Chapter 9

It Started by Eye Smile

~~~~~Mina's POV~~~~~

 

The dressing room was as quiet as ever. Jikyung went home just a couple of hours ago. She was arranged a special spot on the plane so she didn't have to stand-by. A flight attendent attended her on the plane to make sure she fullied Jikyung's needs. I felt kind of bad for her, now seeing how Jikyung's behavior and mood can change in a matter of seconds.

No one could blame her. Her ex-boyfriend hurt her and she had to endure all that before Seungho rescued her. What cut her the deepest was that the same guy who hurt her, killed her family. She was now an orphan. Sometimes, wounds like these never healed. Even time couldn't make this a blur.

"Noona, can you help me? The zipper on the back of my shirt is stuck. Can you pull it up for me? Noona? Mina Noona?" asked someone.

I felt someone tug on my sleeve. It was Mir looking at me with big eyes.

"Huh? Oh. Exuse me?" I asked while turning my focus to him.

He pointed to his back and I helped him. I gave some tips on the makeup for Mark. He seemed to be disturbed as well. Afterall, he was Jikyung's best friend.

He sighed and looked at me.

"Jikyung's probably back in Seoul by now. Her aunt and uncle are going to pick her up. I'll be flying there in a couple of days and coming back right after the service is over," Mark told me.

Seungho got my attention by waving his arms at me. He pointed to his smudged eye makeup and sat down on the swivel chair.

"Sorry bout that," I said while I wiped the smudge off. He didn't respond but he was very quiet. He was usually loud and bipolar. A good bipolar. He didn't go crazy but he had a temper.

"Thanks," he said to be before hoping off the chair. He adjusted his headset and tightened his shoelaces. Everyone in the room was quiet today. Kevin, Jake, and Alex were all doing their own things and taking coffee breaks together down the hall. Luna and Mark talked quietly. I kept to myself and responded to whoever talked to me. I was pretty out of it. Even responding was a task. Mir, Joon, and G.O. listened to their ipods and read. Seungho warmed up in a corner and stretched. Cheondung sat on a stool and played with his fingers. He was even more quiet than usual. Now that I've noticed, he always hung around Jikyung when his hyungs were doing who knew what.

We waited for our turn on a Japanese version of Music Bank, Inkigayo, and Mnet Countdown type of show.

Manager Kim paced around the room while drinking his cup of coffee. His bags seemed more noticeable and he was losing weight. He was wearing a "No Rice. No Life." shirt which seemed funny to me. Talk about his flat tummy.

"On in five!" Manager Kim called out. All of the boys stood up and we examined them one last time while doing touch-ups. They stretched and warmed their voices with weird bird calls and such. It was always a funny sight to see.

"HANA DUL SET! HWAITING HWAITING HWAITING!" we shouted as we did our cheers.The boys stood by the door that lead to the stage. Out came a girl group and two of them winked at MBLAQ. Knowing Jikyung, she would roll her eyes. Seungho remained unmoved and the rest followed. The girls seemed embarassed and had 'No Fun' written all over their faces. Seungho smirked and shook his head as he prepared to enter the door.

He turned around and said quietly, "Remember, look into the cameras and not down. Interact with the fans and don't ignore them. When I mean cameras, I mean the fan's cameras too, araso?" They nodded and he told them to follow after him. Manager Kim gave Seungho a pat on the back and he cringed. I was suprised and so was everyone else.

"Hyung are you-"

"Shh," he motioned as he started to walk onto the stage. The curtains were pulled and Seungho took his stance. The members got into their order and dried ice shot out. The had their backs turned and backs straight. We closed the door and we watched through the T.V.

They performed Y, Oh Yeah, and Cry, doing a bit of each. This was the last of their schedule this week and they had three more weeks to go.

"Great job! Let's get moving! Great job!" Manager Kim smiled as he ushered them out. Instead of collapsing onto the couches, they immediately let us remove their makeup. They washed their faces quietly and changed quickly. Manager Kim looked kind of bewildered by their automatic actions. He scratched his head and checked his clipboard.

"Listen up," he called. No more schedules until next Monday. Until then, you guys will have practice/rehearsals from 8am to 2pm everyday. After practice is finished, you guys will have down time. Look after yourselves and your members araso? If you guys need anything, don't hesitate to call. I will most likely be doing errands and arranging your schedules," he explained to the group.

"Seungho and Cheondung are in charge so don't you guys mess with them, got it?" he asked. The rest of MBLAQ nodded.

