Excitement

Decisions

 

            I sat down at one of the outside tables after getting my omurice. It was almost midnight and the small café was closing up. The only reason it stayed open after hours was because my friend, Chae, worked there. We had been friends since we were practically born and she knew my job/internship had me working long hours.

            “Ah, why don’t you quit already? You’re always late and you barely learn anything,” she said.

            I swallowed. “You know why. The pay is good and I need to take care of my brother. And I get to meet celebrities.”

            “You don’t need to be a stylist though. Hair and make up artists work with idols too and probably get better pay. You could do both of those!”

            “Yah, getting a job like that is easier said than done!” I told her with my mouth full. “When do I have time for an interview? Or to even look for a place to accept me? Besides, I worked too hard to get this job.”

            She sighed. “Alright Maeji, I guess you’re right.”

            I ate a bit more then said, “Oh did I tell you who we’re meeting with tomorrow?”

            Chae drank some of water and shook her head.

            “BEAST.”

            Cue fangirl scream.

            “Tell them I love them!!! Tell Hyunseung that I think he’s a dancing god and that he is so talented and handsome and a sweetheart! I have more but just tell him that for me!”

            I laughed. “It’s the least I could do.”

            “Thank you!” She was grinning and probably near exploding from happiness.

            “Wait! Junhyung, he’s in there. You’ll see him after all this time, that will be nice. . . Maybe you guys will actually get together instead of acting like a couple!” Chae exclaimed.

            “We’re just friends, besides you know Dongwoon is my bias.”

            “Okay, whatever you say. . . But if anything does happen, I better be the first one to know. If I have to find out through Allkpop or a jealous B2UTY there will trouble,” she teased.

            “Don’t worry, besides who else can I tell? Seomin?”

            “Kekeke! Your brother couldn’t care less about South Korea!”

            “I know, right? So don't worry, you'll be the first!”

            I finished eating and hugged her before going on the subway. When I got to my apartment I didn’t bother turning on the lights. I just set my alarm on my phone then fell asleep on the sofa.

            I woke up to G-Dragon rapping during “Baby Baby” the next morning. I went into my bathroom to shower and get dressed. After I showered and dressed, I had some cereal before doing my hair, make up, and brushing my teeth.

            Everything about me looked Oriental. My small body and dark hair, my pale skin. . . Everything aside from my eyes. My mom was full Korean, my dad full Canadian. I got my mom’s Korean traits, and the only thing I got from my dad was his blue eyes. My brother on the other hand was different, he looked perfectly mixed and was fluent in both English and Korean. The first born, the lucky one, the favorite.

            I’m not sure why I decided to examine myself now. Was it because I wanted to show how much I changed from when I was thirteen for Junhyung or was it for Dongwoon?