Chapter 31

It Started by Eye Smile

"Yes, I understand, thank you very much," I bowed to the doctor that informed me on Seungho's condition. 

I waited for the doctor and nurse to leave until I sat back onto my chair that was right beside Seungho. He had a large wound on his left side and apparently the knife had gone a little too deep so he had bled a lot. I had a hard time digesting everything. Seungho was right beside me. I thought that he was dead. I had called G.O. earlier and he said that they would explain when they get here. To remind myself that Seungho was alive, I would touch his hand once in a while. His hand was a little cold compared to mine. I was still in shock about what happened earlier. I had not been touched by a man in such a way ever since that incident a good while back. To my surprise, I did not take it so badly as I did this time. Perhaps it was because Seungho was with me. Perhaps it was because I knew in my heart, I wouldn't be alone, but I didn't want Seungho to get hurt. He had no need to get hurt. 

He stirred. His forehead creased and his eyebrows furrowed. Slowly, I let my fingers trace the outline of his face. I propped by elbow on the bed so I could get a better view of him. I rubbed his temples lightly and he relaxed. I smiled to myself. He looked so much handsome when he wasn't scowling.

"You're handsome oppa," I whispered, while admiring him. I continued to look at him with both elbows propped on the bed. 

Once again, he stirred but this time, he opened his eyes, slowly. I took my elbows off the bed immediately, and sat back into the chair, trying to be as far as possible. I was a little scared, guilty for touching him without his consent. 

He looked up and ahead, touching his head in the process. Did his head hurt? He looked left, then the direction I dreaded the most. He looked right. He looked and turned away, back to his original postition. I tensified. Did he not see me? As if to answer my question, he faced me almost too quickly. 

"Yah," he said. My attention was to him. I nodded like a child.

"Come here," he motioned with his index finger. I shook my head no. I tried backing up in my chair but I ended up hitting the wall behind me. I was still really close to him.

"Aish, really," he smirked. He propped himself up a little and he grabbed the leg of my chair.

"Oh! Oh! What are you doing?" I gasped as he pulled me and the chair toward him. My knees hit the side of his bed gently. I tried backing up but this time, he grabbed my hand. 

"Mwoh?" I asked, with my eyes wide open. 

"You're handsome....oppa?" he smiled, looking up at the ceiling.

"Ay, jeongmal," I muttered, hitting my head with my free hand. He gripped my hand tighter than it already was. He moved it toward his face. 

"Wha-what a-are you do-doing?" I asked, in a tiny voice. 

"Do it again," he demanded.

"Do what?" I asked, taken aback. 

"You know...like this," he said. Was he shy? He put my palm on his face. 

"Omo," I gasped. He wanted me to do that? Sensing that I wasn't making any movements, he opened his eyes and turned to face me. He removed my palm from his face. I watched him in silence. He still had my hand in his and he rubbed it gently. He seemed to be very concentrated. 

"You made me really worried do you know that? You just disappeared like that. I couldn't tell myself you would be okay. The last time you disappeared by yourself, I was too paranoid to let you go this time. If you were in such a dilemma, you could've told the two of us. We would understand. You didn't have to do that, you know?" he said it in a tone that made me want to cry but made me feel a little happy at the same time. He was worried about me in a way others wouldn't be. 

"Seungho..." my voice cracked. 

"Hmm?" he asked, looking directly into my soul. 

"Thank you," I cried. He looked touched. He cupped the side of my face with his palm and wiped away an escaping tear with his thumb. He said nothing but smiled that smile. More tears escaped and soon, I couldn't control myself.

"I know I did wrong. I just couldn't face the two of you when I was so confused myself. Cheondung was too understanding and you confessed to me too. I didn't know what to do. No pressure just became pressure to me. I was too selfish," I cried, looking down. I felt the bed shift a little. Before I could look up, two arms were wrapped around me. 

"Don't cry," he whispered into my ear. He had his palm on my head and massaged my hair. 

"I'm so sorry," I choked. I wrapped my arms around him too. He winced. 

"Omo, did I hurt you?" I asked, alarmed. I pulled back to look at him. 

"Augh, Augh, I'm dying!" he gasped. He fell back onto the bed. I stood up and wiped my tears away quickly. 

"Let me look," I said, crouching down, beside him. He furrowed his brows and was gasping for air. 

"What do you need? What can a do to help you at least a bit? I'll do anything," I asked, desperately. He stopped moving and stopped gasping.

"Anything?" he asked. He raised a brow. 

"Mhmm, anything," I nodded, not realizing what I would be getting myself into. He fumbled for a bit and then a large grin played on his lips. He pointed to them while looking at me, playfully.

"Oppa, andwae!" I pouted.

"You said anything," he dictated. 

"Isn't that a little too extreme?" I blubbered. 

"You touched them earlier too. Why are you being so shy?" he retorted. 

"Oppa," I sang.

"Don't use that on me," he said, knocking my forehead. 

"Oppa, you know you like it," I tried again.

"I know that I want a kiss," he sang. 

"Why bbo bbo? UUUH? Wae..." I pouted. 

"AHH, it stings! Why did you hurt me? NURS-" he started. I cut him off. Quickly, I pecked his lips gently and sat back down in my chairs. I buried my head into my hands. I heard him chuckle, pleased and satisfied. 

"That's more like it," he said to himself, loud enough for me to hear. I could tell that he was content. 

"You can go now," he said suddenly.

"Mwoh? Why? Are you kicking me out?" I asked, offended. 

"Are you a byuntae? Are you going to watch me change? Omo..." he said in disgust. 

"Why would you need to change? You can't leave," I said, standing up. 

"If I don't, it will be the end of MBLAQ," he said confidently. I scoffed. He didn't bother saying anything else and nudged me toward the door. Before closing the door completely, I heard him on the phone. He was telling people back in Korea he would be returning and that there was no point for them to Japan. He requested two tickets for the flight back. I closed the door gently and took a seat on the bench. Why was he acting as if he was okay? Wasn't he in pain? I couldn't understand him. I touched my lips and smiled like an idiot. 

"Babo," he smirked, knocking my head, "did you enjoy it that much? It was just a peck too," he questioned, in a disapproving way.

"Yah, don't act like you didn't like it," I defended. He closed the door behind him and put on his jacket. 

"We've got a lot of learning to do on the flight back, don't we?" he said, raising his brow. I was shocked. He was the byuntae. What a ert. I glared at him and shuffled away quickly. 

"Wrong direction," I heard him say. 

"Hmph," I muttered, before walking in the opposite direction.