"Let's go then," he said while the guys got their bags and put on their jackets.

Alex drove the rest of us home and we all went to the fitness room.

Alex, Jake, and the rest of the guys lifted weights while we did cardio and ran on the treadmill. We were still worrying about Jikyung and we felt sorry for her. Mark had contact with her uncle since Mark's family and Jikyung's family were family friends. Jikyung's brother and Mark were best buds.

I decided I wanted to go with Mark, but I wouldn't know how Jikyung would react.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seungho's POV~~~~

 

My goodness. Those ty girls. Good that I'm not flirtacious like Joon, but it was weird because he didn't budge when they winked at him.

Ouch. Manager Kim just wacked my bruise. I want to scream so badly. Uck, I'll just dance it off and yell it off on stage as if it is part of a performance. If I yell in the hotel room, they would pin me down and give me a checkup. Like I needed those.

"Please welcome MBLAQ! Live in JAPAN!! WOOO!" the emcees cheered.

Blah blah blah. I'm not in the mood to perform but I must act as if I'm into it. I'll do my best.

Oh, oho, oh, oho, that's right
Oh, oho, oh, oho, na nari muneo jyeoga
Oh, oho, oh, oho, MBLAQ
Oh, oho, oh, oho, give it up, jebal malhaebwa naege

and right away we connected to

Yo, sarangi byeonhagineun handaneun mari
namdeuri naege haejwotdeon geumari
jigeumcheoreom ttak matge tteoreojyeo
naejeongsindo dolgo dolgo dora

I like it like that
kkeokkeojin nalgaecheoreom churakhaneun
bitbaraen sajinui kkocheul boneun
nae simjangeun ttwilsu eobsi muneojine
neoreul wihae dallyeogane

eotteon mueotdo neol daesin halsueobseo
jigeum isungan neol saranghaneungeon naya

Oh yeah, oh yeah
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah

Oh yeah, oh yeah
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah
 


and our last song,

Neon naye jeonbuya dareun namjan aniya
Huhoihago malgeol namaneui yo my girl
Haru haru jinagalsurok apa nan
Deocheomeul suga eobseo




 

we ended our medly with the last part of 'Cry' and took a bow. The fans were crazy at our comeback and to be honest, I was pretty pleased with our performance. We recieved a trophy and flowers. We did an encore and ended the night with another bow.

In the dressing room, we changed and got ready to go home. Manager Kim gave us a talk and we all went back to the hotel.

Right when we went into our room, the pinned me down on the bed and stripped my shirt. These homos, especially Mir. Tsk tsk.

OOOOOFFF! They flipped me onto my back and checked my back.

"OMOOMO JSDHFOUQIGOIQG89! HYUNGGGG WHAT DID YOU DO?! AUGH9QUG" Mir flipped out while poking my back.

Yeah I was pretty suprised when that Cho Minwoo tried to attack me from behind. I didn't know I had three bruises until I looked at my back in the mirror.

"HEY GENTLE ON THE BRUISES!" I yelled as they tried applying something to my back. It felt a little better but they pinned me down when I tried to get back up.

"OH HYUNG! YOU ARE OUR HERO!" Mir and Joon cried as they hugged my back.

"3,2,1," I threatened as I rolled my eyes. They immediately let go and got off of me.

I got up and shot them a glare. Mir got a little scared while G.O. and Joon tried to hug me. Cheondung was well, usual.

The guys were going to the pool while I planned to stay here. The ointment on my back didn't dry so I walked around shirtless.

"OMOMOMO HYUNGS!!!! LOOK AT SEUNGHO!"

"WHAT HAPPENED?!"

"WHOAAAA,"

"HEY GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME,"

"IT'S JUST LIKE CHOCOLATE,"

They took turns feeling my six pack.

I squared my shoulders because I was very proud with my piece of work. Good that I worked out. If I didn't, I wouldn't know if I would be in the hospital by now.

Mir looked at me with his large eyes. Joon was comparing his to mine. G.O. was completely amazed while Cheondung examined my abs.

"SHOO," I waved at them as I pushed them away. They took a long time to get to the pool since they wanted to look at my abs. G.O. stayed in the room with me and we both played on our laptops and with the Wii console we brought. I wasn't very focused so I kept on losing to G.O. with pingpong.

"Oh it's on," I said to him as we both smirked at each other.