Chapter 15

It Started by Eye Smile

"Kamsahamnida," I thanked the nurse as she handed me some water. I took a sip and she set my cup back on the tablestand on left of me. The doctor told me I would have to stay for a week or less. I was unhealthy and they said if I wasn't driven by my work, I would've been sent to the hospital weeks ago. I have to blame myself for taking bad care of my body.

I got a sketchpad and pen from the nurse. I doodled new designs for clothing. My hobby was designing and making my own clothes. I sighed and put my work down. I layed back into my pillow and let my mind go blank for the first time. I enjoyed the peace and quiet of the hospital room and escaping from the chaotic dressing room.

The nurse came in to take my blood pressure and jotted it down onto her clipboard before exiting my room.

"Jikyung?" a voice said. I heard footsteps.

I opened my eyes and I saw Seungho sit down in the chair next to me. Embarassed that I cried to him and yelled at him, I tried not to make eye contact. So instead, I stared at the logo on his shirt.

He seemed to notice this too since he pulled out his shirt to check it there was anything on it. He cleared his throat and I looked at him. He was rubbing the back of his neck.

"Seun...."

"Jiky....."

"You go...."

"You go fir...."

"So...."

"So...."

We both laughed a little. I took this time to apologize.

"Mianhe, I'm sorry for,"

"It's okay,"

"No. Listen,"

"You don't,"

"I'm sorry for yelling at you when you comforted me a whole lot. I guess this was just a little unfamiliar to me," I started.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel a little uncomfortable," he said while looking directly at me.

"Why are you apologizing? I should be the one to apologize," I asked. He just shrugged and stayed silent.

"Thank you Seungho. Thank you for being a good friend to me," I said right after. I saw the slightest twitch near his lips.

"Um, yeah. No problem. Don't worry about it," he laughed, a little shakily.

"I don't know how I'll ever make it up to you or how I can repay you," I said to him.

He seemed to have recovered from the akward silence.

"You don't have to make anything up to me except for one thing," he grinned.

"Mwoh?" I pondered.

"For stomping on my foot the other day. You actually left a bruise on my foot with your flats," he laughed.

"SORRY!!," I gasped.

"How can I  make it up to you! Massage? Sing? Dance?" I almost shouted.

"Chill," he said while sitting me back down. I was almost close to falling off the bed.

"It's simple," he said. I listened to him well. He widened his arms and flashed me that smile. I felt a pang of electricity zip through me. I felt my cheeks grow warm. To hide the color, I had no choice but to hide in his arms. Slowly, I scooted closer. My arms, one by one, wrapped around his waist. He closed his arms too and embraced me into a warm hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Excuse me ma'am," I started. I was here to visit Jikyung and cover for her hospital stay.

"Oh you're Cheondung from MBLAQ!" the front desk lady almost shouted. A few weary-looking people flashed her annoyed and expressionless glances. She cleared and attempted her bored look again, without much success.

"How may I help you oppa?" she smiled. Uh..oppa? Well I guess she's quite young to work here or I must be aging.

"I'm here to cover Park Jikyung's hospital stay. May I see the balance?" I asked, while taking out my wallet from my back pocket.

"Yes, a second please," she stuttered while looking a little displeased. Must be her time of month.

"Cheondung?" she said. Wow, and I thought I was 'oppa' for the slightest second.

"Neh," I answered.

"It says here that the balance has been covered and will continue to be covered for however many days miss Park will be staying here," she explained to me.

"Neh?" I asked, clearly surprised. I gathered myself and asked her again.

"May I ask, who?" I tried.

"It says here, Yang Seungho. He came just a while ago," she told me. I thanked her and put my wallet back slowly. I felt a little frustrated and irritated at the same time. I was headed to Jikyung's hospital room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe we're in this position right now! YIPPPPEEEEE!

I enjoyed her hug for some odd reason. Aish Yang Seungho. Stop thinking ertedly.

"Uhm," Jikyung whispered as she wiggled in my embrace.

"Yes?" I asked, not letting go.

"Can't.....brea....the......," she gasped.

Oh crap.

"Mianhe," I apologized, a little embarassed that I hugged her so tightly.

"Gwenchana," she smiled, a little more brightly now.

"How do you feel?" I asked as I felt her forehead with the back of my hand.

"I'm much better, thank you," she said.

"Thank me? Well you're welcome," I said while leaning back into my chair.

"Oh stop it. You know what I meant," she said as she wacked me lightly on the arm.

"OUCH!" I smirked while faking a cry.

"HYUNG," Cheondung said as he bursted into the room. He grabbed me by the arm and I was pulled up.

What the hell is going on with him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Jikyung's POV)

 

"What the hell Cheondung," Seungho glared as he brushed off Cheondung's arm.

"Don't you know how I feel?" Cheondung said, his voice getter louder.

"What are you talking about?" Seungho said, annoyed, with both hands on his sides.

Cheondung looked at me and back at Seungho.  Seungho looked at me and back at him. I was too suprised and confused to move or say anything for that matter.

Seungho walked outside and Cheondung followed. My door closed as they exited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt the corners of my lip. I was on the ground. I got back up and brushed off the dirt on my jacket and scoffed at him.

"Is that all you have?" I asked. He walked toward me and he raised his fist. My glare never left his eyes. Right when his fist was 2 centimeters away from my face, he growled and turned to hit the pole. After a punch and a kick he collapsed onto the ground.

"Hyun..hyung..," Cheondung started.

I laughed at him and looked away and rolled my eyes.

I walked toward him and picked him up. I sat him on the bench and examined his fist. He looked at me and flinched. He pulled his hand away from me.

"Mianhe, Seungho hyung," he started.

"You like her don't you," I asked. I clapsed my hands together and looked straight ahead.

"I guess you do too don't you," he said.

I didn't respond. How did I feel about her?

"If you don't like her, don't lead her on hyung,"

"Who said I didn't like her,"

"So you like her?"

"I don't know,"

"Let her go,"

"What do you mean,"

"Don't hurt her. She's already going through a lot,"

"If you like her that much then where were you when all of it was taking place huh?" I asked. He stayed quiet. I stood up and started to head back into the hospital. I was feeling very frustrated and irritated. And for the moment, becoming familiar with the back of Cheondung's hand.

I turned back and faced him. A million facial expressions rushed across his face.

"Park Sang Hyun. From now on if you can't let her go, don't ask me to because just like you, I'm not able to do that," I said. With that, I turned back and strode into the hospital.

"IT'S A DEAL THEN. WHOEVER LOSES HAS TO LET HER GO!" Cheondung shouted.

 

 

Oh Sang Hyun, it's on.