still you were updated with every info about them especially when it comes to Lay which he was your ultimate bias. 


"Seul Joo!!!" Han Ah shouted.

You jerked from chair when you heard her. "Hey, pipe down" you scolded her

"oops, sorry" she said.

She just arrived with a newspaper on her hand she immediately handed it to you and showed you the news she just read.

"See!see! EXO will be having their fan signing tomorrow, and it's our off, you can have a chance to have their autograph especially Lay!" she exclaimed and so happy.

You gave her a smile and a light pat on the head "I already knew that, haha, but thanks for informing me" you said.

She pouted at you "aishh, you're always so updated, i just can't beat you, but unnie I'm really excited for you since this will be your first time to attend their fan signing since you are always busy at work and everytime this happen it always falls on weekdays, I'm so happy for you" she hugged you.

You couldn't hide the happiness you are feeling right now. Han Ah was right you were always busy with your work though you were updated with every happening on EXO you just don't have a chance to attend every event they held. You just can't wait to attend the fan signing tomorrow. 

 


Comment please. Thank you