Chapter 8

It Started by Eye Smile

~~~~Mina's POV~~~~

I shouldn't have told her to take the trash out at this time of night. I should've went with her and made sure she was safe. Tokyo was a busy and crowded place. I should've known that she could be in danger. I felt guilty. It was my fault.

"Excuse me miss. Friend of Park Jikyung?" the doctor asked as he exited the room.

"Neh," I answered as I shot up.

"Your friend's condition is a lot better now. We cleaned her wounds and gave her a checkup. We are sure that there are no problems and there is a specialist in there right now. She will check to see if Jikyung has been harmed emotionally. If so, we will help her recover with the best of our ability. If not, she will be able to go home tomorrow," he said. I nodded in understanding and thanked him.

"Kamsahamnida," I bowed. He gave a little bow and walked away with his clipboard.

 

Ring Ring Ring

 

"Yobosayo?" I answered.

"Noona, I'll be there in a few minutes. I just took care of Cho Minwoo at the police station," Mark told me.

"By the way. Are the others coming?" I asked him.

"They really wanted to but I stopped them from coming. We don't need Jikyung to feel any worse. I know her and she doesn't like people to worry about her like this," he told me. I nodded to myself and hung up.

"Alright then, see you later,"

"See you,"

I shut my phone and sighed.

Why are you so stupid Mina? Will she never want to see me again? Does she hate me? I felt my eyes water. She is a good dongsaeng. The only one who puts up with me all the time. She's never had a temper unless it was Seungho. Those two hot heads. I laughed to myself. Speaking of which..they look good together..What am I thinking? I should be concerned of how her condition is right now...

"Friend of Park Jikyung?" the specialist assumed.

"Neh," I said as I nodded.

"I have the results of your friend here," she said, handing over the clipboard. I took a look at the clipboard while she explained Jikyung's condition.

"She seems to be very unstable at this moment. Once she is reminded of what happened earlier, she can change her attitude dramatically. She calls for someone named Seungho? Anyway, she is very sensitive right now and she is trying to close herself off from people she does not trust. Strangers for instance. This condition is very common because she has been sent here just a while ago. It will take her a while to recover fully," she explained.

"Is there any people who could comfort her?" I asked carefully.

"As weird as it is. Someone besides a family member. Someone she likes or someone that means something to her. More than a friend, if you know what I am trying to say," she said.

I nodded my head in understanding.

"Will it be dangerous to bring different people to her, to test it out?" I asked. She looked puzzled while she contemplated this.

"Yes and no. She may feel that you are feeling sorry for her. Something I've found out was that she does not favor sympathy or sorriness. But, if there is someone she wants to see, she will allow herself to bring her guard down. Please make her feel at ease and please don't force her into anything," she said.

"How long will she have to stay here?" I asked.

"Not long actually but if she prefers to go home, please follow her directions. Most of the time, these patients are easy to throw fits, get mad, cry, or do anything that expresses anger. If she does the opposite, she may close herself off from people and start to ignore everyone and everything. She may even ignore her own needs and feelings. Another condition is that she might be bipolar," she explained. I thanked her for her time and she went on to another patient.

"Hey, who was that?" Mark asked as he caught his breath by kneeling down.

I explained everything to him and his face was in pain.

"What do we do?" he asked.

"I don't know. How do we know who she wants to see and not see?" I asked carefully.

"I'll go in first," Mark volunteered.

He entered and I waited as I heard murmurs of him trying his best.

After a little while, he came out of the room. His face seemed a little pale.

"What's wrong?!" I shot up as I walked towards him.

He sighed and took a seat.

"She may seem normal but once you talk to her, it's like she's the female version of Seungho. Unlike him she's even scarier in her own way. Her eyes are empty but her glares shoot flying daggers. I asked if she knew who I was and she rambled on about how guys were all douchebags. Then she looked at me and stifled her laughter and demanded me to get out," Mark told me as he ran his hands through his har.

"This is the first time that she's ever been like this. Where has she gone...."

I sighed and started to tear up.

"It's all of my fault," I cried.

He gave me a reasurring hug and patted my head.

"Wait a minute...how did he find her? Wasn't that the last boyfriend she had since senior year? She told me something like that before,"

He pulled back and looked at me.

"That's what the police are investigating. Minwoo will be in that cell for a long long time after I spilled his dirty secrets," Mark said quietly.

"Noona, hyung," said Cheondung as he rushed to us.

"Cheondung," I greeted.

"Is Jikyung..."

"You can go see her. We really don't know who she wants to see and not see. Give it a try will you?" Mark asked of him. He nodded and opened the door slowly.

After 30 minutes, he came out and he seemed to look pale. He collapsed onto the chair and sighed.

"I don't think she wants to see me," he said, a little disappointed.

Suddenly, the door opened.

"Jikyung!" we gasped as she walked out. She walked out with a blank expression plastered over her face. She seemed to lose all color and she was as pale as ever. Her long dark brown hair was tied into a messy ponytail. Her bruises were very noticeable and she clutched her gown.

She stifled her laughter and she did not succeed. Her eyes bulged out and her tortued expression came on. She kneeled onto the floor and patted the floor.

"TAKE ME HOME NOW!" she yelled with a high-pitched scream.

"Take me back to Seoul!" she barked.

"Jikyung, you have to stay here," Cheondung whispered.

"Have to? My parents and my brother are dead. And I have to STAY HERE?!" she growled while looking up. Mark was not lying. That was the scariest glare I have ever seen in my life.

"Acted all sweet but turned out to be a devil. Got what he wanted and came after me. He. murdered. them. Cho. Minwoo," she laughed with those empty eyes. Then she jerked her head around.

"Seungho oppa?" she said as she smiled brightly. When he walked toward her she threw a fit and yelled into his ears. The nurses came and we motioned them away. She continued to hit him and he was taking it all in. She threatened him and then hugged him and over and over again. He looked expressionless and soon he whispered something in her ear. She calmed down and walked back to the room in swift footsteps.

It was as if we were watching some horror film. It sent chills down our backs and my hand was sweaty and clammy. Jikyung was far from her usual self. All of us exchanged looks and Seungho cleared his throat.

"Manager Kim says to send her back. He got a call from the police. Her family is gone. Cho Minwoo was behind it all," he whispered as he said the last part.

"What did you say?" Mark and I asked in fury. Cheondung seemed extra scared and bewildered.

"The Seoul police identified her family who did not survive a fire in their home. The same fire that we saw on the news..."

"Let's go!" hopped Jikyung as she tugged Seungho by his arm. She was changed into the new clothes I got for her from a boutique downstairs of the hospital.

He looked at her and back at us. Then she noticed.

"Goodbye Cheondung," she smiled. He seemed pained and he was looking at her arm.

She waved at Mark and he helplessly waved back. Then she looked at me. Nothing. She looked back at Seungho and tugged on him even more.

"Oppa, let's go," she whined. He sighed and turned around and started to walk toward the direction of the elevator. She talked to him and she shouted the most random things. He shushed her and she didn't seem to mind. Her voice faded as she became more and more distant from the three of us.

"Come on. You have a schedule again tomorrow," I told Cheondung as I recovered. The three of us headed home in silence.