Chapter 14

It Started by Eye Smile

I feel as if I'm floating on water. The beams of sunlight hit my face bringing warmth all over my body. The cool breeze blows my hair. Suddenly, I start to move. My boat is rocking, side to side. I feel sweat running down my face.

~~~~~~Cheondung POV~~~~~~~~

I wasn't allowed into Jikyung's hospital room until the doctors agreed to let us in. Turns out, she out from over-exhaustion.

I was sitting on a bench right next to the door to her room. Manager hyung was here and so was Seungho. To be frank, I wondered why Seungho was here. I could understand Manager hyung being here since he was Jikyung's boss.

Seungho caught my attention by pacing back and forth, back and forth. He seemed to be thinking real hard, but I'm not sure why.

It was 11pm and we ended our soundcheck around 6pm. Jikyung has been out ever since 2 o'clock. The doctors told us this would be temporarily, but they said that Jikyung had it worse than other patients suffering from her condition. Jikyung has not been eating right and resting. The doctors said her ribs were starting to become visible and that she would soon be too weak to walk.

 

~~~~~~~~~~Seungho's POV~~~~~~~~~~

 

I can't believe this girl. Does she want me to worry like this? Wait. What does this have to do with me?

I've been here ever since my soundcheck and Jikyung is still out. The doctors gave her breathing aid and connected an IV bag to her arm, the basics for a patient. I wasn't too worried since I could probably guess how she became like this. What worried me the most was when would she gain consciousness.

"Ms. Park has woken up, you may visit only one person at a time," the doctor told us. We gave a slight bow and we all stood still.

"Cheondung, go first," Manager hyung said.

I really wanted to go first but since Cheondung and the assisstant photographer found Jikyung by the stairwell, it would be fair for him to see her first.

Am I jealous? Aiy, jinjja. I should've been the one to rescue her...Rescue isn't exactly the word. Why am I so worked up over Jikyung? I really don't understand.

 

 

~~~~~~Jikyung POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I opened my eyes to  florescent lighting. My eyes were blurred and I could barely make out the objects in front of me. I closed my eyes and furrowed my brows.

"Jikyung. Jikyung," a voice said.

"Mom? Dad?" I whispered. My eyes shot open and I looked to the right.

"Jihoo?" I asked with hope as I scanned the face in front of me. I tried to sit up but my arm was pulling me back.

"It's me Jikyung. It's Cheondung," the guy in front of me said.

I snapped back into reality and looked at Cheondung.

"It's not..Cheon.....," my voice cracked as I loosened my grip of Cheondung's arm. He layed me back down.

"What am I doing here?" I asked, with my head turned the other way.

"You collapsed by the stairwell at the studio earlier. We rushed you to the hospital and you've finally woken up after 8-9 hours," he explained. I didn't respond.

Cheondung tried grabbing my attention but I refused to talk to him. I was not in the mood to talk to anyone. I grabbed tightly onto the sheets and pulled them over me. I forced my eyes shut and hoped that I could be left alone.

After the door closed, I layed onto my back and loosened my grip on the sheets.

"Umma...appa...Jihoo...where are you guys? Why did you guys leave me alone in this cruel world? I thought we would face it together. I thought I would earn lots of money to buy us a beautiful house and travel around the world. What happened? I didn't even get a chance to grow up and look after you guys and the three of you leave me now?" I cried as I hugged my knees. I was crying softly.

The door creaked open and I saw Seungho enter. I quickly brushed away my tears and looked away. I heard him clear his throat and take a seat on the chair Cheondung was sitting on.

He sat there for what seemed like an hour. It was quiet but not akward, comforting and familiar.

"Jikyung-ah," Seungho started. I refused to look at him and I think he noticed this too. He slowly turned my body around and I did not lift my head up to meet his eyes.

"Jikyung," he said softly while lifting my chin up. I did not dare meet eyes with him.

"Look at me please," he said. After debating whether to look at him or not, I looked him in the eyes.

"I think we both know why you are here today. If you need a shoulder to lean on, I'll be there for you. If you need to cry, my shirt is for you," he said, looking directly into my eyes.

"Seungho. I......" I started. I immediately stopped talking as he pulled towards him. He was sitting on the edge of my bed and buried my head into his chest.

"It's okay to cry," he whispered.

"Seungho........."

"Don't talk. Just let all you've been holding in, out."

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

"I don't have a reason,"

"Why...."

"Gomawo," I whispered before letting it all out.

I sobbed into his chest. I let out all of my emotions. I said how I was feeling and Seungho just nodded. It felt nice to have someone to comfort me.

"I mi-s-s th-em," my lips trembled. Seungho my hair.

This time, Seungho pulled back and tucked my hair behind my hair. He wiped my tears with his thumbs and gave me an encouraging smile.

"Jikyung hwaiting!" he smiled. I looked at him miserably and continued to cry. I beat his chest with my fists.

"Why do you have to be so nice to me?!" I bawled. Seungho was paralyzed in his position, his gaze not leaving mine.

"Just leave. Leave me alone," I said coldly. He didn't move an inch.

"GO!" I almost shouted. He got off of my bed and stood in his position. He took one last look at me and walked away slowly. The door closed behind him and I clutched my shirt.

"It's not you Seungho,it's my fault. I can't like you. I don't have the strength to fall in love again. Love hurts...." I said to myself.

 

~~~~~~~~~Cheondung POV~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I overheard their conversation. My heart hurts. I liked Jikyung ever since we started talking. I would always try to become closer to her, only to find out that she sees me as a brother.

I sighed as I drove back to our dorm. My heart felt heavy and I really did not understand myself at all.

"Seungho and Jikyung. They seem unusually close," I said to myself. I parked my car in the parking garage and made my way to the front door.

"Hyung!" Mir greeted as he was biting into an apple.

I gave him a nod and walked to my room. I threw my stuff aside and climbed into bed. I closed my eyes and fell into a restless sleep.